Run it back

Golsen82

Senior
Where'd this saying come from? Seen UM players say it and saw Devonta Smith talked to Tua about running it back with the dolphins

Advertisement
Advertisement
I heard Coach Manny Diaz tell coach Baker, "**** yeah coach, we gonna run it back." Whatever that means hahahaha. Sorry LSU we are gonna "run it back" on the defensive side.

People have been saying this for years. If you've ever played pick-up basketball at your local park/gym, I'm sure you've heard it being said many times.
Exactly, but it seems like the first person I heard say it publicly recently in regards to keeping most of the team intact was pat riley, I didn't realize all these there people been saying it!

Advertisement
its ok the saying is new to you..but people claiming they know where it comes from and that place is somewhere in the last few years is funny. 5 years from now, people are going to use the phrase"I got downs" also for something other than pick up hoops and a whole bunch of new people will claim that it came from wherever it was just popularized.

Advertisement
It’s a stupid ******* hashtag, from a stupid ******* stat nerd, that’s already given us gems like #TNM and #watchtheclose and so on and so on. How about this Mandy, why don’t you hashtag winning a meaningful ******* game or having your “precious defense” not giving up almost 800 yards to UNC or not give up a 4th and 17 when the game is on the line to, you guessed it, UNC again. Or maybe #discipline or #motivated or #prepared or #energy or #fundamentals which are all things your teams here have been severely lacking! Smh how about some of those real life accomplishment hashtags instead of continuing to virtue signal on Twitter and looking even more like a computer dork that doesn’t have a clue how to run a football team let alone a successful program. 🤬

Advertisement
It’s a stupid ******* hashtag, from a stupid ******* stat nerd, that’s already given us gems like #TNM and #watchtheclose and so on and so on. How about this Mandy, why don’t you hashtag winning a meaningful ******* game or having your “precious defense” not giving up almost 800 yards to UNC or not give up a 4th and 17 when the game is on the line to, you guessed it, UNC again. Or maybe #discipline or #motivated or #prepared or #energy or #fundamentals which are all things your teams here have been severely lacking! Smh how about some of those real life accomplishment hashtags instead of continuing to virtue signal on Twitter and looking even more like a computer dork that doesn’t have a clue how to run a football team let alone a successful program. 🤬

Take a break you desperately need it.

Lol this guy's probably right u know

Advertisement
Back