Running backs

Advertisement
Someone on here said Thad wasnt a good practice player and more of a gamer.

That said, they cant complain about opportunities down the road if they fumble the one they have in front of them. There is absolutely a chance for one of them to get significant carries and plant there flag going into Spring ball when Chaney gets back that they deserve to be in the rotation. Knighton clearly cannot keep up this usage for the next 3-5 games. 30 carries a game is some Derrick Henry level stuff.

Advertisement

Exactly how are they supposed to step up when they are barely given an opportunity?

1. Practice
2. Film room
3. Weight room
4. Locker room
5. Leadership
6. Classroom

There are 168 hours in every week.

Football games are 60 minutes long.

If you don't do what you're supposed to do during the other 167, it's hard to cry about not getting a chance to do what you want to do in the 1.

Advertisement
they are involved in football activities outside of Saturdays........ i swear some of you have never been around a football team
Read the article. It made no mention of these activities. The only thing Lashlee referenced was Browns ability to see the holes. I swear some.of you have never been around an article.

I wonder if the game wasnt so **** close, if Lashlee would've given Thad/Cody more carries. Perhaps he sees these 2 in practice and has been given reason to worry about ball security/pass protection, which could have really flipped the outcome of the GT game. Or perhaps Lashlee is just an idiot. I dont know.

Regarding Cody, to me he looks like he is in slow motion when he gets the rock. I havent seen his high school highlight film, but something must have been there cause he was pretty highly rated in Georgia going against good competition if I remember correctly. He looks the part physically.

Either way, its a huge window of opportunity for these 2. One of them needs to step up, cause Rooster isnt exactly The Bus.

Knighton and Chaney.. That's it for the next 2 years.. Cody is Cam but slower speed with equally slow reads. I'd like to see Franklin run more to see what he brings to the table

Advertisement

Exactly how are they supposed to step up when they are barely given an opportunity?
Can they be trusted in pass pro? Run the right option route?
I still think there's no excuse for one of them but getting the 3rd/4th and 1 carries but there's a lot to trust a RB with. One bad read or moment of confusion and welcome your new QB, Peyton Motocha.

Advertisement
To answer OP's question, both guys can know the playbook better. They can know blocking assignments better. They can actually run to gaps when given the ball. All are issues with young players new to a system. I think both will be quality backs given time to develope.

1. Practice
2. Film room
3. Weight room
4. Locker room
5. Leadership
6. Classroom

There are 168 hours in every week.

Football games are 60 minutes long.

If you don't do what you're supposed to do during the other 167, it's hard to cry about not getting a chance to do what you want to do in the 1.
Nah, it's all magic. Sit on your @ss all week, then magically ball on Saturday.

The dumbest part of this from a snaps perspective:

Lashlee doesn’t think either of these two dudes can carry a large load, however, if he keeps running Knighton into the line 30 times a game, he’ll be left with no one except these two to carry the ENTIRE load.
Nailed it. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

There have been moments in the last 3 games where Knighton looked absolutely gassed. Terrifying to watch as that's when injuries happen. You run him because he's just so much better. But all it takes is one bad cut and then you're stuck with the backups anyways.

Read the article. It made no mention of these activities. The only thing Lashlee referenced was Browns ability to see the holes. I swear some.of you have never been around an article.
So the way you learn to see holes is to play games? Like, not practice first or anything?

Advertisement
Back