Rutgers Game 3 2:20pm ACCNX

Advertisement
Bodanza mixes a pair of strikeouts between homers to get out of the 8th

Advertisement
Got one back on a bases loaded walk by Lauck. 13-6 headed to the 9th

Canes win 13-6. The three freshman pitchers looked good in their relief stints today, and Palmquist should be a solid addition once his suspension ends.

Good sweep. Took care of business. Starting pitching has a chance to be dominant. Can’t help but think how deadly the offense would be with Zamora’s right handed bat in there. Sucks. I know there’s a mid week game to win but I can’t help looking ahead to next weekend

Advertisement
Good sweep. Took care of business. Starting pitching has a chance to be dominant. Can’t help but think how deadly the offense would be with Zamora’s right handed bat in there. Sucks. I know there’s a mid week game to win but I can’t help looking ahead to next weekend

Agree; 3 of the 7 ranked ACC teams lost a home game this weekend (Duke should have lost 2), and Louisville lost 2 on the road to Ole Miss. I'll take it.

-Just cramps for Del Castillo
-No starter for Wednesday yet. McFarlane and Garland were mentioned as possibilities

Really impressed with both McFarlane and Garland.

McFarlane has an electric arm. Given how projectable he is he'll probably be sitting in the upper 90s by the time he's draft eligible. Garland had good command of his fastball and threw both his curveball and changeup for strikes. Not many freshman have the confidence to be 3 pitch pitchers in their 1st appearance.

If they can look like that all year, we should have both a solid midweek option and a good bullpen, especially once Palmquist gets back.

Advertisement
Van Belle and Slade were equally dominant. And yet McMahon was nominated for the GS Award. It's as good a starting rotation as we've had in a while.

Advertisement
Back