Saban Retires Due To Landscape He helped create

Advertisement
LOL, the 2019 Bama team had Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, Metchie, & Harris at RB, all of those guys committed before NIL, no way in h e l l does Bama get all of those guys if NIL was a thing back then. H e l l Saban was cryin', b!tchin' & moanin' about a WR recruit asking for $2M and ending up at Tennessee in His post retirement interview.
Waddle too right?

He’s my #2
Im taking Urban over Saban. Urban won 17-6 at Bowling Green, 22-2 at Utah, 65-15 at Florida and 83-9 at Ohio State, for a total college coaching record of 187-32.

He really wasn’t getting TALENT talent until Florida and OSU to be for real.

Advertisement
I literally just laid out his classes, & this is ur rebuttal?

& on to off that, u’re wrong in ur rebuttal! Lmao
Jeudy, Ruggs, & Smith were Class of 2017, BEFORE the transfer portal. Metchie was 2019 during the transfer portal. The point being despite how CFB have changed w/ NIL & the transfer portal, Saban nor Bama skipped a beat in recruiting or winning.

U’re reaching; the landscape of CFB frustrated him, that’s well known, but that’s not why he retired. His demeanor started changing in 2021, & folks around thought he would be retiring in 2022.

My demeanor would change, too, if I had 5 1st Rd. picks at WR, one 1st Rd. pick at RB, oh and, 2 1st Rd. picks at QB LOL. And the portal was irrelevant to Alabama then, they had so much talent coming out the wazoo that they didn't need it.

Advertisement
None of the supposed " advantages" or opinions yall have of him personally have **** to do with his ability to field a disciplined team, well developed players at every position, manage games, coach up other coaches, and reinvent himself and methods.

You could give 90% of the other coaches the same "advantages" and they wouldn't SNIFF 6 ships.

Yall some hatin *** fools mane.
Fair and I do think he is a good coach. I do remember this board and others calling Kirby Smart a corch. Well that "Corch" took Saban's NFL- style blueprint applied it in Georgia a place that was willing to match Bama's commitment and this "Corch" all of a sudden won two chips in a row with one loss in two years and is NOW considered one of the top dudes in America.

It's not Kirby's X and O's that make him a "great" coach. Send him to the NFL where the parity is real and he will fare worst than Urban.

Saban built the machine and by 2020 was getting players at discount prices.

But he BUILT this NFL-style system at Bama. What is being done at Oregon, Miami, and Georgia and even Texas is a direct result of him bringing pro level resources to the college game with big time investment in recruiting.

What NIL did was allow other teams to catch up way quicker to him... and as NIL continues to grow and Bama continues to lag in that department the process of winning was going to become that much harder. He saw this. He hasnt won since 2020 and now Texas is surging, Oregon is surging, Georgia is top dog. Heck OSU THIS OFFSEASON stacked their deck Bama style.

And Miami is now landing 5 ⭐️ DL/ OL that he possibly would have landed in years past. This man is not stupid... he saw that winning was getting wayyyy harder than before and dipped in the Nick of time ( pun intended)

Patr chimed in... I really do not understand how he thinks a coach that won 47% at the NFL level doesn't see that a s a "fail".

Maybe because he added "failed horribly" Well I never said he failed horribly. He was just average at best. Maybe in his response to the guy above? But the point stands.. he won when he vastly out talented teams. Not because he was this "amazing" coach.

Advertisement
What NIL did was allow other teams to catch up way quicker to him... and as NIL continues to grow and Bama continues to lag in that department the process of winning was going to become that much harder

I don't think Bama is lagging in the NIL dept., but I don't think they have the financial resources to hoard talent like they used to before inflation & NIL.

Im taking Urban over Saban. Urban won 17-6 at Bowling Green, 22-2 at Utah, 65-15 at Florida and 83-9 at Ohio State, for a total college coaching record of 187-32.

He really wasn’t getting TALENT talent until Florida and OSU to be for real.
Alex smith was his qb. He went 1st pick after those 2 utah yrs

Advertisement
No fun unless you do it illegally
It's easier to do a illegal deal under the table than the opposite. Saban is old and he saw the playing field changing. Me personally I don't want my coach or president or anyone of significance to be able to collect social security. They should be retired and enjoying their victory lap.

Advertisement
Back