Saban's Final Act

Listen, there’s a segment in this fan base that loves holding on to old chit or using old chit to discredit ppl. This is no shot at u, but I’ve seen this argument for a while to put a chynk in Saban’s coaching ability, along w The Miami Dolphins.

Let me be clear; I’m not a Saban diznyck rider, but like w/ all other greats who I don’t too much care for, I have a certain level of respect for them & I won’t look for ways to discredit them.

So let’s talk about Saban & his previous stops at Toledo & MSU:

Saban took over a Toledo program as a 1st time HC, taking over a team that went 22-17-1 the previous 4 yrs under Coach Simrell, & 12-10 in the last two. Saban went 9-2, won the conference in his 1st season. He resigned to become Bill Belichick’s DC for the Cleveland Browns. B/c of his success as a DC, that led him to MSU.

MSU is a CBB school first & foremost. Saban took over a MSU program that went 19-26 over the last 4 seasons under Coach Perles, including 11-12 the last 2 seasons, and were under sanctions due to an academic scandal. 1st yr, they went 6-5-1 their first winning season since 1990, & finished w/ a 9-2 record his last yr there, which was their best season since 1987.

He took over a LSU program that was 26-20 over the past 4 seasons, including 7-15 over the last two seasons under Coach DiNardo. Immediately, they became contenders and eventual Nat’l Champions

He took over a Bama program that went 26-23 over 4 yrs under Coach Shula, & was under sanctions, & we know what has transpired.

However u want to slice it, dude can coach. His coaching has been amplified b/c he’s a savage recruiter who gives two fcks about the next team. He’s slimy, grimy, & cut throat af, but most successful ppl r. He’s petty af too, but again, a lot of successful ppl r. He’s built a factory; ya’ll keep saying how can Kid A want to go to bum fck America, & kid A don’t even return to Bama…

1. Kid A sees bum fck America as NFL draft central which is going to get him paid as a recruit and as a draftee.

2. Kid A sees bum fck America as winning 101

3. Kid A tends to come back when bum fck America is in a Nat’l title game or big bowl game on the sidelines, or it’s most likely b/c Kid A is too busy playing NFL football b/c of point #1.

Edit: since when is a common word chynk (had to misspell on purpose) a censored word??

Listen, there’s a segment in this fan base that loves holding on to old chit or using old chit to discredit ppl. This is no shot at u, but I’ve seen this argument for a while to put a chynk in Saban’s coaching ability, along w The Miami Dolphins.

Let me be clear; I’m not a Saban diznyck rider, but like w/ all other greats who I don’t too much care for, I have a certain level of respect for them & I won’t look for ways to discredit them.

Saban took over a Toledo program as a 1st time HC, taking over a team that went 22-17-1 the previous 4 yrs under Coach Simrell, & 12-10 in the last two. Saban went 9-2, won the conference in his 1st season. He resigned to become Bill Belichick’s DC for the Cleveland Browns. B/c of his success as a DC, that led him to MSU.

MSU is a CBB school first & foremost. Saban took over a MSU program that went 19-26 over the last 4 seasons under Coach Perles, including 11-12 the last 2 seasons, and were under sanctions due to an academic scandal. 1st yr, they went 6-5-1 their first winning season since 1990, & finished w/ a 9-2 record his last yr there, which was their best season since 1987.

He took over a LSU program that was 26-20 over the past 4 seasons, including 7-15 over the last two seasons under Coach DiNardo. Immediately, they became contenders and eventual Nat’l Champions

He took over a Bama program that went 26-23 over 4 yrs under Coach Shula, & was under sanctions, & we know what has transpired.

However u want to slice it, dude can coach. His coaching has been amplified b/c he’s a savage recruiter who gives two fcks about the next team. He’s slimy, grimy, & cut throat af, but most successful ppl r. He’s petty af too, but again, a lot of successful ppl r. He’s built a factory; ya’ll keep saying how can Kid A want to go to bum fck America, & kid A don’t even return to Bama…

1. Kid A sees bum fck America as NFL draft central which is going to get him paid as a recruit and as a draftee.

3. Kid A tends to come back when bum fck America is in a Nat’l title game or big bowl game on the sidelines, or it’s most likely b/c Kid A is too busy playing NFL football b/c of point #1.

Edit: since when is a common word chynk (had to misspell on purpose) a censored word??
I had to look up his record at Michigan state I didn't think he did that good there but I still can't stand him or dabo

Advertisement
I had to look up his record at Michigan state I didn't think he did that good there but I still can't stand him or dabo

Correct, Butch did a helluva lot more down 30+ scholarships, than Saban did with the pip squeak scholarship reductions the NCAA gave MSU...it's not even close really.

And make no mistake, Saban had talent at MSU His last year there, d a m n near His entire defense went to the NFL, and He had Plaxico Burress on offense.

Advertisement

Pretty spot in like usual, Rel.

Kid A’s also a great album, just saying

Edit: since when is a common word chynk (had to misspell on purpose) a censored word??~uch respect for your knowledge of the game

Much respect for your knowledge of the game

Advertisement
We've all been watching college football long enough to witness the re-emergence and dominance of Nick Saban and the Tide. He's considered the greatest CFB coach of all time and won 7 Nattty's, HOWEVER, what has been unsaid in the mainstream is the manner of HOW he got to that point pre-NIL and what the NIL means for him and the vaunted "process" afterward going to what many can consider the last leg of his coaching legacy.

So, I have the privilege of attending FUMA ( if you know, you know) for three years during is golden football days where I had the pleasure of seeing DJ Paterson (Harvard) and Chris Perry(U-M) play. Mark Filmore (NW) was a receiver on the JV football team I was on that year and Billy McMullen (VT) and Asad Abdul Khaliq(Minn) were PG's. Tons of memories of that place. The legendary Coach Micky Sullivan said this and I'm paraphrasing " Yea, we train and practice hard however more times than not, if you have the better players coming off the bus, you're usually going to win". Alot of year's that's what it was, we just had the better players. Which brings me to Ole Nick..

If he can win at least one more championship during this leg of his career, I'm going to be more impressed that any of the one's prior. Why? Well, it's because he's not playing with a stacked deck every year like before and now money to players is not a hush-hush taboo issue. Everyone has access to paying the players. Once more with Lincoln Riley at USC, Mario at Miami, Kirby at UGA, Kelly at LSU, Day at OSU, and Fisher at TAMU plus Heupel at Tenn, he can't waltz into any area in the country anymore and cherry pick the best players from all over. NOPE! That, coupled with the fact that he's not the only person that has a "compensation machine" behind him at Bama, things are going to be much tougher for him to do what he's done in the past.

Personally, I think even without those factors, he's still probably one of the greats if not these greatest of all time however, looking at it, this is a beast of his own doing. They were so "good" for many years, that the rest of college football had to catch up. They did, in a big way. I'll be interested to see how the Tide respond in this latest incarnation of college football with a more even playing ground, can they be as dominate as they once were? I think Ole Nick has at least one left in him but we'll see. Let me know your thoughts..
The difference between Saban and some of his pretenders is that he's willing to adapt and most of them aren't. They're using his blueprint from 2015, not 2020-22. Practice schedule, recovery, S&C, scheme, etc.

Saban just pulled the no1 class and the guys are from everywhere- FL, GA, TX, Iowa, LA, MS, OK, KS. Last year was no2 and the same variety. 2020 class? No2- also variety of states

Alabama is only getting easier to recruit in at home- the cities are growing (people are moving to B'ham and Mobile) and the HS's are taking football and S&C seriously. 14 guys from AL in the last 2 classes.

So far only 1 portal guy this year after needing 5 last year, two in '20. BOB will be in the NFL and he'll replace him with someone more college-centric. He already shipped his DB coach out to Mr. Prime

My point was that Belicheat can’t win anything now that he doesn’t have Brady. Will Saban be able to keep winning championships now that he doesn’t have the advantages he once had?
Brady realized he wasn't win anymore because that division was getting better and the patriots were not. Brady went to a team that needed a QB who could just not turn the ball over and was in a weak division. Atlanta sucks Carolina sucks new Orleans is good defense but drew Brees started getting injured that division was a cake walk. I personally think Tom is the most accomplished but they cheated but I don't think he is the best QB ever. He isn't leaps and bounds better than Peyton. As a matter of fact Peyton took four coaches to a Superbowl and all his head coaches were good to okay at best. If you flipped Brady and manning does manning with all those superbowls in New England and does Tom win anything in Indy.

The difference between Saban and some of his pretenders is that he's willing to adapt and most of them aren't. They're using his blueprint from 2015, not 2020-22. Practice schedule, recovery, S&C, scheme, etc.

Saban just pulled the no1 class and the guys are from everywhere- FL, GA, TX, Iowa, LA, MS, OK, KS. Last year was no2 and the same variety. 2020 class? No2- also variety of states

Alabama is only getting easier to recruit in at home- the cities are growing (people are moving to B'ham and Mobile) and the HS's are taking football and S&C seriously. 14 guys from AL in the last 2 classes.

So far only 1 portal guy this year after needing 5 last year, two in '20. BOB will be in the NFL and he'll replace him with someone more college-centric. He already shipped his DB coach out to Mr. Prime
Birmingham and Mobile are two of the Nastiest Sh*tholes in the U.S....

Birmingham and Mobile are two of the Nastiest Sh*tholes in the U.S....
Yet in B'ham they're paying teachers 15K more a year than in Florida + 18 stipends to build V and JV staffs +12K for head coach

MS FB HC there makes the same stipend as a V FB HC in FL- 4K.

Advertisement
Yet in B'ham they're paying teachers 15K more a year than in Florida + 18 stipends to build V and JV staffs +12K for head coach

MS FB HC there makes the same stipend as a V FB HC in FL- 4K.
That's certainly a valid point....but both cities are absolute dumps.

Advertisement
Back