Rumor: Kareem Brown Coaching Outside Linebackers?

QB/OC: James Coley
RB: Ice Harris
WR: Kevin Beard
TE: Larry Scott
OL: Art Kehoe
DL: Randy Melvin
LB: Hurlie Brown
DB: Trash Williams
DC: No'D

That might be the worst staff in the history of college football. We went from having guys like Curtis Johnson, Chuck Pagano, and Mark Stoops as position coaches to this toilet.

Advertisement
It doesn't even matter where Brown coaches. You can tell this season is headed for disaster. Signing day was just the beginning of the end for Al... And if Kaaya struggles early, you can 'kiss the baby'...
*watch the movie 'Stir Crazy' for the "kiss the baby" meaning*

If yall are rooting for the team to be sorry and lose. Please get off the site man. Nobody wants to hear all of that man. It's a new season....

If yall are rooting for the team to be sorry and lose. Please get off the site man. Nobody wants to hear all of that man. It's a new season....

I get what you're saying. No true Hurricanes fan wants Miami to lose in any sport.

However given the direction that the football program is going in with a lame-duck president and an AD that seems to like mediocre, it makes people want Al and his staff to fail so that the new prez that wants football to be successful and hopefully new AD with a pair can right the ship.

That might be the worst staff in the history of college football. We went from having guys like Curtis Johnson, Chuck Pagano, and Mark Stoops as position coaches to this toilet.

We have a coordinator as a head coach, position coaches as coordinators, and GA's as position coaches

Advertisement
From the way it has been explained to me, this is not an "official" assistant position, he will just be working with the OLB group now. So basically that would mean Kareem just switched position groups that he works with, but will have the same recruiting role where he has limited access compared to other assistants. For now, it doesn't look like there is a coach on their way out to "make room" for him.

Trying to confirm this, but that is how I understood it.

I get what you're saying. No true Hurricanes fan wants Miami to lose in any sport.

However given the direction that the football program is going in with a lame-duck president and an AD that seems to like mediocre, it makes people want Al and his staff to fail so that the new prez that wants football to be successful and hopefully new AD with a pair can right the ship.

I understand man but I just hate the fact that people are openly wishing for us to fail. I hate golden and the administration as well but their incompetence enough to waver my love for miami. Hope everything works out for us and we get what we want but I'm not going to openly root for us to be terrible.

From the way it has been explained to me, this is not an "official" assistant position, he will just be working with the OLB group now. So basically that would mean Kareem just switched position groups that he works with, but will have the same recruiting role where he has limited access compared to other assistants. For now, it doesn't look like there is a coach on their way out to "make room" for him.

Trying to confirm this, but that is how I understood it.

So pwilly, donofrio back smh....

I don't like Melvin, Williams, Donofrio, Golden.
Scott and Hurlie have done well, although I probably wouldn't want them on staff with a different coach. Kehoe and Beard I'd love to remain on staff for any new coach we get (Ice too I guess).
Having a bad DC, DL and DB coach is just ridiculous though. Also not sold on Coley.
Plus we have a terrible HC...

Advertisement
why do you guys even care? we suck, and will continue to suck until the moment the fat **** is fired. it wouldn't matter if we had the 85 Bears defense and Buddy Ryan coaching them.

Advertisement
The []_[];2185351 said:
They need to make room. He needs to be able to recruit. Kareem would lock south Florida down.

Coley Baez and Ice Harris couldn´t lock down SoFla. Kareem would make zero difference as long he´s working under this group.

Advertisement
The []_[];2185351 said:
They need to make room. He needs to be able to recruit. Kareem would lock south Florida down.

What's up Uncle Brown? We all love Kareem, but he's not ready yet; another 2 years of seasoning before you put him in charge of a full college position coach. Neph is still young ;)

Maybe Golden wants Hurlie to switch over to DB coach once Paul Williams GTFO?

I guess that would leave D'Onut to be D Coord/LB Coach.

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 1m1 minute ago
Kareem Brown, who didn't get UM's DL coach job, was given more responsibility as a GA. Will now work w/ OLBs, be more involved w/ coaching.

Matt Porter @mattyports · 2m 2 minutes ago
NCAA regs allow 9 full-time coaches and 4 GAs, so there wasn't another way for UM to promote Brown (other than DL gig). But UM values him.

Matt Porter @mattyports · 1m 1 minute ago
Brown is very popular among his players, many of whom campaigned for him on social media when the DL job was open.

Advertisement
Back