Ruiz Stadium update?

Advertisement
They don’t give a rats *** about a UM that hasn’t won a single thing of importance in over 20 years. I think you’ll see the fan base grow (or regrow in a lot of cases) pretty quickly, especially locally. Which is why I said 2-3 years of this new program investment paying dividends is what I see as the realistic timeline to build up necessary support.

Otherwise the main benefit is a massive much needed investment in Tropical Park, which is a run down stink hole. I also made another post in this thread already about UM getting proactive with coming up with some local educational outreach program for STEM, at a very affordable cost as a service to that community.

Programs can be largely held at the new campus location being proposed there as well. It would benefit the school by making it a academically innovative, and the local community, building a broader base of support for these things.

Regardless, this is a must have investment within 10-15 year imo for the program to be truly self sustainable as a franchise into the future. And winning takes care of everything.

It's not a win/loss thing though. When we are talking about the population at a citizen level, the vast majority of people you need to convince don't care about UM or football, together or separate. Every development project faces opposition beyond its support, but stadiums are particularly polarizing.

i've been saying this from day one, win and everything takes care of itself, although i don't necessary agree with the fact that HRS will be talked about like the Orange Bowl.

That’s what some refuse to understand.

The games made the Orange Bowl legendary, not the other way around.

Advertisement
It's not a win/loss thing though. When we are talking about the population at a citizen level, the vast majority of people you need to convince don't care about UM or football, together or separate. Every development project faces opposition beyond its support, but stadiums are particularly polarizing.
I don't follow or know too much about local politics, but don't like an absurdly low # of people come out to vote for these things?

Personally, I think that if a proper venue could be located, a stadium would get pushed through because in So Fla, local money interests (i.e., real estate developers) always prevail over greater environmental, community-wide concerns.

That’s what some refuse to understand.

The games made the Orange Bowl legendary, not the other way around.

not sure it is as clean cut as you state, i think there was something magical, mythical about the orange bowl around which the program was built and developed. destroying that stadium, in my opinion, destroying that myth, eviscerated the program's soul. to be great again will require a new magic/myth.

Same old Dolphins logos in the endzones smh

Probably the worst part about playing in someone else's stadium are college hashmarks mixed with NFL yardline numbers.

I don't follow or know too much about local politics, but don't like an absurdly low # of people come out to vote for these things?

Personally, I think that if a proper venue could be located, a stadium would get pushed through because in So Fla, local money interests (i.e., real estate developers) always prevail over greater environmental, community-wide concerns.

yes, especially if they place the referendum during a primary election (like last week's election) where the turnout is about 10$-15% or if they run it in a single question referendum, then the turnout will be worse. if the referendum appears in the November election cycle, then it will be higher because voters will be there already.

Advertisement
not sure it is as clean cut as you state, i think there was something magical, mythical about the orange bowl around which the program was built and developed. destroying that stadium, in my opinion, destroying that myth, eviscerated the program's soul. to be great again will require a new magic/myth.
So a new stadium and the magic of a new revenue stream?

Same old Dolphins logos in the endzones smh

Probably the worst part about playing in someone else's stadium are college hashmarks mixed with NFL yardline numbers.
1662134411388.png

Don’t know why some people are calling that a “dolphins“ logo. It’s the same logo that they’ve been using for years, a hybrid “Miami” put there to satisfy both fan bases. If they wanted to do a dolphins logo, they would do a dolphins logo. But they haven’t.

Literally .000001% of the fanbase gives a crap about this script.

It says Miami, and that’s good enough for me. As long as we have hurricane players dancing in the end zone I don’t care if they use a clown font on the logo.

Advertisement
Don’t know why some people are calling that a “dolphins“ logo. It’s the same logo that they’ve been using for years, a hybrid “Miami” put there to satisfy both fan bases. If they wanted to do a dolphins logo, they would do a dolphins logo. But they haven’t.

It says Miami, and that’s good enough for me. As long as we have hurricane players dancing in the end zone I don’t care if they use a clown font on the logo.
Seriously. There’s other reasons for wanting your own home. For me, it’s a permanent ring of honor vs just a banner.

yes, especially if they place the referendum during a primary election (like last week's election) where the turnout is about 10$-15% or if they run it in a single question referendum, then the turnout will be worse. if the referendum appears in the November election cycle, then it will be higher because voters will be there already.
Yeah, but those 10-15% who bother showing up to off-cycle local elections are the same NIMBY busybodies who will be vehemently opposed to a stadium deal

Advertisement

The "MIAMI" script is in the Dolphins font.

nfl-miami-dolphins-napkins-48-count_13979339.jpg

Pitt, USF and Temple share NFL stadiums and find a way to get their logos in the end zones. Two of those teams are in cold weather climates where it's more challenging to re-sod later in the year. Why are we the only ones who cannot?
pitt.jpg
temple.jpg
usf.jpg
genericmiami.png

Advertisement
Back