Ryan Rodriguez' recruitment

Is he 100% going to be a center? Also why not a prospect at guard?

He can play guard for sure , imo he’s good enough at both he could start at guard if there’s a quality center and vice / versa. Kinda like Clarke , just better. He’ll probably be in 2 deep at both spots , just kick out or slide inside based on who’s hurt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is he 100% going to be a center? Also why not a prospect at guard?

That's what he's being groomed at. Plays LT for Columbus. Can play G. IMO, if you project him at guard, he's a four star player. At center, because you don't have any real tape of him playing C while the bullets are flying he's a bit more of a project...but his pops played center and Ryan has been snapping at home and during practice for years.

Brandon Linder, but a little shorter.

That's what he's being groomed at. Plays LT for Columbus. Can play G. IMO, if you project him at guard, he's a four star player. At center, because you don't have any real tape of him playing C while the bullets are flying he's a bit more of a project...but his pops played center and Ryan has been snapping at home and during practice for years.

Brandon Linder, but a little shorter.

if that’s his upside, then he and Seymour in the interior, will be **** for all dts in the next four years.

Big Baby is another guy who could play OC or OG (assuming this recent top 10 nonsense is just noise). Having Clark, Rodriguez, and Seymour on the inside would provide a lot of flexibility the next few years.

Advertisement
Nothing is 100%. Clarke was brought in to play C and he’s a G now. It’ll be fun to what Justice ends up dining. I never thought Zion would be getting snaps on the right side.

Kids can be groomed to play OC. OC are not typically the most athletic of the OL. However, an OC has to make calls so there is an additional intellectual aspect to playing OC. Also, the ability to snap the ball is of course vital. I am more of a fan of recruiting kids that played OC in HS and moving them around if need be than the other way around. The kid who got drafted from Michigan Cesar Ruiz, is a perfect example as he played OC in HS and College. It was obviously a smooth transition since he got drafted early. Now, we did try to recruit him so we were on it. We did get try Linder. He had the skill and intelligence but was simply too small. We have Gaynor who has done okay. I am more of a fan of grooming Clark who played OC in HS and continue to add quality kids who have played OC

Any updates? I also see that his lead recruiter at UL was Frank Ponce. Would have been great if Diaz could have added Ponce to the staff in some capacity. Ponce is now QB coach at UL, but he did a fine job as OC at App State.

Advertisement
Any updates? I also see that his lead recruiter at UL was Frank Ponce. Would have been great if Diaz could have added Ponce to the staff in some capacity. Ponce is now QB coach at UL, but he did a fine job as OC at App State.
Some jagbone on twitter said looks like we might be getting some good news later. So I assume it’s about this fella. I’ll take a shot if we get this gentlemen caller.

He didn’t call plays at app state

Advertisement
Kids can be groomed to play OC. OC are not typically the most athletic of the OL. However, an OC has to make calls so there is an additional intellectual aspect to playing OC. Also, the ability to snap the ball is of course vital. I am more of a fan of recruiting kids that played OC in HS and moving them around if need be than the other way around. The kid who got drafted from Michigan Cesar Ruiz, is a perfect example as he played OC in HS and College. It was obviously a smooth transition since he got drafted early. Now, we did try to recruit him so we were on it. We did get try Linder. He had the skill and intelligence but was simply too small. We have Gaynor who has done okay. I am more of a fan of grooming Clark who played OC in HS and continue to add quality kids who have played OC
We also played Linder’s brother at tackle then he ended up being the highest paid center in football. You never know.
I would say center is this kids money position because of his height.

Advertisement
Back