S & C results

From a physical sense true but he totally flashed in the spring game at 200 pounds max, which is crazy. If he keeps going on that rate of progression he might carve himself out a situational role by the end of this season.
He did look disruptive in the Spring Game but I don't think it was against 1s. (But I could be mistaken.)

But I think DL has gone from a potential weakness to a spot where we now have some depth, which means a guy like Moss IMO is better served utilizing a RS year to bulk up.

We know that Chantz, Jafhari, and Agude will be in the mix. I presume Elijah is also squarely in the mix at DE, as is Ishmael and Kelly (who is likely physically more ready at this point). And I'm not sure whether Moultrie and Messidor will be strictly DTs or whether those are guys that can line up outside too. I think Mario likes big, strong, physical lines. The idea of him trotting out an undersized guy when there are competent options seems unlikely. Personally, I'm not crazy about burning a year if his snaps and impact will be very limited.

That said, if we do see him play snaps, he must be quite talented (or the injury bug bit us).

Advertisement
He did look disruptive in the Spring Game but I don't think it was against 1s. (But I could be mistaken.)

But I think DL has gone from a potential weakness to a spot where we now have some depth, which means a guy like Moss IMO is better served utilizing a RS year to bulk up.

We know that Chantz, Jafhari, and Agude will be in the mix. I presume Elijah is also squarely in the mix at DE, as is Ishmael and Kelly (who is likely physically more ready at this point). And I'm not sure whether Moultrie and Messidor will be strictly DTs or whether those are guys that can line up outside too. I think Mario likes big, strong, physical lines. The idea of him trotting out an undersized guy when there are competent options seems unlikely. Personally, I'm not crazy about burning a year if his snaps and impact will be very limited.

That said, if we do see him play snaps, he must be quite talented (or the injury bug bit us).
I think in mesidor interview he prefers to play 3 tech and end so I think he will get reps at both.. Idk if the staff just didnt like any of our guys but you have Jake, JHH, Leonard Taylor, and Messidor getting reps there. Thats alot of guys at one position. At nose you would have Miller and Darrel Jackson.

Also keep in mind these kids can play and still redshirt. Might be a number of games but they can get reps and keep a redshirt

Advertisement
Back