Safety Mishael Powell says Cam Ward is the best QB in the country

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Miami knew its safety room wasn’t championship-caliber after the departures of Kam Kinchens and James Williams to the NFL. So they went straight to the championship game to land Washington Huskies safety Mishael Powell. The 6’1, 210-pounder from Seattle (O’Dea) was a walk-on who chose Washington over offers from the Ivy League. He developed into a starting cornerback and then a starting safety, finishing the 2023 season with a team-leading 3 interceptions and a 73.9 coverage...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like the attitude of the players Mario recruits versus Diass.
Manny is a lazy recruiter and I don't think he knows what he's looking for in each of his players both in terms of physical attributes per position as well as mental attributes - essentially, does the kid love football?

Mario has a checklist and will only deviate if something pops off the screen or in person. For instance, Bain isn't physically built like the other edge players Mario has brought in, but Bain loves football and is relentless in his pursuit of becoming a great football player.

Advertisement
Manny is a lazy recruiter and I don't think he knows what he's looking for in each of his players both in terms of physical attributes per position as well as mental attributes - essentially, does the kid love football?

Mario has a checklist and will only deviate if something pops off the screen or in person. For instance, Bain isn't physically built like the other edge players Mario has brought in, but Bain loves football and is relentless in his pursuit of becoming a great football player.

I fully agree he has a very specific persona he looks for at each position under each potential scheme, then works out from there. But he's made exceptions. Bain, Sagapolou, Gore, Cook, Lofton. That's a good thing even if he hasn't always gotten it right. The debate on here about Mario's recruiting evals is a headscratcher to me. The man knows how to recruit IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You are on drugs. Comparing any players in college football to Mahomes is outrageous
You should porst more

Great Job Thumbs Up GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Lots of QB's left, so...I dunno...Cam might be the best coming into this season. He certainly should be top 10.

Advertisement
Back