2025 Ryan Ghea 4* TE from Alpharetta, GA

He was born in Dade County, has visited Miami twice this calendar year, and played the second game of his junior season in Davie against Western. The plan is to come down again when the Hurricanes host Virginia in late October.

The 6-foot-5, 231-pounder shared the latest with Miami and his recruitment following his team's 14-10 loss in Broward County on Thursday night.

“We talk every day, whether that’s text or on the phone,” Ghea told InsideTheU. “I talk to Coach Cristobal a good amount as well. We got a group text, so we’re in a group chat with my family. Our relationship is very good and I just can’t wait to get back down there for the Virginia game.”

One person Miami has in Ghea’s ear constantly is his quarterback Luke Nickel. Both were in Coral Gables for the end of the summer cookout and pool party and the junior signal-caller walked away feeling like Miami was the place for him. Now he’s trying to get his teammate and classmate down there with him.

“He gets to me every day telling me what we can do in Miami, but I still have a long road ahead for me to make my decision. I’m just going to take games in the fall and see what I need to see and then make a decision come spring, summer,” Ghea said.

“I want to say it was Sunday last week, [Woodiel] sent me a few clips of the things I need to work on, walked me through the steps and what I can do to improve on that and I feel like I did that today and worked on what he taught me to do,” Ghea sai

“I feel like they’re definitely in a good spot with me. Definitely my relationship with Coach Woodiel and Coach Cristobal means a lot to me. And how [Woodiel] is developing the tight ends and I see it every day with the practice clips he sends me,” Ghea said.

Advertisement
Saw a couple nice catch and runs on that tape in the other thread. Looks like big, fast kid…Maybe Macho elaborate on his blocking bc it doesn't seemed like Milton had much of a running game.

Advertisement
@Coach Macho thoughts on this guy after your game against him?
Huge kid but wasn't that physical against us IMO.
I was actually surprised to find out that he was a 4-star TE.

We didn't really consider Ghea a threat, so our game plan was to double Milton's two P5 level outside WR's and prevent Nickel's deep ball...while letting our LB's cover the TE...so we gave up a few easy catches to Ghea in the flats. He didn't do anything with them though. He wasn't hard to tackle. Kinda stiff IMO.

In hindsight Milton was loaded. Geesh.

Huge kid but wasn't that physical against us IMO.
I was actually surprised to find out that he was a 4-star TE.

We didn't really consider Ghea a threat, so our game plan was to double Milton's two P5 level outside WR's and prevent Nickel's deep ball...while letting our LB's cover the TE...so we gave up a few easy catches to Ghea in the flats. He didn't do anything with them though. He wasn't hard to tackle. Kinda stiff IMO.

In hindsight Milton was loaded. Geesh.

The other TE for next year Barbour is even more highly rated (at this time) than Ghea.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back