Safety Zaquan Patterson commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
It’s a new day. We lost our two starters with no viable replacements on the roster. Hes smart and physical. It’s either that or roll with two transfers because the starting safeties are not in the building yet in my opinion
Agree with everything your saying but hopefully Harris, Markeith or Spencer can grab a spot and a transfer with experience can take the other one. Certainly work him in but if Kam was getting torched for big plays all year in this defense, a TrFr will struggle worse.
I think safety is our second most important portal acquisition. Guidry’s defense needs a strong back end.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
@Coach Macho @gogeta4 , @DMoney Is this kid good enough to start in 2024? I know trusting your final line of defense to the EZ with a true freshman is risky. But I loved his highlights.
Depends on how well he can adjust to the X&O aspect of the game... because his high school basically only runs one coverage. Guidry gonna ask him to do things that are likely brand new to him.

Depends on how well he can adjust to the X&O aspect of the game... because his high school basically only runs one coverage. Guidry gonna ask him to do things that are likely brand new to him.
this is why i said he needs specific packages for him to get him acclimated. They rarely get challeneged at chaminade, and when they do he makes plays.

Film room will be key with him. Chaminade has a talent advantage in almost every game they play. I coached with his db coach at chaminade hes solid but zayquan will have to learn the breaking down film game like Kam did to learn tendencies add play designs because honestly for zauyquan its been see ball get ball im better than you almost his whole career

Advertisement
rotation and st’s. You don’t want him starting in this defenses as a Fr.
What does Kam have that this kid doesn’t (since he started from day 1 basically) I honestly don’t know much about him

Or are you just saying ideally you don’t want a true frosh starting which makes sense of course

What does Kam have that this kid doesn’t (since he started from day 1 basically) I honestly don’t know much about him

Or are you just saying ideally you don’t want a true frosh starting which makes sense of course
Ideally I don’t want a safety starting as a Fr. But scheme wise this is an enormous jump for him. Safety is the key to this defense.

Advertisement
Back