S & S Preseason All Americans

Advertisement
Advertisement
We’re doing, with that group, what I wish we did with the OL.
OL is getting there. We took 1 OL in 16 ( Tre Johnson) and 4 in 17, where only 1 is playable (Gaynor). That is a killer for upper class OL. Herbert and Hillary were recruited as tackles and have been terrible.

How Richt/Searles recruited so poorly is amazing.

Advertisement
need the DTs to step up. If they can’t shine with these defensive ends, they never will.
If the other teams game plan is to concentrate on the edges? I better be reading some Wilfork or Sapp comparisons on here...

Advertisement
If the other teams game plan is to concentrate on the edges? I better be reading some Wilfork or Sapp comparisons on here...
That's a point I've brought up in various conversations with people is that opposing O's will have to provide extra protection to keep Roche, Greg and Jalen at bay . I mean we have others at the ends as well but that's the big 3... Now by doing so that should leave the middle wide open for Nesta , Miller and others to make some serious noise... If we get that front line working early it's gonna make things a lot easier for the LB's and everyone behind them...

That's a point I've brought up in various conversations with people is that opposing O's will have to provide extra protection to keep Roche, Greg and Jalen at bay . I mean we have others at the ends as well but that's the big 3... Now by doing so that should leave the middle wide open for Nesta , Miller and others to make some serious noise... If we get that front line working early it's gonna make things a lot easier for the LB's and everyone behind them...
No argument from me. Huff comes into his own and safeties are solid. If DC wants to keep blitzing? They need to try and disguise them from time to time...

No argument from me. Huff comes into his own and safeties are solid. If DC wants to keep blitzing? They need to try and disguise them from time to time...
Well... Hopefully with faster players at LB and in the secondary it will make blitzing more effective... Obviously the scheme has to be sound but the speed in which it's coming at the QB makes all the difference... Leave him no time to think and mistakes are made... Want an example... Look what happened to Jarren last year... Hate using that but it happened.. lol

Sad part is even with time to think Jarren still looked horrible...

Advertisement
Well... Hopefully with faster players at LB and in the secondary it will make blitzing more effective... Obviously the scheme has to be sound but the speed in which it's coming at the QB makes all the difference... Leave him no time to think and mistakes are made... Want an example... Look what happened to Jarren last year... Hate using that but it happened.. lol

Sad part is even with time to think Jarren still looked horrible...
Totally correct IMO. Jarren really laid an egg. No desire to do good for himself. Easier to make excuses and have things handed to you.

Totally correct IMO. Jarren really laid an egg. No desire to do good for himself. Easier to make excuses and have things handed to you.
Not that I wanna rag anyone for what they do in their own time but I think Jarren shoulda laid off the icky sticky a bit and gave his head a breather to absorb some coaching... Yea I know Enos sucked but he has made guys better in the past regardless of his OC capabilities...

Can you imagine how well they can drop back into coverage on 4th and long? Baker and Diaz are frothing at the mouth.
That was all Bakers fault.. Players were put in the wrong spot and got burned... Don't care if you're All - World , if the coach puts you in the wrong spot it's gonna hurt..

Advertisement
Back