Run the Ball.

I want to see us run the ball more effectively than we did the first 2 weeks, but I'm not sure I want to tune in each Saturday and watch Michigan State: Vice City. We've got too many receiving weapons that get open too easily to just go to the ground all the time.

I think it's interesting that we're still struggling to win games and fans are still being picky about how we win and by how much.

Advertisement
I think it's interesting that we're still struggling to win games and fans are still being picky about how we win and by how much.
"Struggling to win games" is putting it pretty dramatically. We lost on the road to a top-25 opponent, then blew out an FCS team and doubled up the best team in the MAC. I agree that winning itself is the most important value, and if during ACC play we revert to consistently squeezing by inferior opponents on the last drive, I'll be pretty annoyed and just hope for wins. Until then though, it's okay to want to see your team execute at it's highest potential.

"Struggling to win games" is putting it pretty dramatically. We lost on the road to a top-25 opponent, then blew out an FCS team and doubled up the best team in the MAC. I agree that winning itself is the most important value, and if during ACC play we revert to consistently squeezing by inferior opponents on the last drive, I'll be pretty annoyed and just hope for wins. Until then though, it's okay to want to see your team execute at it's highest potential.

Since the season is so young, I'm still looking back to last season. Toledo is the only half decent team we've beaten in the last 6 games, so I'm sticking with "struggling to win".

I just don't think this team is solid enough that we can be picky about the particular manner in which they win. If a QB emerges and we get the OL right, maybe we can get fancy next year. Or maybe even this year. But until then, I'll take running the ball 75 times if that wins games.

Advertisement
Back