Saban has retired.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because the phones are already ringing, DMs are already being hit. Fake contracts are already being sent. Unless BAMA has a coach by the end of the week its about to move quickly. The window to sign up for spring classes is closing rapidly.
I understand that, and the spring window for classes is a good point I did not consider so possible but we shall see. I think they will do a good job of convincing most to just chill and wait it out.

I think we see a bigger portal influx in Spring as far as Bama players if they do not have a coach as you said within a week. Retiring this close after signing day is what made me think a plan was in place. Perhaps not all year but more than a day or two. Also have to assume whatever coach they get will have some players follow him to Bama and certain players even though the coach may be a big name may just not vibe with him during spring and hit the portal when it opens again in a few months.

Edit: Please dont take this as me saying we shouldnt be trying like ****, we should, I just dont see a mass exodus/panic in response to this news immediately.

For years, I always felt like the job was Dabo’s once Saban retired. Graduated from Bama, won a lot at Clemson, it just made the most sense. Dabo has seemed to have lost some luster these last couple of years though and I don’t think Bama is nearly as high on him as they used to be. Lane makes a ton of sense. They keep saying Lanning, but is he ready to step into this big of a job already?

B9lI5ntIAAE2ucw.jpg
SmartSelect_20240110_170442_Google.jpg
alabama-coach-mario-cristobal-94c7023f640e71db.jpg
USATSI_8114859_168381178_lowres.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ehhh I would argue Sark has a better situation in Texas right now. Lanning’s success isn’t going to fall off at Oregon. Gotta remember the next guy has to fill sabans shoes and is going to be under insane pressure with zero patience.

Kiffin, Dabor, and norvell are probably at their peaks or are about to be with their current programs.
Maybe. I don’t know if Oregon will ever surpass the SEC schools in a 12 playoff. JMO.

Advertisement
Back