Running Back U

Advertisement
I guess this is only about the BCS era, which is why Ottis Anderson is not in there. But Clinton Portis had a pretty good NFL career. Put him in our 4, and we've got LSU beat easily. If pro careers mean more than college careers, then we've got Wisconsin licked, too.

Advertisement
I guess this is only about the BCS era, which is why Ottis Anderson is not in there. But Clinton Portis had a pretty good NFL career. Put him in our 4, and we've got LSU beat easily. If pro careers mean more than college careers, then we've got Wisconsin licked, too.

So did Willis McGahee. They're actually not too far apart in career yards.

This is even worse

WAIT... you're saying something from Sports Illustrated was negative in regards to the University of Miami?

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

Advertisement
I am, but even with Cane bias that's laughable. They even had a scoring system unlike the one in the OP.

Let's be fair here. Any list, at all, for RBU, that doesn't put Miami at #1 is laughable. There isn't another program on earth remotely comparable to Miami's production at the position in the league, and McGahee was absolutely robbed of a Heisman.

In a century when Gore finally retires, we'll have two RB's in the Hall, and Portis probably would have made it too had he not been traded from Denver.

Let's be fair here. Any list, at all, for RBU, that doesn't put Miami at #1 is laughable. There isn't another program on earth remotely comparable to Miami's production at the position in the league, and McGahee was absolutely robbed of a Heisman.

In a century when Gore finally retires, we'll have two RB's in the Hall, and Portis probably would have made it too had he not been traded from Denver.
You aren't wrong but I have seen 10 or so of these types over the years and we are never #1. We need to put some more guys in the L and remind them. Maybe Chaney and Knighton get us going again?

Advertisement
You aren't wrong but I have seen 10 or so of these types over the years and we are never #1. We need to put some more guys in the L and remind them. Maybe Chaney and Knighton get us going again?

The ones done by NFL (not too many years ago) had us #1 at five different positions. You can still probably find it.

Chaney to me looks to be every bit of the level of a Portis-type running back in terms of talent and potential production. He'll never be McGahee in college, and no one will ever be Frank Gore, but Chaney is a dude.

Don't see Knighton as an NFL RB. More of a guy who will catch passes out of the backfield.

Advertisement

So in the course of the history of the NFL, we have 5 RBs that occupy the top 50 of all time rushers, combining for 56,916 yards!

Who’s the next closest? Pitt w/ 3...and their guys don’t come remotely close to our production.

Even if u took out any player pre-BCS Bowl era, we have 4 guys in the top 50 in THE HISTORY of the game at their position. No other program can boast that! Furthermore, Trent Richardson is considered one of the all time NFL bust. Ingram was busted for PEDs, & Harris haven’t even played a down yet!

Dayne was a huge bust, and Ball was a 2nd round pick out the league ASAP.

Faulk never sniffed a PB! He was the benefactor of playing w/ The GOAT. Jacob Hester???!! (In my Soulja Boy voice) That’s a f’ing stretch!

Edge was a top 5 pick.
McGahee was a top 25 pick
Gore a 3rd round pick
-ALL went to multiple pro bowls

Bama can’t say that bout the guys they have listed. Nor can LSU or Wisconsin.

This list is mostly based upon recent bias, imo. We need to put the youngins in the league in the first 3 rounds & have them produce to remind these ninjas who we r. Fck what they talking bout.

So in the course of the history of the NFL, we have 5 RBs that occupy the top 50 of all time rushers, combining for 56,916 yards!

Who’s the next closest? Pitt w/ 3...and their guys don’t come remotely close to our production.

Even if u took out any player pre-BCS Bowl era, we have 4 guys in the top 50 in THE HISTORY of the game at their position. No other program can boast that! Furthermore, Trent Richardson is considered one of the all time NFL bust. Ingram was busted for PEDs, & Harris haven’t even played a down yet!

Dayne was a huge bust, and Ball was a 2nd round pick out the league ASAP.

Faulk never sniffed a PB! He was the benefactor of playing w/ The GOAT. Jacob Hester???!! (In my Soulja Boy voice) That’s a f’ing stretch!

Edge was a top 5 pick.
McGahee was a top 25 pick
Gore a 3rd round pick
-ALL went to multiple pro bowls

Bama can’t say that bout the guys they have listed. Nor can LSU or Wisconsin.

This list is mostly based upon recent bias, imo. We need to put the youngins in the league in the first 3 rounds & have them produce to remind these ninjas who we r. Fck what they talking bout.
And I know about if, ands and buts, ....
But if McGahee isn't hurt in the championship game he is definitely top 10 and likely top 5 if a team had a need at running back. McGahee was so much better than Larry Johnson to anyone who actually watched them play and didn't just look at yards per game stats.

Included in ESPN's methodology was NFL Draft placement, average NFL value during their first four seasons and college impact.

They include Najee Harris on their list for Alabama, who hasn't even been drafted yet. It's an opinion piece.

And I know about if, ands and buts, ....
But if McGahee isn't hurt in the championship game he is definitely top 10 and likely top 5 if a team had a need at running back. McGahee was so much better than Larry Johnson to anyone who actually watched them play and didn't just look at yards per game stats.

Bruh; I would contend that had McGahee not gotten hurt, not only do we win the Nat’l Championship, it was a guarantee he was going top 5, and I would assume he would’ve put up 10k+ in his career. Even though he had a productive career, he still wasn’t that explosive back like he was...YET he still won the Come Back Player of The Year, and made multiple pro bowls. Willis was a special back. He & Gore r the what ifs w/o those knee injuries.

Advertisement
Back