Ruiz Stadium update?

Good post Relly.

One thing I've noted from visiting the Pitt board from time to time: the vast majority of their fans dislike playing in the Steelers stadium and think the university somehow, someway needs to find a way to return football to campus

A NFL stadium is not conducive to the collegiate vibe. The Steelers have done a **** good job to make sure Pitt know their facilities are completely shared, & they turn Heinz field into as much of a home field as possible. The Eagles do that for Temple, as well; but, Temple have been begging the city of Philadelphia to build its own stadium to fit their needs.

It’s also why SC was desperate to gain control of the Coliseum; not just from a revenue standpoint, but also to reconfigure the stadium to make the atmosphere more conducive to their fan base.

Advertisement
A NFL stadium is not conducive to the collegiate vibe. The Steelers have done a **** good job to make sure Pitt know their facilities are completely shared, & they turn Heinz field into as much of a home field as possible

Unfortunately, Steelers took it way too far last spring by drafting Kenny Pickett in the first round :snoopfacepalm:

Advertisement
The issue is a 40k stadium screws us for major games. By building such a small facility, we would be basically saying "Yep, we're a glorified midmajor that doesn't want to win anything significant". 50k would be the number, because historically, Miami has drawn around 45-50k, that would ensure that it looks mostly full most games, while also providing additional seating for huge games.
No that’s being realistic with your fan base… having a 45k stadium like Baylor would look way more “packed” even during the cupcake games than we have it…

Your argument is essentially why not having a 200k stadium for the Super Bowl?? It will sell out but fuggg all the other games the home team plays..

Now he is debating smaller stadium
Hopefully they figure something out. I just know it doesn't look when our stadium looks half empty. The locals come out and support the dolphins even when they are mediocre but they don't do it with the hurricanes, I seriously don't get it.

Advertisement
No that’s being realistic with your fan base… having a 45k stadium like Baylor would look way more “packed” even during the cupcake games than we have it…

Your argument is essentially why not having a 200k stadium for the Super Bowl?? It will sell out but fuggg all the other games the home team plays..
Maybe 55K would be a better solution with the ability to add more seats for bigger games.

Maybe 55K would be a better solution with the ability to add more seats for bigger games.
No you’re living off the one game every other year that would be a “Mega game”… games like ND 2017 ain’t happening yearly or bi yearly

This is a small fan base that is proud but should not be confused with some paper mill state school that churns out alumni and has a nice student body represented because of its size

Hopefully they figure something out. I just know it doesn't look when our stadium looks half empty. The locals come out and support the dolphins even when they are mediocre but they don't do it with the hurricanes, I seriously don't get it.
It’s always been this way. I swear some of you young fans really need to look up our history.

Here is the greatest football team ever assembled with an amazing crowd for Temple.
0B669DB1-FF36-418C-B8AB-DD1617B31556.jpeg

Would it be wise to wait on official announcements on further conference realignment?

It's one thing to build a new stadium when it's confirmed we've got a spot in the SEC (or B1G).

It's something else entirely if we get left behind in what's left of the ACC or somewhere else outside the top two conferences.

(And I know we've got some inside sources who insist "no worries, it's a done deal" ... not doubting their info so much as history says these things aren't a done deal until the conference office hits send on the press release)

Last edited:
Advertisement
No you’re living off the one game every other year that would be a “Mega game”… games like ND 2017 ain’t happening yearly or bi yearly

This is a small fan base that is proud but should not be confused with some paper mill state school that churns out alumni and has a nice student body represented because of its size
55k gets filled bi yearly. Miami FSU prices would be astronomically high in a 55k stadium every 2 years. Low 50’s (52k is my vote) is the solution with the ability to expand to high 50’s in big games.

I hate hard rock stadium but I watched miami have 55k plus to close out the home schedule in 2017…and yes I know that year/season was a complete anomaly

Advertisement

Yeah I guess you're right

It’s always been this way. I swear some of you young fans really need to look up our history.

Here is the greatest football team ever assembled with an amazing crowd for Temple. View attachment 210078
It was different back than because we had the history to go out and land elite recruits and promise to get them to the NFL and win a ring so they didn't care about the crowd. Now we dont have that to offer anymore.

It's funny-and I'm as culpable as anyone-but the stadium only becomes a topic of discussion when we lose and we all start moping about everything wrong with the program. I bet if we could start looking like a real program, we could all find ways to positively spin Hard Rock ("NFL facility, bro!")

Cheaper to find the right staff and hold them accountable to performances

Coral Gables doesn't give af about UM....Never has. That Old Gables $$$$ will NEVER allow an on campus stadium to even remotely happen, even if we had the room, which we don't. No way on earth can you fit an on campus stadium, On 210 OCCUPIED acres....

And even greater nightmare to access it,no matter where you build it... even in Tropical Park... the Palmetto is a parking lot normally... imagine game day

Advertisement
Back