Safety Depth?

cp7705

Sophomore
After this year we are going to be in a little bit of a situation. After Highsmith and Rodgers leave....thank goodness, We are only going to have only 3 safeties. I believe Burns is going to stay at Corner, and leaving Carter to back up both Bush/Jenkins. We gotta get in a safety or 2 this season's recruiting class. Anyone know if Lockley will be a TE or come back to play safety?

Advertisement
Lockley will start at safety. It's not an issue at the moment and we will likely grab 1 or 2 this off-season. Losing Highsmith and Rodgers will have little to no effect on depth IMO. Replace them with 2 2014 Recruits. Actually losing them and picking up 2 freshman might be an upgrade for 2014.

2013 Depth Chart (Scholarships)

Highsmith (Sr)
Rodgers (Sr)
Bush (So)
Jenkins (So)
Carter (Fr)
Lockley (Fr)
Lewis III (Fr)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
i really want to keep burns as corner, hopefully ray and/or lockley can play safety...i love our top three in bush, jenkins, and carter, but we do need depth, important position for us in 2014 class

Last edited:
We're so lucky Bush turned out to be such a baller at Safety cause I honestly thought he was solely a corner

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMO, until someone proves they can dethrone 2 and 26... Our safety's will be just that. Depth.

As far as this year goes, I would say we are not only deep at safety but talented. When your 2 backups are seniors it could prove to pay dividends.

For the life of me though, and I know we have some ballers, but the freshmen Carter is the most talented of this group based on high school production, tape, athletisicim, and measurables. Will be TOUGH to RS that kid.

We have Howard and Gunter starting at corner with A. Crawford, hope and Dortch being back ups. Why not have Burns start out at Saftey? Bush and Jenkins start, backed up by colorblind Rogers and Slowsmith. Have Carter, Burns, and Lockley fight it out and if need be.. move Burns to CB. I feel like Burns is "simair" to Bush- they can play both positions, both run hit and cover.

After watching the hudl vid agree Lockley's size/speed combination makes him a player you would want on Offense.

Lockley looked best to me as a RB. Let dude grow into Brandon Jacobs lite.

but then again I thought Figueroa looked most dominant at WR in his high school footage.

Advertisement
Back