Saban gets rid of depth chart

Advertisement
Sounds like Miami doesn't have a depth chart either. "We are going to rotate kids until we land on one playing well"

They open against Middle Tennessee..., whatever.

Maybe the bama bag is not enough, so I guess he;s trying to prevent portal transfers?
Chances of MTSU scoring on a 90 yard TD throw?

time house GIF

Advertisement
dawg.... y'all would absolutely DESTROY Mario if he did and said this......

I'm one who doesn't actually care much about depth charts anyway but this is just some "new" bullcrap Saban is trying to pull. so in 17 years of coaching, he's just now realizing it can be a distraction? sure buddy.
Can you think of what the difference might be between the two?

Very curious to see how this works.

I understand where he's coming from.

But athletes know who's starting and they like to see their names at the top of depth charts
Adopting a long tradition of Miami head corches, Saban has officially lost the locker room.

dawg.... y'all would absolutely DESTROY Mario if he did and said this......

I'm one who doesn't actually care much about depth charts anyway but this is just some "new" bullcrap Saban is trying to pull. so in 17 years of coaching, he's just now realizing it can be a distraction? sure buddy.
its bc his team isnt as solid. in terms of proven play as it was before. get guys to fight harder for spots. I see a down year for them something like 10-2

Advertisement
Can you think of what the difference might be between the two?
I get it. But this is not one of those things that have a different merit depending on status, skills or who's a better coach or not. It doesn't matter if the best coach of all time or the worst coach ever said, it should come with the same amount of backlash... Well honestly, I'll be ok with a first year head coach doing this but c'mon man. Dude been coaching for what? 60 years lol. This type of stuff shouldn't even be newsworthy.

I get it. But this is not one of those things that have a different merit depending on status, skills or who's a better coach or not. It doesn't matter if the best coach of all time or the worst coach ever said, it should come with the same amount of backlash... Well honestly, I'll be ok with a first year head coach doing this but c'mon man. Dude been coaching for what? 60 years lol. This type of stuff shouldn't even be newsworthy.
It shouldn’t come with the same amount of backlash because Saban gets and should get more leeway than anyone given his accomplishments. 100% earned it.

Advertisement
It shouldn’t come with the same amount of backlash because Saban gets and should get more leeway than anyone given his accomplishments. 100% earned it.
That's exactly my counter point.... There's plenty of things he should get more leeway with. THIS is not one of those things. There's nothing special about it and it's no point to try and make it a big deal NOW like how they're trying to do.

That's exactly my counter point.... There's plenty of things he should get more leeway with. THIS is not one of those things. There's nothing special about it and it's no point to try and make it a big deal NOW like how they're trying to do.
Now that wasn’t the point of yours I responded to IIRC - you said something to the effect that if Mario did this he’d catch flack unlike Saban and that they should catch the same amount of flack.

No they shouldn’t. Saban has earned the right to far more leeway than Mario in every way as a HC with all his championships and the decisions he’s made. NFL coaches go to him for coaching rehab for a reason as do former HC’s in college.

Mario can’t manage the clock and timeouts when we’re down 17 midway through the 4th and his offense is moseying up from the huddle to snap the ball on :01 and Bro Style it up the gut. 😂

Lol at Mario getting the same leeway as Saban on any HC decision at this point.

Advertisement
Now that wasn’t the point of yours I responded to IIRC - you said something to the effect that if Mario did this he’d catch flack unlike Saban and that they should catch the same amount of flack.

No they shouldn’t. Saban has earned the right to far more leeway than Mario in every way as a HC with all his championships and the decisions he’s made. NFL coaches go to him for coaching rehab for a reason as do former HC’s in college.

Mario can’t manage the clock and timeouts when we’re down 17 midway through the 4th and his offense is moseying up from the huddle to snap the ball on :01 and Bro Style it up the gut. 😂

Lol at Mario getting the same leeway as Saban on any HC decision at this point.
I see. Yeah your not wrong. Well I'll try to make my point more clear now. When it comes to anything depth chart related, ALL coaches should be on the same boat. There's nothing special about what lil Nicky is doing or saying. It's just a freaking depth chart man lol. Whatever tho.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back