SACRILEGE!! F YOU ESPN!! 🖕🏽

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
love Dorsey but he was on the greatest football team of all time. He had a weak arm and even though he was a greatt game manager. He is almost always over rated on this board.
He is overrated in terms of what he was individually. But he was the QB of those teams so he gets a lions share of the credit by default...but the fact we got a poster on here claiming King “isn’t a real QB” when he in fact has a higher completion percentage and better TD/INT ratio is laughable..nah he doesn’t fit the 6”4 can’t run and Clark Kent look of that what ppl seemingly think a QB should. But he’s a **** QB. You put king in the 02 game vs OSU with all that talent around him and we win that ball gamr

Advertisement
Keeping it a 💯. I have no problem with the list. Dorsey was surrounded by all time talent. We all know this. If he played is A game vs OSU he’s top 15. But if go back and look at that game, and quite frankly some other games throughout his career he was limited. He probably played his worse game in that fiesta bowl
He had limitations but he was a fit for that team and he made it to nfl and even started. He wasn’t a good nfl player but he made it for a minute

He is overrated in terms of what he was individually. But he was the QB of those teams so he gets a lions share of the credit by default...but the fact we got a poster on here claiming King “isn’t a real QB” when he in fact has a higher completion percentage and better TD/INT ratio is laughable..nah he doesn’t fit the 6”4 can’t run and Clark Kent look of that what ppl seemingly think a QB should. But he’s a **** QB. You put king in the 02 game vs OSU with all that talent around him and we win that ball gamr
Bro this poster is taking into account today’s college football is a different game. You think king crushes it against those va tech and fsu teams? He looked completely lost against Clemson and unc What did he do in bowl game before getting hurt? You think in that era he’s doing that spin move stuff? He is not a real qb. He is an athlete. He throws short passes like a shortstop, he missed on a ton of deep balls, he missed open wrs all the time. He can improve but he’s not what you think

Bro this poster is taking into account today’s college football is a different game. You think king crushes it against those va tech and fsu teams? He looked completely lost against Clemson and unc What did he do in bowl game before getting hurt? You think in that era he’s doing that spin move stuff? He is not a real qb. He is an athlete. He throws short passes like a shortstop, he missed on a ton of deep balls, he missed open wrs all the time. He can improve but he’s not what you think
Dorsey looked “lost” vs Boston college..Dorsey threw ducks. I mean are we really nicpicking a guy with a all time oline plus running game that forced any defense to play 7 or 8 in the box. And when defense did that he has Dre, Wayne, moss, shockey, Winslow on 1v1.

No matter the era football is a numbers game. No matter rather it’s the spread tempo or pro style bro. Dorsey had the luxury of the talent around him. and if we just looking at him individually as a QB as far as arm strength , accuracy, ball placement ability to improvise id take a kid like king. Like I said I understand king doesn’t fit the mold of a 6”4 Clark Kent QB but the numbers and film doesn’t lie

Advertisement
Career YPA
QB A: 8.3
QB B: 8.2

career QBR
QB A: 147.4
QB B: 154.5

career completion percentage
QB A: 57.9
QB B: 62.6

@nycane those are the numbers From two guys. When u take the names away who would say is the “athlete playing QB” ?? Who would u say Is a better passer?
Which one would u guess played with all time talent upfront, on the outside and in the backfield..

And Dorsey threw for more yards and tds on less attempts.
I don’t get your point. This is a stat padding era.

Dorsey looked “lost” vs Boston college..Dorsey threw ducks. I mean are we really nicpicking a guy with a all time oline plus running game that forced any defense to play 7 or 8 in the box. And when defense did that he has Dre, Wayne, moss, shockey, Winslow on 1v1.

No matter the era football is a numbers game. No matter rather it’s the spread tempo or pro style bro. Dorsey had the luxury of the talent around him. and if we just looking at him individually as a QB as far as arm strength , accuracy, ball placement ability to improvise id take a kid like king. Like I said I understand king doesn’t fit the mold of a 6”4 Clark Kent QB but the numbers and film doesn’t lie
He didn’t have moss and Wayne in 2000

It’s not about hating king. Some guys are just the right fit for a team. @caneinorlando can tell you that. Everyone thought Kenny Kelly was the guy
but Dorsey made it work.

Advertisement
If I were to rank the QBs:

1a. Kelly - Top nod given to the first great one.
1b. Walsh - 23-1 record, a bad call against ND cost him a 24-0 record and consecutive undefeated NCs.
2a. Kosar - First NC as a redshirt freshman.
2b. Dorsey - Captain of the 2000-2002 resurgence. Bad call in Fiesta Bowl cost him a second undefeated NC in 2002.
3. Testaverde - Most physically gifted of the group, but faltered in both bowl games.
4. Toretta - Least physically gifted of the group, but a great leader and tough as nails.
5. Erickson - Underrated in many ways. The team’s only loss in 1989 was a game he missed @FSU.

It’s not about hating king. Some guys are just the right fit for a team. @caneinorlando can tell you that. Everyone thought Kenny Kelly was the guy
but Dorsey made it work.
Never said it’s about hating king. But when someone says he’s a “athlete playing QB”..well that’s just stupidity. We all know Ken is one the best canes of all time. You can have a football discussion about individual talents

He had limitations but he was a fit for that team and he made it to nfl and even started. He wasn’t a good nfl player but he made it for a minute
The fact that he made it to the league has nothing to do with this list of this post. Nobody is saying he wasn’t a all time great cane . If we are having a football discussion, (I thought that’s what we were doing), then you factor in everything. Ken was the QB of a all time great TEAM. So yes he gets most the credit. But you can’t ignore what was surrounding him

The fact that he made it to the league has nothing to do with this list of this post. Nobody is saying he wasn’t a all time great cane . If we are having a football discussion, (I thought that’s what we were doing), then you factor in everything. Ken was the QB of a all time great TEAM. So yes he gets most the credit. But you can’t ignore what was surrounding him
No one said he wasn’t surrounded by talent. I just view king as a superior athlete for his position, I don’t view him as a great qb. He doesn’t have great instincts but in today’s college football being an athlete like him it makes it easier to put up numbers

Advertisement
love Dorsey but he was on the greatest football team of all time. He had a weak arm and even though he was a greatt game manager. He is almost always over rated on this board.
Watch his film and tell me how often he underthrew wide open folks. rarely.

Dawg Ken was a 58% passer while at Miami. That team 00-02 was running team through and through..kings arm and ball placement is just as good if not better. Dorsey had 4 HOF WRs and 2 HOF TEs not to mention that he run game. Anyone saying king is not a “real QB” is dumb asf
Delusional if you think Kings ball placement is as good. That gap is why he came back.

Advertisement
Is Gino better than Erickson, Kosar, Walsh, and Dorsey who all had long NFL careers? Is he better than Jim Kelly who led his team to 4 Super Bowls and is an NFL HOF’er?

He did win the Heisman...
Right that is what the clown is saying! LMAO!

These comparisons are beyond dumb. Why don’t we just go ahead and add Y. A. ****le into these comparisons as well. It’s irrelevant to compare Dorsey with King and then asking who would win more.
Its sports and these conversations are fun, dont like it scroll on by!!

Advertisement
Back