Rumor: Nick Saban to retire

The main reason I could see Dabo going to Bama, other than the alumni factor, is that I believe he's tired of hearing, "You play in a weak conference", "The ACC sucks!" If he goes to the SEC and dominates he ends all that nonsense.

Advertisement
The main reason I could see Dabo going to Bama, other than the alumni factor, is that I believe he's tired of hearing, "You play in a weak conference", "The ACC sucks!" If he goes to the SEC and dominates he ends all that nonsense.

It doesn't matter, though. I'd understand this line of thinking if he missed the playoffs because of that criticism, but his teams always go.

I think that ship has sailed. Bama will ask about Swinney, but I don't think he's leaving Clemson.

Dabo to Bama?

Dabo's doing everything at Clemson he could do at Alabama. His program is now self-loading, smooth running, he dominates the ACC, he gets the recruits he wants, he has an excellent coaching staff, great University support - and he's sunk roots there.

Clemson stuck with him early on during the hard days, and I see him sticking with Clemson now during the good days.

He's already dominating the SEC though lol

Advertisement
Back