*Rumor* Larkin declares/disputes rumor/Decision Sunday

I understand he's gone, I understand he's not getting taller, though technically he still could, but will he really not improve his draft stock if he goes out next year and averages 25 ppg, 5-7 apg, shoots 50% from the field, 40-45% from 3s and leads a young inexperienced Miami team to a decent or better year?

Thats the pros. What about the Cons? What if teams just come out and double team every game and his production goes down? What if he comes back and gets injured?

He was ACC tourney MVP and showed what he can do. Only way he comes back is if he really loves college life and wants to do Coach L a huge favor

Advertisement
I understand he's gone, I understand he's not getting taller, though technically he still could, but will he really not improve his draft stock if he goes out next year and averages 25 ppg, 5-7 apg, shoots 50% from the field, 40-45% from 3s and leads a young inexperienced Miami team to a decent or better year?

Thats the pros. What about the Cons? What if teams just come out and double team every game and his production goes down? What if he comes back and gets injured?

He was ACC tourney MVP and showed what he can do. Only way he comes back is if he really loves college life and wants to do Coach L a huge favor

**** the cons. I'm not looking out for Shane's best interests, I'm looking out for mine and the 2013-14 Miami basketball.

**** the cons. I'm not looking out for Shane's best interests, I'm looking out for mine and the 2013-14 Miami basketball.

lol dont work like that. shanes looking out for himself and his interests not yours or mine

I get the devil's advocate but...How many players have a career ending injury? In basketball it is incredibly low.

Coach will be able to figure out a double team and the assists numbers will go up.

My guess is he would improve and have a better year. One last thing, even if his numbers stay the exact same or WORSE he isn't required to leave then. He could stay his senior year.

He has options.

Advertisement
He probably already got a first round promise.

Yeah, seems like it. And more power to him if whoever told him that, actually sticks to it. At any rate, players far worse than him have been drafted in the 1st round, there's hundreds of busts over the years. I think he can make it, just not sure what his ceiling is because I think he can get better than 2013.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
Miami sophomore Shane Larkin has several agent meetings set for New York next week, sources tell Y! He's holding a news conference Sunday.

Here is the thing, why make a formal announcement? Just go.

I love the kid and want him to stay but if you are gone, just go and don't make it a big press conference.

Advertisement

I love the kid and want him to stay but if you are gone, just go and don't make it a big press conference.

well dont think he planned on it getting leaked, but i get what ur saying. to his credit, he just wanted a day for him and a proper way to say thank you and good bye since it is a big moment in his life. it sucks that reporters got to it before he could

well dont think he planned on it getting leaked, but i get what ur saying. to his credit, he just wanted a day for him and a proper way to say thank you and good bye since it is a big moment in his life. it sucks that reporters got to it before he could

That is on him and his family. He should have kept it literally in house (i.e. just mom, dad and Shane know) instead of telling someone. I just don't get the formal announcement, just declare and get ready for the draft.

Advertisement
Hate to see him go, but if J.J. Barea and 'Lil man Nate Robinson can make an impact in the NBA, I guess Shane figured why not him too.

I agree that some team probably gave him a 1st round guarantee. It's too risky to do something like this without some sort of assurance.

Anyways, meet your new point guards for your 2013-14 'Canes....

Angel Rodriguez (hopefully)

149.jpg

Deandre Burnett

150.jpg

Corn Elder

151.jpg

Last edited:
LCF,

In all honesty, I wanted Burnett to be the shooting guard because he is more of a scorer then a passer. Even though he is shorter (6’0/6’1) than most SG he is a great scorer.

As for Rodriguez, I don’t know why he would get a waiver. Too be closer to home? Is that enough? Well let’s hope for it because we need him.

Elder, is an unknown. I expect him to redshirt (football) and join the team sometime in the fall. He is a really athletic kid and hopefully he could be the backup PG.

Advertisement
It's a weak draft. Next years is not. His stock is high. It is the correct decision although it sucks for Miami. Wish him well.

They let Larkin out of his LOI to DePaul to be closer to his family, so why not (aside from the fact that the NCAA hates us).

Advertisement
Back