(RUMOR) Joe Brady hired

I was shocked when I found out he didn’t call the LSU offense in 2019.

There are still a lot of unknowns with him. But when he showed up, that team transformed.

Mu phuckers laughing at my post to bring Esminger in too, but what we know as a FACT is that TOGETHER, they produced a historic college offense.

NEITHER has done anything on their own to warrant the type of money we are looking to spend on a big time offensive coordinator.
Agreed. AT BEST, hiring JB would be a high risk/high reward situation.

The way I see it is....he's here for 1-2 years whether successful or unsuccessful....either he's wildly successful and gets a P5 HC job in 1-2yrs, or he's awful and canned before the end of his 1st season as our OC.

Unless Mario is CONVINCED that his scheme can get it done and continue TVDs ascent, I for one think it is too risky because he'd basically be risking Year 1 on an UNPROVEN play caller

Advertisement
You have to take a flier on the variable that turned an average offense into the best offense of all time in the sec west and making it through the playoffs… lol. It wasn’t just good it was legendarily good. If we don’t someone else is going to PAY him big and be pumped about it.

Yes

I think it’s ok for me not to be 100% sold on someone with one year of college tape and 2 bad years of NFL tape.

Lashlee had TVD throwing over 300 a game while forcing the run game. I think Brady philosophy could have TVD throwing 400-500 a game against a weak coastal. The stats can easily be matched. Pitt QB killed the ACC this year. I don’t see nothing that special about him, plus his weapons don’t compare to what we have on the team.

But it’s games like Clemson & Texas A&M where the doubts kicks in. When we don’t have the talent advantage, is he good enough?
Well . He seemed to light up Bama and Ohio State and both those rosters are loaded . Saban saw what was going on all year and still had no answer so 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
I mean 32 years old we put a lot of stock in who someone has been around

Sean Payton is a good start

Plus bonus he coached linebackers at William and Mary we could have used him last year in that role

and to piggy back on this... I, along with many of us on here only wanted mario if he was going to bring 2 elite coordinators with him. as Lane or Aranda or someone like that would be able to handle duties on one side of the ball

getting mario and getting a question mark coordinator is a little bit deflating for us that are not sold fully on mario's gameday x's and o's.

Brady may absolutely light it up and I hope he does. However when they said $8 million for staffers? I was thinking bigger than Brady and I think most on here were too before he started getting linked to us
You say bigger than Brady, yet as soon as Brady was fired by the Panthers his name popped up as a top potential target for teams needing an OC. Apparently a lot of writers, pundits, and fans see something you don't.

Advertisement
Well . He seemed to light up Bama and Ohio State and both those rosters are loaded . Saban saw what was going on all year and still had no answer so 🤷🏾‍♂️
Y’all acting like LSU had the talent level of Ole Miss.

That same year.. Auburn put up more points on Bama than LSU did.

Last edited:
well we can all agree on one thing, if this was a legit scoop there'd probably be some traction right now. sound like footballville made an educated guess and called it reporting

Advertisement
Well aren’t we knit pickers now.

It was our dream to be able to throw our hat on a Broyles award winner that was a part of a record breaking national championship team.

I for one am not going to split hairs on this mans abilities nor question Mario judgement, plus if there is anyone that would know talent it’s the coaching circle.

It’s also a move that will again put everyone on notice that Miami is serious. Know matter what your stance is on the guy, his name carries weight right now because of the first paragraph.

Tell me what defensive coordinator in the ACC would you give the advantage to over a Joe Brady? I saying this knowing he will probably have one of the best infrastructure and assistance of any other ACC program.

Miami has a very talented quarterback with some young talent at receiver and two very promising running backs. There is enough returning and on the roster to have a decent offensive line. That’s not even taken in what is left in recruiting and the portal.

Maybe Theo Weese and Rambo have a casual discussion with Rambo gushing about his time here and TVD.

Maybe the FIU Olineman has enjoyed his time in S. Florida and wants to transfer up the street.

Or the UVA Olineman wants to change up scenes.

There will be options to take an already solid unit personnel wise and make it even better.

So let’s do a blind resume

2 years of NFL OC ACTUAL play calling experience say what you will but that’s the biggest of leagues against the best players and coaching

1 year on the staff game planning, maybe calling plays on the most prolific offense CFB has ever seen

And prior to that was under Sean Peyton learning from the best

Yeah sign him up…. We’ve hired WAYYYY worse
This!!!

Advertisement
To all the who think Brady isn't the goods...

Q. How do you decide on what you want to do in the red zone each time?
STEVE ENSMINGER: Look, I have a game plan that's sitting right here. I'll be honest with you here. When we get in the red zone, 12 in, that's Joe Brady. Unless I want to run a play-action, go fast, we'll go. When we get inside the 12, I tell Joe, It's yours and he calls it.

Q. How talented is someone like Joe Brady at his age?
STEVE ENSMINGER: Sky's the limit. Sky's the limit, no doubt about it. I've told him. He's a **** of a lot smarter than I am, okay? But I told him, Hey, you remind me of me. When I was 30 years old, I was passing game coordinator at Georgia calling the plays. He walked in, he has brought so much to this offense. I'm proud of him because he's a humble guy just like I am.

Every credential and every award he has achieved he deserves. But he's so humble about it, I appreciate him.
That second answer is hilarious. Brady reminds him of himself when he was younger, and he's proud of him because hes a humble guy just like himself lol...

It was fake news man, That offense was Brady.. Ensminger is a lsu alum, played QB for them and a lifer on coaching side.. Was longest tenured coach. Fans wanted him fired prior but Coach O didnt do it. How come he never had that offense prior? He had all these great calls and ideas and only saved them for when Brady arrived? Lets critical think here man.. He was there with Odell, Jarvis, Blue and co and they never did anything like that, stuck in pro style purgatory. Coach O wasnt gonna embarrass him when Brady started getting showered with praise.. Dude was on record saying Brady calls redzone, hurryup, when they go spread, when they go compact, 3rd down, etc..

All in different articles, saying Brady talked to Burrow when he came off the field, he communicated with Burrow during games, not Ensminger, Brady leaves and offense goes back to where it was before he arrived and then Great Ensminger was "retired" to analyst.. Lots of politics involved with a coach/alum like that.. Lets not get confused, no one was giving Ensminger awards, money, HC offers, NFL OC offers, but only on CIS it was really him, lol..
Facts!

I mean 32 years old we put a lot of stock in who someone has been around

Sean Payton is a good start

Plus bonus he coached linebackers at William and Mary we could have used him last year in that role
Was with Moorhead also at Penn St., who was JUST Cristobal OC at UO. Hmmmm...

It's not a "bombs away" Air Coryell offence. It's a WCO variant - lots of short passes in-front of the sticks, expecting the receiver to pick up YAC.

If those throws aren't on time etc that YAC disappears and suddenly you're Teddy Bridgewater throwing it 4 yards on 3rd and 9.
Dan Coryell??? **** you’ve been watching American football that long?

Advertisement
Back