Running backs

I wonder if the game wasnt so **** close, if Lashlee would've given Thad/Cody more carries. Perhaps he sees these 2 in practice and has been given reason to worry about ball security/pass protection, which could have really flipped the outcome of the GT game. Or perhaps Lashlee is just an idiot. I dont know.

Regarding Cody, to me he looks like he is in slow motion when he gets the rock. I havent seen his high school highlight film, but something must have been there cause he was pretty highly rated in Georgia going against good competition if I remember correctly. He looks the part physically.

Either way, its a huge window of opportunity for these 2. One of them needs to step up, cause Rooster isnt exactly The Bus.
Rooster has fumbled quite a bit this season. I doubt Brown or Thad can be any worse.

Brown and Thad need to get more touches. I love that Rooster is getting a lot of touches because he is likely one of if not the most explosive playmakers we have but 30+ carries is too much for a guy his size.

I'd like to see more Thad personally. I think Cody is a bit slow footed. Thad seems a little more agile and explosive and seems to fall forward. I'd like to see him in short yardage situations. He seems like a guy that can move a pile.

Advertisement
Me too, but I assume the coaches see them in practice.
1636475443429.gif

Nah, it's all magic. Sit on your @ss all week, then magically ball on Saturday.
Even though I know you’re being sarcastic & as funny as it sounds, but that’s exactly how Percy Harvin was lol

That mf’er hated practice, I heard some legendary stories about how he would flat out refuse to run drills in practice & Urby Meyer would just turn his head the other way & wouldn’t say anything to him...

Especially after he body slammed & choked Billy Gonzales, Percy didn’t have to practice no more for the rest of the year, he just did whatever he wanted & showed up whenever he felt like it lol.

This has nothing to do with this thread or even what you’re saying, it just reminded me of that when I read your comment lol.

Advertisement
Me too, but I assume the coaches see them in practice.

This is a fair take. But, with this staff, we've seen countless times how they prefer seniority over junior players that are more talented. This is a counter-argument that will always be presented for the duration of Manny's tenure.

Knighton and Chaney.. That's it for the next 2 years.. Cody is Cam but slower speed with equally slow reads. I'd like to see Franklin run more to see what he brings to the table
Franklin is good and will flash when he gets his chance.

True, but these are the same coaches who see/saw the players in the games and allow(ed) the underachieving ones to continue playing
This is a fair take. But, with this staff, we've seen countless times how they prefer seniority over junior players that are more talented. This is a counter-argument that will always be presented for the duration of Manny's tenure.
That's exactly the problem. We can't trust the coaches to do the right thing.

Advertisement

Exactly how are they supposed to step up when they are barely given an opportunity?

Shiat aint given its earned. If you aint showing you deserve it outside of the games you dont get to show it in the games.

We have heard Thad has had "earning it" issues since day 1.

You guys talk about culture but then you want to just hand shiat out to players who rep the worst kind of culture a team could have.

Shiat aint given its earned. If you aint showing you deserve it outside of the games you dont get to show it in the games.

We have heard Thad has had "earning it" issues since day 1.

You guys talk about culture but then you want to just hand shiat out to players who rep the worst kind of culture a team could have.
There Is no culture, that’s the problem.

I wonder if the game wasnt so **** close, if Lashlee would've given Thad/Cody more carries. Perhaps he sees these 2 in practice and has been given reason to worry about ball security/pass protection, which could have really flipped the outcome of the GT game. Or perhaps Lashlee is just an idiot. I dont know.

Regarding Cody, to me he looks like he is in slow motion when he gets the rock. I havent seen his high school highlight film, but something must have been there cause he was pretty highly rated in Georgia going against good competition if I remember correctly. He looks the part physically.

Either way, its a huge window of opportunity for these 2. One of them needs to step up, cause Rooster isnt exactly The Bus.
His high school film shows solid vision, balance (including after contact), and an ability to hit the hole.

And it's a high level competition area in Georgia.

Thus far here, he either hasn't been hitting the hole or there hasn't been one.

Advertisement
1. Practice
2. Film room
3. Weight room
4. Locker room
5. Leadership
6. Classroom

There are 168 hours in every week.

Football games are 60 minutes long.

If you don't do what you're supposed to do during the other 167, it's hard to cry about not getting a chance to do what you want to do in the 1.
Nice synopsis

Advertisement
I dont think the RPO fits either of our young Rb. They just dont have that kind of burst. I think they are more down hill runners and need to be used that way. We need to be more creative with the play calling, it would give the defense a lot more to think about. If you watch the Dallas Cowboys you would know what im talking about. Kellen Moore is a straight up genius as an offense coordinator. The defense is always off guard because you never know what formation there going to run.

We should quietly send out smoke signals to JAHMYR GIBBS. That boys a bad dude. We need more Rb for next year in a big way. I have a bad feeling Cheney going to end up having that Burns syndrome.

Brown had 3 carries for 2 yards, 0.7 per carry, Thad had 1 for 3 yards.. I think they can step that up a bit too.
Not a fair sample size. TVD was **** early on. Got to get them reps.. even if it hurts at first.

Advertisement
Back