Rumph and Banda to visit Jhavonte Dean today

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami defensive backs coaches Mike Rumph and Ephraim Banda are in Texas now to see JUCO corner Jhavonte Dean.

Dean is fresh off of his Miami official visit last weekend and has already been to Arizona State and Utah. Despite being an Alabama commit, the JUCO corner does not have a visit set there and it appears like he is not a priority for the Crimson Tide.

Miami likes where they stand with Dean.

Advertisement
I understand that being he is currently committed elsewhere, there isn't necessarily a need to set an announcement, but has there been any word or insight as to when a decision will in fact be announced?

Advertisement
I understand that being he is currently committed elsewhere, there isn't necessarily a need to set an announcement, but has there been any word or insight as to when a decision will in fact be announced?

I'm sure he'll announce on NSD, kids love the social media game.

Miami defensive backs coaches Mike Rumph and Ephraim Banda are in Texas now to see JUCO corner Jhavonte Dean.

Dean is fresh off of his Miami official visit last weekend and has already been to Arizona State and Utah. Despite being an Alabama commit, the JUCO corner does not have a visit set there and it appears like he is not a priority for the Crimson Tide.

Miami likes where they stand with Dean.

don't know how plugged in ryan bartow is but he said on joe rose this morning he expects Dean to flip to us.

Advertisement
Pete is Ivins source LOL

Na, Pete has publicly said many times that Ivins has his own sauces and doesn't just copy him. Why hate anyway? He's the only other competent young reporter and doesn't negatively bash the canes like Gery Vermin.

Because he literally posts the same **** Pete does minutes after him.
Pete is the Don, but Ivins is a good dude, he's not a scumbag like a lot of the other Miami writers.

Ivins actually goes to local games and does talk with recruits, coaches & family etc., I don't think he's a guy that makes stuff up.

Advertisement
is this kid Dean any good? know he's highly ranked, but the only film i've seen of him doesnt show much..

Pete is Ivins source LOL

Na, Pete has publicly said many times that Ivins has his own sauces and doesn't just copy him. Why hate anyway? He's the only other competent young reporter and doesn't negatively bash the canes like Gery Vermin.

Pete is the Don, but Ivins is a good dude, he's not a scumbag like a lot of the other Miami writers.

Ivins actually goes to local games and does talk with recruits, coaches & family etc., I don't think he's a guy that makes stuff up.

That's fine. I just read both boards and literally almost every time Pete puts out an update on something, Ivins does too about 5-15 mins later, and it's the same **** update. Like this one. He had said recently that Richt would see Dean today, but after Pete's update, he said "It looks like Miami didn't make it any to see Alabama junior college cornerback commit Jhavonte Dean on Tuesday like he said they were. Instead, Hurricanes assistant coaches Ephraim Banda and Mike Rumph are both in Texas today to meet with Dean and his coaches at Blinn College."

Advertisement
Pete is Ivins source LOL

Ivins is Manolo and Pete Tony

Manolo shoot DAT piece of ****

Of all the "undecideds" this one makes the least sense to me. There seems to be a starting Job almost gift wrapped for this kid. And he will be playing behind a dominant DL,which will make him look even better (ie draft $tock). He would also be playing for by all accounts a coach who is a really good guy. Not to mention playing at home with friends in front of family and friends. There shouldn't even be a debate for this kid. Instead is he has his nose pressed against the window to Saban's office, waiting for that A**hole to let him know if he can possibly ride the pine for the next few years....UNREAL!

Last edited:
Pete is Ivins source LOL

That's fine. I just read both boards and literally almost every time Pete puts out an update on something, Ivins does too about 5-15 mins later, and it's the same **** update. Like this one. He had said recently that Richt would see Dean today, but after Pete's update, he said "It looks like Miami didn't make it any to see Alabama junior college cornerback commit Jhavonte Dean on Tuesday like he said they were. Instead, Hurricanes assistant coaches Ephraim Banda and Mike Rumph are both in Texas today to meet with Dean and his coaches at Blinn College."

If pete put the work into keeping the database / depth chart / etc up to snuff people would have very little reason to go to 247 and he could actually generate some real revenue here.

Advertisement
Back