RUMOR: Sources tell me that Lashlee is staying, will receive major pay increase & co-HC title; changes to defensive staff as well

Rhett probably won’t be here for more than a year or 2 anyway. College ADs just crap there pants when they think a coach might leave so they give them an extension even though nobody is after them.

Advertisement
Take King out of the offense this past season and it looks like Enos is still here.

I don't know how anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of offensive football can make such a statement; even if you do not think that Lashlee is the best, his offense and playcalling is superior to Enos.

Why are you guys under the impression that lashlee is in a rush to leave Miami? I want you guys to really ponder this question before answering

I think it's just an assumption many of us are making that he's going to parlay this into a HC gig in the near future. Maybe he doesn't have that mindset but why else would he have left SMU if he doesn't?

Advertisement
Why are you guys under the impression that lashlee is in a rush to leave Miami? I want you guys to really ponder this question before answering
It's not that he's in a rush to leave Miami it's that any ambitious up and coming coordinator always has one eye up the ladder. And they should.

I think it's just an assumption many of us are making that he's going to parlay this into a HC gig in the near future. Maybe he doesn't have that mindset but why else would he have left SMU if he doesn't?
Because the university of Miami called. That’s a call you should answer in most cases. He can parlay his success here into a bigger job.. or even this job..at his own pace

Lashlee is the best OC we’ve had since Chud & it’s not up for debate.

Find me an OC that would’ve turned this Makeshift OL & awful WR group that can barely catch or can’t beat Press man into a highly productive offense.

It’s year 1 for Lashlee, didn’t have a Spring & had a truncated Fall Camp, not to mention had to deal with missing multiple players to Covid on a weekly basis, considering the circumstances he actually did a good job. It’s not like he recruited these players, this is what he inherited from Richt/Enox.

We did not lose a single game this season due to the offense, the Clemson & UNC beatdowns were squarely on the shoulders of Diaz, Baker & the Defense. I understand the tendency to be hypercritical of the offense but I think a lot of yall are missing the mark here, THIS OFFENSE SAVED OUR ASSES THIS SEASON, see Lville, NC St & VA Tech etc..

Without Lash & King this is a 4 win ball club, put things back into perspective, Lashlee is the least of our problems.

Lashlee lead SMU to their first 10 win season since 1984 & had them 9th in total offense & 7th in scoring in year 2 of his tenure at SMU with Buechele, Proche & Reggie Roberson. Another year within his system at Miami will only payoff more dividends & continue to make us at the very least a competitive team, you guys wanna shove him out the door so fast but would be the main ones complaining if we went 5-7 next year because our offense couldn’t score at all.

I’m not saying he’s perfect, but he’s a **** of a lot better than what we’ve had in a very very long time & again, take a look at the personnel he has to work with that he inherited & try to convince me he’s supposed to do more than what he did given the Covid season.

Keeping Lashlee around Miami is not a bad thing, he’s a good coach, one of the very few we have on staff, take a look at the Defense fellas, it’s pure amateur hour with a bunch of dudes who couldn’t coach an elementary school flag football team to a Boys & Girls club tournament let alone recruit at an above average FCS level, yall sure Lashlee is the guy that yall wanna aim your scopes at??

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Very glad to hear that, that'll be a great start to next year.
I really can't wait for your avatar to change back.

That’s true. I agree. My next question is why do most assume up the ladder is a rapid thing? It’s based upon the pace of the person no?
It can be yes. You move up the ladder quickly when you're hot. He's hot right now because of the dramatic overall improvement in Miami's offense. And because he's a pace and space guy which is all the rage.

Find me an OC that would’ve turned this Makeshift OL & awful WR group that can barely catch or can’t beat Press man into a highly productive offense.

It’s year 1 for Lashlee, didn’t have a Spring & had a truncated Fall Camp, not to mention had to deal with missing multiple players to Covid on a weekly basis, considering the circumstances he actually did a good job. It’s not like he recruited these players, this is what he inherited from Richt/Enox.

We did not lose a single game this season due to the offense, the Clemson & UNC beatdowns were squarely on the shoulders of Diaz, Baker & the Defense. I understand the tendency to be hypercritical of the offense but I think a lot of yall are missing the mark here, THIS OFFENSE SAVED OUR ASSES THIS SEASON, see Lville, NC St & VA Tech etc..

Without Lash & King this is a 4 win ball club, put things back into perspective, Lashlee is the least of our problems.

Lashlee lead SMU to their first 10 win season since 1984 & had them 9th in total offense & 7th in scoring in year 2 of his tenure at SMU with Buechele, Porsche & Reggie Roberson. Another year within his system at Miami will only payoff more dividends & continue to make us at the very least a competitive team, you guys wanna shove him out the door so fast but would be the main ones complaining if we went 5-7 next year because our offense couldn’t score at all.

I’m not saying he’s perfect, but he’s a **** of a lot better than what we’ve had in a very very long time & again, take a look at the personnel he has to work with that he inherited & try to convince me he’s supposed to do more than what he did given the Covid season.

Keeping Lashlee around Miami is not a bad thing, he’s a good coach, one of the very few we have on staff, take a. Look at the Defense fellas, it’s pure amateur hour with a bunch of dudes who couldn’t coach an elementary school flag football team to a Boys & Girls club tournament let alone recruit above an FCS level, yall sure Lashlee is the guy that yall wanna aim your scopes at??
I think 4 wins is a little too generous. FSU, Duke, and UAB are the only wins if King and Lashlee aren’t here.

Lashlee lead SMU to their first 10 win season since 1984 & had them 9th in total offense & 7th in scoring in year 2 of his tenure at SMU with Buechele, Proche & Reggie Roberson. Another year within his system at Miami will only payoff more dividends & continue to make us at the very least a competitive team, you guys wanna shove him out the door so fast but would be the main ones complaining if we went 5-7 next year because our offense couldn’t score at all.

Keeping Lashlee around Miami is not a bad thing, he’s a good coach, one of the very few we have on staff, take a. Look at the Defense fellas, it’s pure amateur hour with a bunch of dudes who couldn’t coach an elementary school flag football team to a Boys & Girls club tournament let alone recruit above an FCS level, yall sure Lashlee is the guy that yall wanna aim your scopes at??
This is a great post but I think we're probably > 95% here at satisfaction with Laahlee. There's always gonna be a few turds in the punchbowl and this is their safe space.

Advertisement
It can be yes. You move up the ladder quickly when you're hot. He's hot right now because of the dramatic overall improvement in Miami's offense. And because he's a pace and space guy which is all the rage.
I’m legit just asking. Some people are panicking just to panic

Advertisement
This has been a false narrative for a minute. We pay coordinators and assistants pretty good money. Not bama /Clemson good but good. **** penos made over a million. Banda makes over half a million and he’s not calling plays.
Likens is paid as well as Banda as well. Patke is making co-coordinator money from when Richt promoted him. We pay top 15 in the country for coordinators and have an additional highly paid assistant on each side of the ball competitive with the SEC. Beyond that you get guys like Rumph, Hickson, and Field.

Manny appeared to be happy with it until the UNC game.
Doubt he was happy giving up 41 to NC State, the inability to stop Louisville at the end of the game, the Clemson domination, and then UNC was the last straw.

All that is assumed if he’s objective and competent as a HC. He’s given no indication otherwise thus far in my opinion. Not perfect but he typically makes the necessary change when he has to

Doubt he was happy giving up 41 to NC State, the inability to stop Louisville at the end of the game, the Clemson domination, and then UNC was the last straw.

All that is assumed if he’s objective and competent as a HC. He’s given no indication otherwise thus far in my opinion. Not perfect but he typically makes the necessary change when he has to
True.

Advertisement
Back