Rumor on CS board

This again? They couldn’t get a new 45,000 seat stadium zoned in the gables with residents in agreement, along with the transportation funding that would be required. The infrastructure issues alone…

Criticize the removal of the OB all you want but there’s nothing to pick at on this road. The Gables is not a viable place.
The Watsco Center could hold an additional 1500-2000 seats, they have the space in the seating bowl. Ever wonder why they never added the seats? The City of Coral Gables has made it clear that they will NEVER sign off on it. That's why there are huge swaths of concrete in the seating bowl, where you know seats should be. Our fanbase, most of whom have never been to CG know nothing about the frayed relationship between the University and the City.

I've sat in the Wellness Center parking lot, waiting for an hour to get out, after attending a Miami/Duke basketball game. Imagine trying to leave after attending a game with 45,000 people. You might get on to US1 by MONDAY.

Advertisement
The Watsco Center could hold an additional 1500-2000 seats, they have the space in the seating bowl. Ever wonder why they never added the seats? The City of Coral Gables has made it clear that they will NEVER sign off on it. That's why there are huge swaths of concrete in the seating bowl, where you know seats should be. Our fanbase, most of whom have never been to CG know nothing about the frayed relationship between the University and the City.

I've sat in the Wellness Center parking lot, waiting for an hour to get out, after attending a Miami/Duke basketball game. Imagine trying to leave after attending a game with 45,000 people. You might get on to US1 by MONDAY.

Just wait till flying cars, then problem is gone

1637011981224.gif

No....MetroRail runs from N. Miami to S. Miami and back....Tri-Rail runs from S. Miami all the way to Palm Beach (and back) with stops along the way (Lauderdale...Pompano..etc..)
Metrorail runs along the old FEC path. TriRail uses that and the existing FEC tracks.

Advertisement
Mario's buyout isn't a problem come Jan 1st....Lol at 8 to 10 million....it won't take that at all...
Sounds like perfect timing to me....

2021-22 College Football Playoff schedule, dates, TV channel, sites​

• Cotton Bowl | 3:30 or 7:30 p.m. ET | Friday, Dec. 31 | ESPN
  • Orange Bowl | 3:30 or 7:30 p.m. ET | Friday, Dec. 31 | ESPN

Melreese is 75 acres. Can you find 75 acres in Coral Gables?
OK, I got this.
Bear with me.

HRS with parking is 267 acres.
I figure we'll need about 240 for a 50k stadium.

Here we go:
Start at UM.
Go west on Miller to to SW 62nd.
SW 62nd south to 66th.
66th east to 959. Don't want to mess with the frat-rats and their houses..
959 north to 60th.
60th east to San Amaro,
Then back up to Miller.

Viola!
Within that polygon is 237 acres.
RIGHT NEXT to campus.
No brainer.

Buy out the 750 homes, and we're good to go.

Advertisement
OK, I got this.
Bear with me.

Here we go:
Start at UM.
SW 62nd south to 66th.
959 north to 60th.
60th east to San Amaro,
Then back up to Miller.

Viola!
RIGHT NEXT to campus.
No brainer.

It looks like the math works. I'm sure we could make it happen if only we had a construction worker.

Advertisement
OK, I got this.
Bear with me.

Here we go:
Start at UM.
SW 62nd south to 66th.
959 north to 60th.
60th east to San Amaro,
Then back up to Miller.

Viola!
RIGHT NEXT to campus.
No brainer.

That would require an outlay of cash approaching $1 billion.

Never happening.

If everything OP says turns out to be true, we all gonna need surgery to remove the permanent smiles on our faces

Advertisement
Good point. You'd think that Ross would be able to easily buy that Sonic out, same with that Wal Mart. It's Miami Gardens, there's literally crap right across the street from that Wal-Mart. It's all bottom tier stuff, just clear it out, start seeing if you could clear out some of those neighborhoods, maybe cut a deal to build some condos or something for the residents that are upgrades over what they have now. There's a way to have everyone leave a winner in the deal.
Doubt hed get away w the Walmart considering there are houses that line ives dairy road leading up to the stadium

Just remember where you read this….

Blake will be fired.
Manny will be fired.

Total clean slate in athletic department.

New AD hired (Highsmith to assist in some capacity)
Mario Cristobal hired.

In 2022, University of Miami work together with the ownership of Inter Miami and announce to expand plans of new stadium (by the airport) to 40K-45K seats and agree on a deal to share stadium.

Blake will be fired. ✅

Advertisement
Back