saban scheduling idea

Advertisement
Yet they play Mercer, Fresno, CSU, and FSU this season lol. To me that is just talk no SEC school would willingly do that.

Self interest because that would pretty much mean no non- power 5 conference would ever make the playoffs because they would never get the chance to play the "big boys". Would also mean the App States of college football would never get the chance to "upset" one of the big boys. Plus it would pretty much guarantee, not that it isn't now, that all the top talent would only go to P5 schools. Saban is a self serving little troll

I'm all for tougher schedules for everybody, but more conference games isn't the way. If this were to go down, it should encourage teams to play teams they wouldn't normally see not another in-conference team. No real reason for that, I just think it would be more interesting. As for the bowl thing, I'd back bids being given out based on ranking instead of who you think will sell tickets. Obviously the bowl people are in it for money, but a 6 win nd should never get a bid over an 8 win P5 team. Actually nd should never get a bid at all and saban should go fck himself, but I guess that's another conversation.

My gripe about conference play right now is playing only teams in your division each year, with one team from the other division locked in. That leaves only one team to rotate in every year. It takes years sometimes to play teams in your conference while you're stuck seeing the same 7 every year.

Advertisement
My gripe about conference play right now is playing only teams in your division each year, with one team from the other division locked in. That leaves only one team to rotate in every year. It takes years sometimes to play teams in your conference while you're stuck seeing the same 7 every year.

Maybe 4 divisions per conference? Not sure what the answer is. Personally, I think 12 teams per conference was the right number. Any more than that and it's just unwieldy. Totally agree with what you said, just not sure how proper balance gets achieved in this age of conference consolidation. More conference games is certainly not the answer.

I think you do away with the conference divisions and play a nine game conference schedule. You keep your permanent rival and the rest of the conference schedule is generated randomly. At the end of the season the top two teams play in the conference championship. Then you have three non conference games games where you play one mandatory p5 and two other fbs schools of your choosing be it P5 or not.

As far as the playoff talk I think you keep the four team model. After the playoff is set the remaining teams are ranked and you take say the next 50 teams not in the playoff and generate the bowl matchups off of the rankings I.E., 5 plays 6 and so forth.

I didn't read the article, but if that snake Nick Saban is in favor of it, I automatically disagree with it.

Advertisement
I recall when UM was independent (years prior to 1979), it was quite a road show - we played teams all over the US.

That exposure to other conferences, and other teams far and wide - made us a much better team - as we could expect anything - and a couple years later, when "anything" came along - we'd just whip them -

and conversely, they'd never seen anything quite like the Hurricanes.

Man, those were the days - we could play big teams at will - beat them - end their winning streaks - and we apparently made some good money without being in any conference.

Looked up Alabama's future OOC, here's their 2019, for example

Duke
Southern Miss
NM St
FCS School

Saban's -made self will always schedule as easily as possible. Our fans would meltdown (and rightfully so) if that was our OOC games

Looked up Alabama's future OOC, here's their 2019, for example

Duke
Southern Miss
NM St
FCS School

Saban's -made self will always schedule as easily as possible. Our fans would meltdown (and rightfully so) if that was our OOC games

Saban is a little fugging napolean prick who benefits from a system model that serves his interest, a state that sucks him off and anoints him as a god, and a school with unlimited resources. when the factors are equal (like in the NFL) he shows he is simply a mediocre control freak who cannot succeed.

Fug him and fug his opinion. just cuz he states it does not mean his ideas are more valid or more important. fug him and hope he fails....always!

You guys are closed-minded idiots. Of course Saban schedules cupcakes, because that's what everyone else does. What he's saying is he doesn't want to do that anymore. He wants everyone, including himself, to only schedule Power 5 opponents. No more Miami vs BCC and Bama vs Georgia Southern, etc. And he's 100000% right, it would generate more interest for the game. No one, literally no one except for the accountants in these FCS schools get excited for these games. He's saying let's treat it like pro football because let's be honest, it's big business. Adapt with the times. I thought it was a great suggestion, but he's saying of course it's got to be a level playing field for everyone.

I hope they take the suggestion seriously. Would be so much better for CFB.

Advertisement
Playing FCS teams is never good. It's a glorified scrimmage. I have always hated Miami playing the likes of FAMU, BCC, etc. Lets schedule teams in P5 for out of conference and be done with it.

Playing FCS teams is never good. It's a glorified scrimmage. I have always hated Miami playing the likes of FAMU, BCC, etc. Lets schedule teams in P5 for out of conference and be done with it.

Which is why I thought Diaz's idea of playing FCS teams for the spring game was brilliant. I would like them to copy the nfl, cross conference division match ups. ex: acc vs pac 12 (2018) sec vs big 10 (2019) etc. And match up the teams by their strength, 1vs1 2vs2 3vs3 etc etc. But with only 5 P5 conferences, I dont ever see them doing anything like that. Unless some of the non PF make up a sixth by taking the best non P5 shcools and putting them in that one conference.

You guys are closed-minded idiots. Of course Saban schedules cupcakes, because that's what everyone else does. What he's saying is he doesn't want to do that anymore. He wants everyone, including himself, to only schedule Power 5 opponents. No more Miami vs BCC and Bama vs Georgia Southern, etc. And he's 100000% right, it would generate more interest for the game. No one, literally no one except for the accountants in these FCS schools get excited for these games. He's saying let's treat it like pro football because let's be honest, it's big business. Adapt with the times. I thought it was a great suggestion, but he's saying of course it's got to be a level playing field for everyone.

I hope they take the suggestion seriously. Would be so much better for CFB.

Little harsh there champ. On the plus side, thank god you're here to stick up for saban. That poor guy gets no respect, and hardly anyone will listen to his ideas.

Advertisement
Saban knows that playing games against ****** schools does nothing for his team.

He prefers scheduling openers against good opponents (FSU, Wisconsin, USC) because his team works harder during camp.

I think the potential matchups would provide more income to the Power 5 conferences through their TV contracts. Some schools would be against it too as UF would have a more difficult time ensuring their hard core schedule stays intact - having most of their games at home or close by.

It happens at least once every season where there are no top 25 teams facing each other,usually the 2nd or 3rd week, kills the whole weekend !

Whatever they have to do,we need better match-ups. I'd love to see more inter-conference match-ups where say Miami is playing Texas or OU instead of Ark State.

Advertisement
Back