Rumor Has It Jordan Travis' Waiver

If he doesn't get the waiver, Martell should sue.

Think about it. They gave Justin Fields a waiver, and his only circumstance was that one guy insulted him.

Martell was at Ohio State, where the head coach was suspended for covering up for another coach who beat his wife. Martell's situation is far more deserving.
In my opinion, neither were deserving.

Advertisement

Think about it. They gave Justin Fields a waiver, and his only circumstance was that one guy insulted him.

Martell was at Ohio State, where the head coach was suspended for covering up for another coach who beat his wife. Martell's situation is far more deserving.

Thing is, Martell's twitter fingers say otherwise... He basically "warned" Fields via twitter not to come to OSU. He better hope those tweets don't come back to bite em' in the ***.

If He's gonna sue, He should sue based on the fact that He's closer to graduating than Justin Fields...from what I hear, He's on schedule to graduate this year.

Thing is, Martell's twitter fingers say otherwise... He basically "warned" Fields via twitter not to come to OSU. He better hope those tweets don't come back to bite em' in the ***.

If He's gonna sue, I'd sue based on the fact that He's closer to graduating than Justin Fields...from what I hear He's on schedule to graduate this year.

I'm no lawyer, but I don't see how the NCAA can last.

First, you're basically using slave labor. These players are playing for free. And no, "free education" doesn't count. We have labor laws in this country, and I don't understand how forcing these young men to work for free is legal in any way.

Second, you're telling a grown *** man that he doesn't have the right to play, without pay, for whatever school he chooses. So on the one hand, the NCAA says it's all about them being "student athletes" and wanting to get them educated..... on the other hand, the students aren't allowed to make choices regarding their own education.

Third, these "student athletes" (lol) aren't getting real educations, most of the time. Half of the players on FSU can't even read.

I guess it's off topic, but I don't see the NCAA lasting for too much longer. The NFL is going to have to pony up and get a proper minor league pretty soon. Maybe that's why they're supporting the AAF so heavily?

First, you're basically using slave labor. These players are playing for free. And no, "free education" doesn't count. We have labor laws in this country, and I don't understand how forcing these young men to work for free is legal in any way.

Second, you're telling a grown *** man that he doesn't have the right to play, without pay, for whatever school he chooses. So on the one hand, the NCAA says it's all about them being "student athletes" and wanting to get them educated..... on the other hand, the students aren't allowed to make choices regarding their own education.

Third, these "student athletes" (lol) aren't getting real educations, most of the time. Half of the players on FSU can't even read.

I guess it's off topic, but I don't see the NCAA lasting for too much longer. The NFL is going to have to pony up and get a proper minor league pretty soon. Maybe that's why they're supporting the AAF so heavily?
NCAA won’t be going anywhere.

Yup you know what’s up👍 Our season is riding on this Martell thing but NCAA just want to be a bunch of pr!cks

Advertisement
NCAA won’t be going anywhere.

That's your opinion. My opinion is that college football in its current form is not going to last long in a society that is becoming more progressive every year. The whole "student athlete" sham model will collapse.

I also think that within 20 years, football will no longer be offered at high schools in the US. The evidence keeps piling up that football causes brain damage, and it's only a matter of time until a school district gets sued. When that happens, high schools are going to stop offering football.

It'll be very interesting to see. People love to watch football, but we're not gonna have anybody to play it in the future. I wonder how the sport will survive, honestly.

California is already considering banning tackle football for kids: https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...nned-levels-lower-than-high-school/450339002/

Last edited:
AdL4EWm.gif
Sounds llike Bernie Kosar.

That's your opinion. My opinion is that college football in its current form is not going to last long in a society that is becoming more progressive every year. The whole "student athlete" sham model will collapse.

I also think that within 20 years, football will no longer be offered at high schools in the US. The evidence keeps piling up that football causes brain damage, and it's only a matter of time until a school district gets sued. When that happens, high schools are going to stop offering football.

It'll be very interesting to see. People love to watch football, but we're not gonna have anybody to play it in the future. I wonder how the sport will survive, honestly.

California is already considering banning tackle football for kids: https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...nned-levels-lower-than-high-school/450339002/
There’s just too much money involved for it to disappear.

Advertisement
If martel doesn't get a waiver it doesn't change fact we still have a season to play.gaytors first team up doesn't matter who our qb is we still have to be ready.just be thankful rosier isn't in the picture.

Twhiz I’m very thankful Malweak is gone. Here’s hoping that between Tate, Perry, or Williams that Enos can mold a serviceable QB that can at the very least do what Rosier did in 2017 - ink out 10 wins. I think he can do it and will have either Tate or Williams ready of course depending upon the NCAA ruling.

NCAA waited to get OSU the QB they needed, then announced they were tightening up the waiver approval process. They're dirtier than a mob boss' sphincter.

Advertisement

I'm no lawyer, either.

At least I won't admit to it.

If He's gonna sue, He should sue based on the fact that He's closer to graduating than Justin Fields...from what I hear, He's on schedule to graduate this year.
Actually one could argue that the Twitter stuff shows Martel wasn't afraid or running from competition. You could infer different opinions about those tweets and it would be only Martel that can say what they actually mean. His clarification could be he is telling Justin the job is his. Also, he could argue that after some time and reflection that he (Martel) could no longer play for people that he thought didn't take abuse of women seriously.

Advertisement
Back