saban scheduling idea

I still think it's only a matter of time before the big boys take their toys to their own sandbox. The NCAA needs P5 schools more than the P5 schools need the NCAA. The big money schools will eventually break off and form their own football group where they make their own rules and parity isn't a focal point.

Advertisement
You guys are closed-minded idiots. Of course Saban schedules cupcakes, because that's what everyone else does. What he's saying is he doesn't want to do that anymore. He wants everyone, including himself, to only schedule Power 5 opponents. No more Miami vs BCC and Bama vs Georgia Southern, etc. And he's 100000% right, it would generate more interest for the game. No one, literally no one except for the accountants in these FCS schools get excited for these games. He's saying let's treat it like pro football because let's be honest, it's big business. Adapt with the times. I thought it was a great suggestion, but he's saying of course it's got to be a level playing field for everyone.

I hope they take the suggestion seriously. Would be so much better for CFB.

Bama usually has one of the weakest OOC schedules in the country.

Look at my above post for their 2019 garbage.

They always play 1 neutral site game against a P5 team (so 75% of the crowd is bama fans), then 3 OOC cupcakes. They never, ever play a true road game, or 2 P5 teams in a season.

So all the posters defending Saban and bama just look dumb. These same posters throw temper tantrums over our OOC schedule, which 9/10 years is far harder than Saban's

My gripe about conference play right now is playing only teams in your division each year, with one team from the other division locked in. That leaves only one team to rotate in every year. It takes years sometimes to play teams in your conference while you're stuck seeing the same 7 every year.

Agreed. I don't know about ya'll, but I'm getting bored with playing GT, UVA, Duke, UNC, and now even Pitt every season. The only Coastal game that's usually exciting is VT.

I don't mind a cakewalk or 2. I know the game itself isn't entertaining but I like seeing the young guys get some reps in the 2nd half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Non Conference would be respectable this year if Bethune wasn't on it but they are so its pretty pitiful. These teams should not play FCS schools, especially bad ones. if we were playing any other P5 team or legitimate mid major (like Toledo and AKst are) it would be a legit schedule including the conference games.

Advertisement
You guys are closed-minded idiots. Of course Saban schedules cupcakes, because that's what everyone else does. What he's saying is he doesn't want to do that anymore. He wants everyone, including himself, to only schedule Power 5 opponents. No more Miami vs BCC and Bama vs Georgia Southern, etc. And he's 100000% right, it would generate more interest for the game. No one, literally no one except for the accountants in these FCS schools get excited for these games. He's saying let's treat it like pro football because let's be honest, it's big business. Adapt with the times. I thought it was a great suggestion, but he's saying of course it's got to be a level playing field for everyone.

I hope they take the suggestion seriously. Would be so much better for CFB.

Bama usually has one of the weakest OOC schedules in the country.

Look at my above post for their 2019 garbage.

They always play 1 neutral site game against a P5 team (so 75% of the crowd is bama fans), then 3 OOC cupcakes. They never, ever play a true road game, or 2 P5 teams in a season.

So all the posters defending Saban and bama just look dumb. These same posters throw temper tantrums over our OOC schedule, which 9/10 years is far harder than Saban's

The reading comprehension on this site just baffles me. Who is defending Saban? He's not talking 1% about what's done now. He never said, nor did I, they play a challenging OOC schedule. As a matter of fact he's saying the opposite. They play 3-4 games no one cares about, and in the future, he wants EVERYONE (Alabama included) to play nothing but Power 5 schools to eliminate the cupcake games. If everyone has to do it, then it's a level playing field. It's a great suggestion and would generate even more interest for the game.

Saban is all about self - interest. Dude is not about helping anyone but himself.

Advertisement
Back