Ruiz Stadium update?

Advertisement
Oregon stadium has 54k capacity. Baylor has 45k. Cincinnati went to the playoffs last year and has 40k capacity. Even Ole Miss has a 58k capacity stadium...you don't hear people giving them **** for their stadium. In fact, people hype the **** out of Ole Miss' game day atmosphere.

Give me a state of the art 50k - 55k stadium with a roof and I'll be happy.

Advertisement
Oregon stadium has 54k capacity. Baylor has 45k. Cincinnati went to the playoffs last year and has 40k capacity. Even Ole Miss has a 58k capacity stadium...you don't hear people giving them **** for their stadium. In fact, people hype the **** out of Ole Miss' game day atmosphere.

Give me a state of the art 50k - 55k stadium with a roof and I'll be happy.
Well not really with Ole Miss, they don't go to the game, they tailgate the whole time. Kiffin just called them out lol.

When people point out traffic or logistics of moving 50,000 people in and out during a relatively short period of time, the argument is always that it's only 6 Saturdays a year. Then when people point out the large price tag, the argument is that the venue can be used for so many other revenue generating activities. Will those additional activities require traffic?

Any stadium is going to have to have the buy in of the residents around it. It's that simple.

When people point out traffic or logistics of moving 50,000 people in and out during a relatively short period of time, the argument is always that it's only 6 Saturdays a year. Then when people point out the large price tag, the argument is that the venue can be used for so many other revenue generating activities. Will those additional activities require traffic?

Any stadium is going to have to have the buy in of the residents around it. It's that simple.
Coral Gables doesn't give af about UM....Never has. That Old Gables $$$$ will NEVER allow an on campus stadium to even remotely happen, even if we had the room, which we don't. No way on earth can you fit an on campus stadium, On 210 OCCUPIED acres....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Coral Gables doesn't give af about UM....Never has. That Old Gables $$$$ will NEVER allow an on campus stadium to even remotely happen, even if we had the room, which we don't. No way on earth can you fit an on campus stadium. On 210 OCCUPIED acres....
Nor would you want to. It's a nightmare driving there to see a baseball or basketball game and that's a lot fewer people than a football game. It's not the Coral Gables of 40+ years ago when there was a slim, outside chance it could happen.

All these points most are bringing up is why I feel a new Stadium isn't needed

I get the points about revenue if Miami were to own it but I haven't seen Ruiz Family say they would donate almost $500 million or more like the Ryan Family has for Northwestern

Has anyone seen that??

Coral Gables doesn't give af about UM....Never has. That Old Gables $$$$ will NEVER allow an on campus stadium to even remotely happen, even if we had the room, which we don't. No way on earth can you fit an on campus stadium. On 210 OCCUPIED acres....
Does the 210 include the lake too? It is so far beyond a realistic possibility. We can't even add the rest of the seats to the bball arena because of Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sooooooo no stadium because mean tweets? Seems we’ve seen this story before.
Enough with the "mean tweets." Perception matters. You get more bees with honey.

I've been puzzled with the fact that Ruiz has been pushing for a stadium for UM, which has been surprisingly very quiet on the topic. If UM is involved, it needs to become the face of the project, not Ruiz.

One thing seems certain and that is whatever slim chance Tropical Park has of becoming a reality is likely to be ruined by Ruiz’s brash nature. Along with hiring HKS, he should have hired a professional public relations company as part of a strategic communications plan. Instead, it’s the Ruiz family using Twitter to anger voters and commissioners who actually have to approve the project.

Enough with the "mean tweets." Perception matters. You get more bees with honey.

I've been puzzled with the fact that Ruiz has been pushing for a stadium for UM, which has been surprisingly very quiet on the topic. If UM is involved, it needs to become the face of the project, not Ruiz.
Even though I am against the stadium, I acknowledge that Ruiz means well but he´s a bull in a China shop and has a massive ego. I don´t think he´s wired to do things quietly.

and according to Ruiz the face of the project will be his son, a twenty something year old kid with no suitable or applicable life or professional experience. compare ruiz and his team to Mas´ team (extremely competent), who struggled mightily to obtain approval.

Advertisement
Back