Safety and Corner #'s?

hasena75

Junior
I'm sure this is in another post somewhere but how many safeties and corners is Miami looking to take in the 2013 class?

Advertisement
I'm going to say 4 of some combination of DB's depending on what movement there is within this year's class of corners.

I'm going to say 4 of some combination of DB's depending on what movement there is within this year's class of corners.

I'll say 3-4. 1 True CB, a couple Safeties, and one guy that could be either (Artie Burns please)

It'll depend on ajl (getting in or not) and if any wrs from this years class get moved, and on final class size, which will be potentially impacted by the NCAA. 3-4 IMO. We need a qb, min. 3 OL, 2 TEs, 2 RBS, 2 wrs, prolly a punter, 4 DL, 2 lbs and an athlete. That's 18 kids. 4 DBS to make 22 sounds good to me.

Advertisement
It seems like Jamal Carter has Miami out in front. What other prospects are being looked at?
Safeties:
McQuay
Thomas
Burns
Alexander

Corner?
Alexander
Hargreaves
Burns
Ellis

Last edited:
Safety prospects: Jamal Carter, Artie Burns, Mackenro Alexander, Ahmad Thomas

I think those are our top targets with the first 3 being our most sought after.

I'm seeing us taking 3 safeties and 1 CB.

Right now we're looking to take 2 safeties and 1 corner.

S: Burns, Carter
CB: Alexander

I also like Mackenro and Leroy Clark but there are only so many spots.

Advertisement
Right now we're looking to take 2 safeties and 1 corner.

S: Burns, Carter
CB: Alexander

I also like Mackenro and Leroy Clark but there are only so many spots.

Yep, it's going to be a smaller class this year. Less spots.

I'd like 3 safeties and no corners. If a frosh corner leaves then maybe a stud corner if we can.

Burns and Carter is major haul. Dade County defensive backfield of Burns, Carter, Deon, and Howard would be nice...

Do you see a scenario where we take Mackensie and not Mackenro?

Absolutely. That's what the staff wants right now seeing as Mackenro doesn't have an offer (but is being recruited). None of the other contenders for Mackensie have offered Mackenro so we're not in a desperate situation.

I'd like 3 safeties and no corners. If a frosh corner leaves then maybe a stud corner if we can.

Burns and Carter is major haul. Dade County defensive backfield of Burns, Carter, Deon, and Howard would be nice...

I see what you mean about there being no need to take a corner this class. But, an elite prospect like Alexander is someone you have to pursue hard regardless of need/numbers. If we can't land him, I have no issue with being cornerless for this class

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back