Ruiz Stadium update?

The "MIAMI" script is in the Dolphins font.

View attachment 206522

Pitt, USF and Temple share NFL stadiums and find a way to get their logos in the end zones. Two of those teams are in cold weather climates where it's more challenging to re-sod later in the year. Why are we the only ones who cannot?
View attachment 206523View attachment 206524View attachment 206525View attachment 206526

I appreciate your research, but regarding the font….

010174CD-0ADC-4190-B8E6-FE708EFCF4FD.gif

People that feel strongly about it should send Rad a note, try to talk to him in person about it. I’ve already spent more time on it than I care, to be honest. I just don’t give a shlt.

It’s OK if it’s a big deal to you. I just see it as number 232 in terms of list of priorities for this program.

Advertisement
The "MIAMI" script is in the Dolphins font.

View attachment 206522

Pitt, USF and Temple share NFL stadiums and find a way to get their logos in the end zones. Two of those teams are in cold weather climates where it's more challenging to re-sod later in the year. Why are we the only ones who cannot?
View attachment 206523View attachment 206524View attachment 206525View attachment 206526
This isn't surprising at all. We are in a horrible lease with a person who does not care much about the program

View attachment 206527

People that feel strongly about it should send Rad a note, try to talk to him in person about it. I’ve already spent more time on it than I care, to be honest. I just don’t give a shlt.

It’s OK if it’s a big deal to you. I just see it as number 232 in terms of list of priorities for this program.
Is 231 that the turf is the wrong shade of green?

I don't follow or know too much about local politics, but don't like an absurdly low # of people come out to vote for these things?

Personally, I think that if a proper venue could be located, a stadium would get pushed through because in So Fla, local money interests (i.e., real estate developers) always prevail over greater environmental, community-wide concerns.

It's Karen central down that way regardless of the turnout.

If it were up to a commission, you need 4 politicians, which is historically easy in Miami, but stadiums are particularly toxic issues down here post-Marlins. They're all afraid of another 60 minutes interview. I don't know if a UM centric idea has enough juice for them to take the heat.

You also have the local politicians highly on edge after the school board got flipped. I am not the least bit sad about that, but I am not sure it helps the local commissioners who are in tightly contested races.

Advertisement
It's Karen central down that way regardless of the turnout.

If it were up to a commission, you need 4 politicians, which is historically easy in Miami, but stadiums are particularly toxic issues down here post-Marlins. They're all afraid of another 60 minutes interview. I don't know if a UM centric idea has enough juice for them to take the heat.

You also have the local politicians highly on edge after the school board got flipped. I am not the least bit sad about that, but I am not sure it helps the local commissioners who are in tightly contested races.

It all goes down to a popular vote. That’s the obstacle. It’s the actual residents that are going to be the obstacles. That’s gonna be a tough nut to crack.

It all goes down to a popular vote. That’s the obstacle. It’s the actual residents that are going to be the obstacles. That’s gonna be a tough nut to crack.
IIRC, it requires the approval of a 13 member commission (might be a super majority) and the miami dade county residents, both of whom were burned badly by the Marlins deal.

IIRC, it requires the approval of a 13 member commission (might be a super majority) and the miami dade county residents, both of whom were burned badly by the Marlins deal.

I don’t bother about commission members, or alderman or whoever, because those obstacles can always be overcome. The popular vote is a completely different matter. That’s why I think that is THE major obstacle.

Advertisement

View attachment 206527

Sounds like he has a fair point to me, it might be insignificant to you, but top down all details need to be in excellence from here on out. If a school like Temple can do it, so can Miami, the brand is that important.

Advertisement
Sounds like he has a fair point to me, it might be insignificant to you, but top down all details need to be in excellence from here on out. If a school like Temple can do it, so can Miami, the brand is that important.
I live near Philly now, worked here 50 years ago, and my alma mater played them when they were small time. The truth is both Temple and Pitt were private schools that were made state-related when they were in financial trouble and deemed "too large to fail." Pitt, where I did my graduate work, has DEEP historical and political roots. Temple really is the poor step child and people treat them nicely because they feel sorry for them. They have no leverage just corporate compassion.

They should paint the endzones orange. Keep the Dolphins font but add some color at least.

Advertisement
Don’t know why some people are calling that a “dolphins“ logo. It’s the same logo that they’ve been using for years, a hybrid “Miami” put there to satisfy both fan bases. If they wanted to do a dolphins logo, they would do a dolphins logo. But they haven’t.

Literally .000001% of the fanbase gives a crap about this script.

It says Miami, and that’s good enough for me. As long as we have hurricane players dancing in the end zone I don’t care if they use a clown font on the logo.
A lot of our fans forget that when we shared the OB facility with the Dolphins, the endzones merely read "Orange Bowl".

A lot of our fans forget that when we shared the OB facility with the Dolphins, the endzones merely read "Orange Bowl".
The university was there before the Dolphins and that stadium never looked like it belonged to someone else like HRS.

lol the Steelers domt own Heinz field. tje county does. It’s a public stadium. Dolphins actually own hard rock

the bucs don’t own rj. the county does.

the city of Philly owns linc. K so what’s next on the arguments and stupid talking points I can shut down

Advertisement
Back