Rumor Has It Jordan Travis' Waiver

Blackman might not survive a 35mph wind gust during summer practice. I hear Kendale Lakes Briles is actively looking at every recently paroled rapist in Leon County as a potential walk-on.

Lol. They've apparently been doing that for years. This offseason is nothing new.

Advertisement
Nahhhh, if Williams wins the job He's the QB for the next 2-3 years...given Martell's history no way in **** He hangs around.

And where would he go? At that point he'll be 30 by the time he plays and any school that takes him would have to guarantee him the starting position. He needs to keep his *** here no matter what happens, you only really get to transfer once.

Advertisement
Every case is clearly not the same. Jordan Travis didn’t have a coach protecting a psychopath and repeated domestic violence abuser on his former schools coaching staff either

The problem is, Tate isn’t arguing that issues from what I have read. I think he should have taken that angle but supposedly he didn’t. Not sure what Tate’s actually arguement is.

The problem is, Tate isn’t arguing that issues from what I have read. I think he should have taken that angle but supposedly he didn’t. Not sure what Tate’s actually arguement is.

Where’d you read this? I don’t think any of us have any idea what was/is being argued?

Advertisement
Says who?...USF's QB Barnett transferred twice since He left Alabum@$$.

JMO, but I don't see Martell hanging around if He loses His waiver hearing & Williams gets a stranglehold on the starting job.

Who? Me right now, but I'm basing that on how rare it is. Maybe that's something that's changing and I just haven't caught up yet, but I don't think most kids want to risk it. There's a level of uncertainty when you go to a new team, and I would think that weighs heavily in the decision. Plus at some point you start to look like the kid who can't win a starting job and can't stand to be second best. The kid who thinks everything is unfair. Why should a team take a chance on that kind of kid? If nothing else, he's looking at spending like 6 years in college and going from osu to USF (if he's lucky). I don't think that's a real attractive outcome.

All that said, I get why you're saying you'd expect him to transfer. If he doesn't get the starting job here, I think we'll learn something about what type of kid he is.

I'd imagine it was the article interviewing the attorney where he generally framed the approach but specifically indicated he wouldn't reveal exactly what their arguments would be

LOL, you mean the article where he said they were going to throw out a bunch of stuff and see what sticks? That was one of the dumber things I've seen a lawyer say before a hearing. You've basically told the NCAA you don't have an argument other than the kid wants to play right now really, really badly and you're willing to use any argument that makes that happen. ****, might as well claim racism at that point.

Advertisement
So FSU still has just 1 scholarship QB available in 2019?

200.gif

LOL, you mean the article where he said they were going to throw out a bunch of stuff and see what sticks? That was one of the dumber things I've seen a lawyer say before a hearing. You've basically told the NCAA you don't have an argument other than the kid wants to play right now really, really badly and you're willing to use any argument that makes that happen. ****, might as well claim racism at that point.

Yup was a terrible article and shook my confidence in the attorney. Have to hope he wasn’t seeking to really reveal anything

Advertisement
I would hope we hear something on Martell before spring practice begins. Certainly, the NCAA$$ won't drag this out until August 30th. Do they have a certain timeline or are they allowed to drag this out as long as they desire?

If he doesn't get the waiver, Martell should sue.

Think about it. They gave Justin Fields a waiver, and his only circumstance was that one guy insulted him.

Martell was at Ohio State, where the head coach was suspended for covering up for another coach who beat his wife. Martell's situation is far more deserving.

"Last week, the NCAA quietly announced that its Committee for Legislative Relief — the one that handles waivers — is conducting a review of the guidelines to “ensure they are aligned with current membership philosophies.”

Translation: The schools want them to stop granting so many.
-Stewart Mandel"

I know this alone doesn't mean much. But I have felt all along, and feel even stronger now, that there is little to no chance they will grant Martell's waiver. If they do, great! But personally I've already mentally accepted that he isn't playing this year.

Advertisement
Back