Saban gets rid of depth chart

Yoyo82

Recruit
Premium

Very curious to see how this works.

I understand where he's coming from.

But athletes know who's starting and they like to see their names at the top of depth charts

Advertisement
I think it’s a great idea.
There has obviously been a level of comfort down there and expectation from some of the more “talented” players.

Now with nil players may lose a little motivation.

Driving a scat pack doesn’t motivate you like a bus stop in august.

Not knowing if your the starter makes practice a little more intense for everyone.

Advertisement
this is what happens when you start listening to ducks:

Aflac%20What%20It%20Takes%20hed%202021.jpg

Advertisement

Very curious to see how this works.

I understand where he's coming from.

But athletes know who's starting and they like to see their names at the top of depth charts
Media and fans make too much of a big deal of it before games are even played.. with portal, young guys have too much people in their ear when it's released.. it's become counterproductive is probably his thought process.. everyone knows who is on field

dawg.... y'all would absolutely DESTROY Mario if he did and said this......

I'm one who doesn't actually care much about depth charts anyway but this is just some "new" bullcrap Saban is trying to pull. so in 17 years of coaching, he's just now realizing it can be a distraction? sure buddy.

Advertisement
Who cares what Coach SATAN thinks or does!! This is a Canes sight, not a Crimson Tide or a Saban preaching pulpit. Enough with this multimillionaire id...'s B.S.!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Advertisement
I wonder if he referred to MTSU’s win over Miami last year when trying to convince his team they can lose this game?

dawg.... y'all would absolutely DESTROY Mario if he did and said this......

I'm one who doesn't actually care much about depth charts anyway but this is just some "new" bullcrap Saban is trying to pull. so in 17 years of coaching, he's just now realizing it can be a distraction? sure buddy.
He's actually been complaining about depth charts for years saying the fans care too much.

He's actually been complaining about depth charts for years saying the fans care too much.
okay, fair point. But then why wait this late in his career to pull this "new" move of not releasing a depth chart? He's just trying to keep Bama's name in the media since UGA has hogtied all of the attention.

Advertisement
Back