Rumph and Banda to visit Jhavonte Dean today

You can tell bama doesn't want him if he's allowed to take all these visits.

I don't understand why he's listed as an Alabama commit at this point. It's widely reported he isn't a priority for them, didn't schedule a visit, etc. Whether he moved on or they did, it's odd.

Anyhow, hopefully they break the deal tonight.

Advertisement
Na, Pete has publicly said many times that Ivins has his own sauces and doesn't just copy him. Why hate anyway? He's the only other competent young reporter and doesn't negatively bash the canes like Gery Vermin.

Because he literally posts the same **** Pete does minutes after him.
Pete is the Don, but Ivins is a good dude, he's not a scumbag like a lot of the other Miami writers.

Ivins actually goes to local games and does talk with recruits, coaches & family etc., I don't think he's a guy that makes stuff up.

That's fine. I just read both boards and literally almost every time Pete puts out an update on something, Ivins does too about 5-15 mins later, and it's the same **** update. Like this one. He had said recently that Richt would see Dean today, but after Pete's update, he said "It looks like Miami didn't make it any to see Alabama junior college cornerback commit Jhavonte Dean on Tuesday like he said they were. Instead, Hurricanes assistant coaches Ephraim Banda and Mike Rumph are both in Texas today to meet with Dean and his coaches at Blinn College."

If pete put the work into keeping the database / depth chart / etc up to snuff people would have very little reason to go to 247 and he could actually generate some real revenue here.

This site generates a lot of visits. I'm sure Pete has a solid revenue stream going on.

Pete is the Don, but Ivins is a good dude, he's not a scumbag like a lot of the other Miami writers.

Ivins actually goes to local games and does talk with recruits, coaches & family etc., I don't think he's a guy that makes stuff up.

That's fine. I just read both boards and literally almost every time Pete puts out an update on something, Ivins does too about 5-15 mins later, and it's the same **** update. Like this one. He had said recently that Richt would see Dean today, but after Pete's update, he said "It looks like Miami didn't make it any to see Alabama junior college cornerback commit Jhavonte Dean on Tuesday like he said they were. Instead, Hurricanes assistant coaches Ephraim Banda and Mike Rumph are both in Texas today to meet with Dean and his coaches at Blinn College."

If pete put the work into keeping the database / depth chart / etc up to snuff people would have very little reason to go to 247 and he could actually generate some real revenue here.

This site generates a lot of visits. I'm sure Pete has a solid revenue stream going on.

Count the ads on this page, then count the ads on 247, then add all their bull**** slideshow clicks and subscription revenue.

I don't understand why he's listed as an Alabama commit at this point. It's widely reported he isn't a priority for them, didn't schedule a visit, etc. Whether he moved on or they did, it's odd.

I agree it makes no sense for this kid to be so loyal to a team that only wants him as an insurance policy. Unless he cracks the lineup this year then is over for him. At Miami he can showcase his skills the 2 years he has remaining.

Advertisement

I agree it makes no sense for this kid to be so loyal to a team that only wants him as an insurance policy. Unless he cracks the lineup this year then is over for him. At Miami he can showcase his skills the 2 years he has remaining.

Can't wait till our roster is loaded and kids will beg or wait while we see if we get who we want

WAWA wishes they were Bucees. I've been in that Waller store many times. Best koloches. Texas size convenience store with more gas pumps than 10 Racetracs.

Na, Pete has publicly said many times that Ivins has his own sauces and doesn't just copy him. Why hate anyway? He's the only other competent young reporter and doesn't negatively bash the canes like Gery Vermin.

Yeah I think one of the best things that needs to be kept up to date at all times is the eligibility chart. For example Gus Edwards and everyone else transferring should have at least an asterisk by their name. I'm pretty sure Malek Young hasn't been on the chart for a while. But yeah they got to make sure it shows everyone that has a scholarship or whatever, because its a pretty good way to see how many guys we can bring in this year and next year.

It's going to be really hard to keep DeeJay off the field at the CB position.

He has a very good chance of winning the spot opposite Malek Young.

Not sure people realize how talented, tough and athletic he is.

Go watch the video of him running stride for stride with Mike Harley at the paradise camp if you have doubts.

Advertisement

Go watch the video of him running stride for stride with Mike Harley at the paradise camp if you have doubts.

And Dallas said Harley was the toughest guy to cover at the camp.

Link

the Question With Dallas is what position is he at the best at period. whatever that is then thats where you put him. if its a tie you play him at cornerback and give him plays at wide out as well here and there. especially if we get Jeffrey thomas

WAWA wishes they were Bucees. I've been in that Waller store many times. Best koloches. Texas size convenience store with more gas pumps than 10 Racetracs.

Didn't mean to downvote. Buc-ee's is the chit. Huge restrooms and a little bit of everything there. Lots of scenery too.

Advertisement
the Question With Dallas is what position is he at the best at period. whatever that is then thats where you put him. if its a tie you play him at cornerback and give him plays at wide out as well here and there. especially if we get Jeffrey thomas

It seems pretty obvious CB is what he should start out as. But he should try playing both ways if he can. And I fully expect Wildcat formations with him at QB, Walton at RB, and maybe McFarland in the slot???

Advertisement
I like DeeJay at safety but the staff seems to be over recruiting at the position so he's probably not being considered there.

He also may be a bit small for Manny's liking there. He's versatile and athletic enough to line up on the boundary though.

Can you tell me what is says? It wants me to register.

With less than two weeks left before National Signing Day, a look at where UM stands in defensive recruiting:

• Defensive backs: Much in flux here, with safety and corner high priority areas.

Two incoming defensive backs are enrolled: Georgia-based four-star corner DeeJay Dallas (who also might get a chance at receiver) and three-star Palm Beach Gardens safety Amari Carter.

A third defensive back, four-star Columbus corner Trajan Bandy, is a solid oral commitment; Rivals rates him the No. 9 corner in this class and No. 109 overall prospect. Jacksonville three-star safety Derrick Smith is also committed.

But UM wants at least two more safeties (they have internally discussed adding a graduate transfer) and one or two more corners.

Miami remains firmly in the mix for four-star Columbus cornerback CJ Henderson; four-star junior college cornerback Jhavonte Dean, Miramar four-star safety Brian Edwards and Georgia-based two-star safety Tariq Carpenter.

Henderson, a former UM oral commitment, is also considering Alabama and UF; his father told Canesport: “Miami’s in the top now. He really does like UM.” But some consider UF the favorite.

Edwards, Rivals’ No. 21 safety, will visit UM this weekend and then UF; this appears to be a toss-up, with Louisville still an option.

Carpenter, a Central Florida commit, entered the mix for UM after Billy Gibson (likely Oregon-bound) de-committed from Miami. Carpenter will visit UM and Georgia Tech the next two weekends and told Canesport that he’s leaning toward Tech.

Dean, a former South Dade High player who attends Blinn CC in Texas and visited UM last weekend, told Rivals: “Miami did move up some. But I’m still solid to Alabama,” noting the Tide’s recent success gives them the edge.

He said UM, Utah and Arizona State are even behind Alabama.

Malek Young figures to be one starting corner, with Sheldrick Redwine perhaps a slight front-runner for the other, and Dallas, Michael Jackson and Ryan Mayes also in the mix.

Jaquan Johnson figures to start at one safety spot, with Romeo Finley the front-runner for the other job, with Robert Knowles, Cedrick Wright, Carter and Jeff James among others in contention.

• Defensive line: Lake Worth three-star end Jonathan Garvin is enrolled, and Sacramento-based four-star end DJ Johnson and Dillard three-star end Jon Ford appear firmly committed. UM made a push for Los Angeles-based four-star end Hunter Echols, but he remains committed to Southern California.

Among others UM had pursued at least to some extent: Central’s Owen Carney picked and enrolled early at Illinois; and Dillard’s three-star end Jordan Wright committed to Kentucky.

• Linebackers: Two are enrolling early: Miami Central’s Waynmon Steed (coming off major knee surgery) and Jacksonville’s Bradley Jennings Jr. Four-star Carol City linebacker De’Andre Wilder is a solid oral commitment.

FYI: Two-star punter Zach Feagles is also committed. He’s the son of former UM standout punter Jeff Feagles, a two-time NFL Pro Bowler.

Read more here: Miami Hurricanes trying to shore up defensive backfield in recruiting | Miami Herald

Advertisement
Back