Ryan Day will be next UM coach (article)

Ohio st will beat Michigan next year. All will be good in Columbus again. Mario is not going anywhere. Days biggest problem the talent on the OSU defense has fallen off. Especially in the secondary. From a Cane fan who lives in Ohio.

Advertisement
I want Mario to succeed for real. He's building a good roster probably capable of winning the ACC. If our trajectory isn't up by at least 2-3 more wins this year, we've got some problems. The whole Ryan Day to Miami thing is complete BS at this point. Go Canes 🏈

I want Mario to succeed for real. He's building a good roster probably capable of winning the ACC. If our trajectory isn't up by at least 2-3 more wins this year, we've got some problems. The whole Ryan Day to Miami thing is complete BS at this point. Go Canes 🏈
2? with this roster, he needs to win over 10 minimum. anything less is a disaster (Tbh, anything less than 11 in this ACC with everyone down is a disaster).

regarding day - lol we cant afford to get out of marios deal even if we completely flopped this year. the whole thing is nonsense.

Advertisement
Hey, is anyone interested in hiring a coach who is 4 games over .500 in a five year span, and 2 games over .500 in-conference during that time?

Two bowl games in five years? One bowl win?

Anyone? Anyone?

Here you go, overall record, conference record, conference finish (it's just an 8-team conference, so he's mid-pack)...

1716223914534.png

Good lord, what could happen to Miami if we hired this guy? Absolute disaster. Close the program...

Advertisement
Ryan Day is 56-8 at OSU. I will kill any poster on this board for that run here. I don't follow OSU but the amount of fodder about getting him out of there is crazy to me.
Further point, the question (unanswerable) is what would Ryan Day have done to address the numerous personnel problems that Miami had going into 2022, given the time that Mario had between Manny’s departure and NSD, as well as Miami’s NIL budget. Would he have kept Van Dyke (no reason to think he wouldn’t, given Van Dyke’s 2021 performance). How would he have fortified the lines and running back positions?

Advertisement
For Ryan Day to be coming to Miami in 2025 meant that something…or actually very many things…went catastrophically wrong this season. Probably improbably wrong, as in multiple meteor strikes.

This is an uninformed take that does not account for any of the moves made this offseason (39 new players).

Only way Mario isn’t coach in 2025 is if his name comes out on the Epstein flight logs as well as collaborating pics of him with Prince Andrew and some under age masseuse.

Then while waiting for the smoke to clear he sexually harasses the sexual harassment speaker brought in to speak to team. Then maybe just maybe he won’t be the coach….

Larry Coker was 51-9 after five years at Miami after taking over for Butch.
Sure. But at that time, many of us were questioning Coker because although we were winning, it didn't look the way it should. I don't watch a lot of OSU, but every time I see them, I am impressed with the efficiency and crispness on offense. They always seem well coached on that side of the ball. In fact, I've routinely cited on this board how much I like that they can manipulate tempo. They can go really, really fast but also slow down where appropriate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back