Running Back U

Bruh; I would contend that had McGahee not gotten hurt, not only do we win the Nat’l Championship, it was a guarantee he was going top 5, and I would assume he would’ve put up 10k+ in his career. Even though he had a productive career, he still wasn’t that explosive back like he was...YET he still won the Come Back Player of The Year, and made multiple pro bowls. Willis was a special back. He & Gore r the what ifs w/o those knee injuries.
Agree 100%. If we had McGahee in OT we definitely score at the end. Not to mention that he had just started to wear down the OSU defense when he was hurt.
McGahee had a chance to be the best ever from the U in the league, which is a high bar and requires longevity because of Anderson, Edge and Gore. And you are absolutely correct that he was still productive in the league but he was never as explosive as he was in college.

Advertisement
Bruh; I would contend that had McGahee not gotten hurt, not only do we win the Nat’l Championship, it was a guarantee he was going top 5, and I would assume he would’ve put up 10k+ in his career. Even though he had a productive career, he still wasn’t that explosive back like he was...YET he still won the Come Back Player of The Year, and made multiple pro bowls. Willis was a special back. He & Gore r the what ifs w/o those knee injuries.
I still get sick about that. I was calling for the McGahee screen all night (hoping for the FSU screen expectation). I dunno what Doss saw but he knew it was coming and blew him up.

I still get sick about that. I was calling for the McGahee screen all night (hoping for the FSU screen expectation). I dunno what Doss saw but he knew it was coming and blew him up.
I still hate OSU but they were really well coached under Tressel. Most of our offensive success that game was due to individual talent as opposed to game plan and scheming. Dorsey was under more pressure that game than any game that season.

I still hate OSU but they were really well coached under Tressel. Most of our offensive success that game was due to individual talent as opposed to game plan and scheming. Dorsey was under more pressure that game than any game that season.
Absolute coaching mismatch. I think Clappy was drinking the same Kool-Aid the team was about how they would roll an OSU team that was lucky to be there. They only had like 260 yards all day but we could not run on them and turned it over 5 times. The biggest factor was we could not keep Craig "flucking" Krenzel in the pocket. He killed us on scrambles. We win that game 9-10 times though (I know we got robbed by the PI flag).

The fact that they listed Trent Richardson as a "top" back for bama just shows how much they slurp....

Advertisement
Absolute coaching mismatch. I think Clappy was drinking the same Kool-Aid the team was about how they would roll an OSU team that was lucky to be there. They only had like 260 yards all day but we could not run on them and turned it over 5 times. The biggest factor was we could not keep Craig "flucking" Krenzel in the pocket. He killed us on scrambles. We win that game 9-10 times though (I know we got robbed by the PI flag).
Don't forget, he kept Gore on the sideline, Gore could have played. He didn't want to waste a year of eligibility for Gore. Gore left early anyway.

Don't forget, he kept Gore on the sideline, Gore could have played. He didn't want to waste a year of eligibility for Gore. Gore left early anyway.
Should have burned the shirt on Gore, yes. But really it should have never came to that, we were sloppy, not well coached and overconfident and they actually had more talent than we gave them credit for and a huge edge in coaching. But 5 TO's and a slow, white QB rushing for 90 yards combined with a bad flag and we saw the result. Still hurts to this day.

I still get sick about that. I was calling for the McGahee screen all night (hoping for the FSU screen expectation) but I dunno what Doss saw but he knew it was coming and blew him up.

Was w/ my ex gf and her fam who are all OSU fans (being from OH). I saw that hit coming a mile away & kept saying oh no, oh no...and then the hit happened. Cussed out loud. No one saw the devastation of the hit until the replay. Man, I almost shedded a tear bruh...not b/c he was hurt, but I saw his $$ leave. It amazed me how he was able to come back. Kudos to Buffalo taking a risk on drafting him in the 1st.

Advertisement
Was w/ my ex gf and her fam who are all OSU fans (being from OH). I saw that hit coming a mile away & kept saying oh no, oh no...and then the hit happened. Cussed out loud. No one saw the devastation of the hit until the replay. Man, I almost shedded a tear bruh...not b/c he was hurt, but I saw his $$ leave. It amazed me how he was able to come back. Kudos to Buffalo taking a risk on drafting him in the 1st.
Yeah, it was one of those wrecks you see coming far before the collision but can't look away. The way Doss broke it was like he had some read it was coming IMO.

That's because our OL was used & abused by OSUs DL.....

Advertisement
Agree 100%. If we had McGahee in OT we definitely score at the end. Not to mention that he had just started to wear down the OSU defense when he was hurt.
McGahee had a chance to be the best ever from the U in the league, which is a high bar and requires longevity because of Anderson, Edge and Gore. And you are absolutely correct that he was still productive in the league but he was never as explosive as he was in college.

OSU blew out Najeh Davenport's knee too. F them!

Advertisement
My picks are:

20th century
Syracuse
Jim Brown > Ernie Davis > Floyd Little > Larry Csonka

Modern Era
Miami
E. James > Jackson > Portis > McGahee > Gore

Advertisement
Back