Ryan Williams

wooshdogg

Varsity Bench Athlete
Banned
He's looking good in this all-star game... I hope he gets on a team in the NFL

Advertisement
in the most recent thread i said if R williams was in there and not kayaa we would have won at least 8-9 games and i got negged so bad. people will never know how good he would have did this year. that injury in spring absolutely sucked. and kayaa could have come out next year still a freshman and probably could of had a Jamies winston type season who knows

in the most recent thread i said if R williams was in there and not kayaa we would have won at least 8-9 games and i got negged so bad. people will never know how good he would have did this year. that injury in spring absolutely sucked. and kayaa could have come out next year still a freshman and probably could of had a Jamies winston type season who knows

Well that was clearly the plan. injuries happen. A true freshmen is worth at least 3 losses. Bad coaching is worth that plus 1.

Advertisement

Well that was clearly the plan. injuries happen. A true freshmen is worth at least 3 losses. Bad coaching is worth that plus 1.

Bad coaching played a hand in all of our loses. Kaaya wasnt perfect but the mentality of the coaches is dont lose instead of win the game.

I dvrd it and I'm watching it now...man he is a good player. They keep talking about sitting behind Kaaya this year, my beef is him sitting behind Morris last year! He was, and is a much better qb than Morris

I was also a part of the minority who wanted Williams to start over Kaaya. It would be one thing if Kaaya had more mental toughness but he proved throughout the year that late in games, he was not ready to lead this team. But that's Golden's fault for starting a guy that wasn't ready.

Advertisement
In all fairness to Kaaya, it was between Kaaya and Heaps. Williams was out half the year. By the time Williams was healthy Kaaya was playing quite well. Yes, I think we win another game or two with Williams due to his age and time with the team, but who knows how much this years experience will help Kaaya down the road. Now, had Williams never been hurt, I bet he's the starter and Kaaya redshirts. Injuries happen.

Kaaya didn't lose us any games so I don't think Williams would have made any difference.

Kaaya didn't lose us any games so I don't think Williams would have made any difference.

Kaaya didn't win us any games either. Williams could've won us some games despite the defense. Nebraska, Ga Tech, FSU come to mind. Probably wouldn't have let the team quit the last 3 games either.

In all fairness to Kaaya, it was between Kaaya and Heaps. Williams was out half the year. By the time Williams was healthy Kaaya was playing quite well. Yes, I think we win another game or two with Williams due to his age and time with the team, but who knows how much this years experience will help Kaaya down the road. Now, had Williams never been hurt, I bet he's the starter and Kaaya redshirts. Injuries happen.

Williams was ready by the Nebraska game.

Advertisement
Kaaya was the right choice at QB. He had 3000 yards and 25 TD's as a true freshman. I'll take his first year development over playing a 5th year senior any day.

The washout from Memphis who couldn't beat out Stephen Morris on one leg was going to be the savior of our season coming off ACL surgery in April.

Cmon man.

I think it would've been an even trade between Kaaya and Williams. What you lose in the arm talent between the two Williams makes up in experience on the team. We were basically picking between two first time starters. Just Williams sat for three seasons.

Advertisement
Kaaya was the right choice at QB. He was 6-7 as a true freshman. I'll take his first year development over playing a 5th year senior any day.

FIFY. Starting Kaaya over Williams was a big reason we were 6-7. Jameis Winston went undefeated as a redshirt freshman. Losing as a true frosh may not be all it's cracked up to be. All that really happened is that he got used to losing, instead of watching someone else win games. Still not sold on the idea that it was a good idea to start Kaaya all year.

Kaaya was the right choice at QB. He had 3000 yards and 25 TD's as a true freshman. I'll take his first year development over playing a 5th year senior any day.

He was a true freshman. He would start next year as a redshirt freshman and be better off for it.

Yep you guys are right.

Redshirting Mr. Felicia would have been a horrible decision.

I mean we might have only won 6 games if that happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back