S Keyshawn Lawrence enters the Portal

Kid played 1 season at UT and is a bust already.....

wow lol

you’re right in that we should not overreact. But if a kid is not playing a whole lot AND he transfers after 1 year, it doesn’t bode well for him.

Advertisement
When was the last time OU had a good DB go to the NFL? And Roy Manning (OU DB coach) has a limited track record and was an OLB coach at his last stop.

At least this regime has put out guys like Rayshawn, Jaquan, Corn, and Sheldrick in the last few years. Not to mention all the guys T-Rob has developed.

If Ivey and Rumph are really the biggest thing that kept him away, Rumph is gone and taking Ivey's job would be the ultimate payback. Hopefully DVD is doing work behind the scenes and we can land this kid. Always take a chance on athletes like him

you’re right in that we should not overreact. But if a kid is not playing a whole lot AND he transfers after 1 year, it doesn’t bode well for him.
Its not like he is transferring because he can't get playing time.

The coach that recruited him just got fired, and the team is facing potential sanctions. Completely different reasons.

Advertisement
I would rather have taken the Dixon kid from Tampa who trolled us at picked South Carolina. He looked better to me, got some real burn there, and him pushing the UM hat aside to pick USCe was not nearly to the level of disrespect in that video. And he wanted to play for TRob.

I would rather have taken the Dixon kid from Tampa who trolled us at picked South Carolina. He looked better to me, got some real burn there, and him pushing the UM hat aside to pick USCe was not nearly to the level of disrespect in that video. And he wanted to play for TRob.
I do think that was a miss again, but I would take Stevenson I we him if that's all that is allowed and the kid didn't want to wait.

The thing that gets lost in this thread are the actions of Ivey. Can you imagine a player doing that on our great teams?

These are the players that Diaz still needs to weed out and a small reason I still have hope for him. He’s coaching some prima donna players that in some cases he can’t replace because of failures in recruiting.

Advertisement
We are going out tryi
If you don’t stand behind that logo you have no spine. There’s a growing trend of kids who spurned Miami entering the portal. If we accept a good majority of them, future recruits will think it’s okay to literally spit on our logo and commit to (insert P5 school) if they know they’ll have Miami as a fall back plan 2 years from now. Send a message.

I get what you saying, but most of these kids spurn Miami for the McDonalds bag. And no plan is foolproof. We only take the ones that we need in the transfer portal. If its not a position of need u tell them to kick rocks.

Is this Corn Elder’s cousin who pulled some ******* move with a UM t-shirt or something and picked Tennessee?

It’s a life lesson about burning bridges for no reason. Karma’s biting a lot of these dudes in the ***.
To be fair i do remember him having a family member who was sick. I thought he was staying home (Tennessee) to be closer to them and UT was going to help out with hospital stuff or something of that nature.

Advertisement
Okay... So let's keep our spine and not accept kids that can help us beat teams who ACTUALLY disrespect us on the field where you know... It actually counts. Like UNC throwing down the U sign after every TD. But hey.... I guess that's okay with y'all as long as we hold our nuts towards Highschool kids just doing stuff for entertainment. Cool.
You guys are missing the entire point of sending a message. The entire purpose of recruiting in regards to building a championship program is to get D1 caliber kids who WANT to be here and to also establish recruiting pipelines... Why should Miami give one of the last IC or 2022 scholarship to this kid? He has the tools but haven’t done jack at Tennessee. Not to mention we already have an issue with kids opting out early. We shouldn’t even be dependent on the portal as heavily as we are and we definitely shouldn’t be dependent on going after this kid who takes off our shirt and throws it on the ground. Corny move. The kid is not even apparently looking at us since he’s in the portal and we’re his cousins alma mater. So tell me why it wouldn’t be hypocritical to go after this kid and not Jaiden Francois?

The thing that gets lost in this thread are the actions of Ivey. Can you imagine a player doing that on our great teams?

These are the players that Diaz still needs to weed out and a small reason I still have hope for him. He’s coaching some prima donna players that in some cases he can’t replace because of failures in recruiting.
This is what ****es me off...,

the kid is awful on the field and to know he absolutely **** the bed hosting a kid??

I mean I blame the coaching staff too for putting Ivey in that role. You have to know who are the kids that are great hosts and the ones that need to be kept at home

This kid should have been recruited over and transferred out

You guys are missing the entire point of sending a message. The entire purpose of recruiting in regards to building a championship program is to get D1 caliber kids who WANT to be here and to also establish recruiting pipelines... Why should Miami give one of the last IC or 2022 scholarship to this kid? He has the tools but haven’t done jack at Tennessee. Not to mention we already have an issue with kids opting out early. We shouldn’t even be dependent on the portal as heavily as we are and we definitely shouldn’t be dependent on going after this kid who takes off our shirt and throws it on the ground. Corny move. The kid is not even apparently looking at us since he’s in the portal and we’re his cousins alma mater. So tell me why it wouldn’t be hypocritical to go after this kid and not Jaiden Francois?
Oh, I'll be perfectly fine with going after Francois.... I'm not the type of fan that holds a grudge towards a player because of the antics they pull during recruitment. Does it make me mad? Yes. Will it hold me back from wanting them on my team if I know for a fact they are more talented then what we put out on that field? NO!. I'm just the type of person that wants whatever can help the team out. And we're in need of talented players.

Advertisement

the kid is awful on the field and to know he absolutely **** the bed hosting a kid??

I mean I blame the coaching staff too for putting Ivey in that role. You have to know who are the kids that are great hosts and the ones that need to be kept at home

He clearly botched it on purpose cause he didn’t want the kid here for whatever reason. It’s not hard to figure out. For some reason I’ve heard bad visit stories a few times in recent years

If the rumors are true and the kid left a recruit to smoke weed at an official team event, he should have been booted off the team that night.

Advertisement
Back