hasena75

Junior
Russell Ude announced his top 3 even though he's far from a Decision

Miami-Coaching Staff at Miami is standing out, Chance for Early PT
Oregon-Good Coaching Staff,
California-Great Academics, Chance for early PT

Advertisement
Advertisement
On 247 he has a Princeton offer listed. I'm impressed.

What exactly is an "offer" from an Ivy League school? They don't technically give athletic scholarships so I'm curious as to the wording of their recruitment correspondence. Btw, don't be too impressed by the "offer" as although it does mean this kid is of above average intelligence I also remember kids from my high school getting Harvard football "offers" that couldn't get into Texas or UVa as straight up non-athlete out-of-state applicants. The Ivy League is verrrrry flexible when it comes to admitting some athletes.

What exactly is an "offer" from an Ivy League school? They don't technically give athletic scholarships so I'm curious as to the wording of their recruitment correspondence. Btw, don't be too impressed by the "offer" as although it does mean this kid is of above average intelligence I also remember kids from my high school getting Harvard football "offers" that couldn't get into Texas or UVa as straight up non-athlete out-of-state applicants. The Ivy League is verrrrry flexible when it comes to admitting some athletes.
Not refuting ur point cuz I honestly have no idea but UVA is pretty hard to get into especially if ur out of state.

In the Rivals interview with Russell Ude, he mention that Miami offered his teammate, 5'10 214 FB Quenton Bennett, a preferred walkon spot. Could this be Miami's version of the package deal?

Offer the stud a committable scholarship and give his friend a chance to walk on and earn a ship.

52.gif

Last edited:

An offer from the Ivy League usually means guaranteed acceptance into the school.

Highly doubt a kid couldn't get into Texas. Possibly with UVA. Ivy League can be flexible for kids they really want, but the grades/scores have to be good.

Advertisement

I will pass we have big time DE in the state and we're Solid at DE we need to focus on DTs, WR, CBs and RBs yeah we got two RBs right now but that want last for long imo

I will pass we have big time DE in the state and we're Solid at DE we need to focus on DTs, WR, CBs and RBs yeah we got two RBs right now but that want last for long imo

Making a strong case for worst poster on this board. Let's pass on a top 100 player, cuz our D-line play has been so good over the past years.

An offer from the Ivy League usually means guaranteed acceptance into the school.

Highly doubt a kid couldn't get into Texas. Possibly with UVA. Ivy League can be flexible for kids they really want, but the grades/scores have to be good.

Gotcha. In relation to my Texas and UVa comment that was just based on personal experience with two friends in high school at the time. Both were "recruited" by Harvard and neither had SAT scores (old system) above 1300. Only one ended up playing college ball (at Pitt as a walk-on then eventually scholarship player) and the other went to Emory. The one that played at Pitt didn't get into Texas and the Emory kid was rejected by UVa. Just saying that the Ivy League bends (relatively speaking) in relation to admissions as much as we do. Sure, both kids I knew had high high school GPA's but you weren't sniffing Harvard with anything below a 1500 SAT back then.

My concern with Ude is he's from SEC land and none of the SEC schools are after him,that's a big red flag when DL is the top priority for schools in that conference.

Advertisement
My concern with Ude is he's from SEC land and none of the SEC schools are after him,that's a big red flag when DL is the top priority for schools in that conference.

He has an offer from Georgia but idk why the other schools are not after him. kid can play. maybe they just have higher DT's on their board.

His highlight tape isn't very impressive. I'd take 10 other DE's before I take this kid.

Depends on what you are looking for. i think his highlight tape is very impressive. has versatility to play on the inside or outside. very quick first step. sheds blocks very well. great pursuit. he is a kid that will do really good.

Advertisement

Making a strong case for worst poster on this board. Let's pass on a top 100 player, cuz our D-line play has been so good over the past years.

Blow me

Advertisement
Back