Ruiz Stadium update?

Doubt this ever happens, since it’s not a joint venture. Too much work for the landscape crew. That UVA game w/ the throw back argyle Dolphin’s EZ for our “home game” ****ed me completely off. Aqua blue seats w/ Dolphins EZ.

Again, we should just be “happy” that we’re even allowed to play at this world class stadium.

But responding to the bump QP; Johnny said this on the podcast, as well. So there seems to be some cohesion. I would expect Miami to be ho-hum on this publicly since there’s this pesky contract still in play, AND there’s some voting that needs to be done.

I think it’ll take UM 2-3 years to support publicly, which should make it an easier sell esp with a program resurgence in that time. That also gets all designs lined up, concerns like infrastructure addressed, for a vote. I think it does have to be before that vote though, to actually give it a fighting chance with the community. Otherwise it’s just some dude trying to build another stadium in tropical park.

Advertisement
There's a RHCP show at Hard Rock tonight. Field conditions on Saturday will be _____________

Lady Gaga concert (got the wife tickets next to stage) will be taking place when Miami is at A&M. Hopefully, the grass is in a decent place but that’s a lot of **** on the field for a long period of time.

Advertisement
Lady Gaga concert (got the wife tickets next to stage) will be taking place when Miami is at A&M. Hopefully, the grass is in a decent place but that’s a lot of **** on the field for a long period of time.
I was invited to Lady Gaga but have decided to watch Miami at 8&4 that night instead.

Off topic: Would Miami fans attend a "road rally" where they open up the stadium so fans can watch a big game together on the jumbotrons?

'We have a great relationship with Hard Rock Stadium. That’s first and foremost' Miami AD: Hurricanes ‘very proud’ to play at Hard Rock, focusing on campus facility upgrades and not exploring other stadium sites

Checked the link. I see ongoing preparations for a concert.

Do I really have to explain this to you why it doesn’t make any difference that they’re having a concert?

There’s a clue in that link you sent. Rok, man your trolling is really slacking these days.

Advertisement
Look closely at the WebCam. Do you see them on turf?

Rok must be playing dumb, because I refuse to believe he is dumb.
Well of course they covered up the turf I just fear that tonight's trampling of whatever they use to cover it it may leave some lumpy or dead spots. They change the turf at that stadium every 10 minutes anyway so no biggy either way

Well of course they covered up the turf I just fear that tonight's trampling of whatever they use to cover it it may leave some lumpy or dead spots. They change the turf at that stadium every 10 minutes anyway so no biggy either way

The turf isn’t on there. They will probably lay it down tomorrow. That’s what I was referring to.

Advertisement
Years ago, I was able to help one of my best buds a a supervisor role for a grounds crew in MLB. He is even friendly with Dolphins crew members that manage the field. They’ll tell you these events and constant turf replacement is terrible for the field. They don’t even want anyone who isn’t an athlete walking on that turf.

Dolphins trying to generate income but at what expense? Parking may become an issue now because of the changes. I hope the turf isn’t next.

I think it’ll take UM 2-3 years to support publicly, which should make it an easier sell esp with a program resurgence in that time. That also gets all designs lined up, concerns like infrastructure addressed, for a vote. I think it does have to be before that vote though, to actually give it a fighting chance with the community. Otherwise it’s just some dude trying to build another stadium in tropical park.

I just cannot see this getting over the line, especially at a citizen level. It doesn't solve much, honestly. As nice as the renderings are, "closer to campus," is not on campus. It may in fact be state of the art for the years in which it is built, but this will never be able to keep up with what an NFL franchise and its ownership pumps into its own stadium. And, most importantly, there continues to be a misconception that because it's the University of Miami, the market is Miami. That's incorrect and what I think does this in. You can promise the usual stadium=jobs, more police, more school moneys, etc. but it doesn't change the fact that too many of people affected by/voting on this don't give a rats *** about UM. The people who do, season ticketholders, are getting more dispersed throughout the state of FL every year, and the HR location is a lot easier on them.

I just cannot see this getting over the line, especially at a citizen level. It doesn't solve much, honestly. As nice as the renderings are, "closer to campus," is not on campus. It may in fact be state of the art for the years in which it is built, but this will never be able to keep up with what an NFL franchise and its ownership pumps into its own stadium. And, most importantly, there continues to be a misconception that because it's the University of Miami, the market is Miami. That's incorrect and what I think does this in. You can promise the usual stadium=jobs, more police, more school moneys, etc. but it doesn't change the fact that too many of people affected by/voting on this don't give a rats *** about UM. The people who do, season ticketholders, are getting more dispersed throughout the state of FL every year, and the HR location is a lot easier on them.

They don’t give a rats *** about a UM that hasn’t won a single thing of importance in over 20 years. I think you’ll see the fan base grow (or regrow in a lot of cases) pretty quickly, especially locally. Which is why I said 2-3 years of this new program investment paying dividends is what I see as the realistic timeline to build up necessary support.

Otherwise the main benefit is a massive much needed investment in Tropical Park, which is a run down stink hole. I also made another post in this thread already about UM getting proactive with coming up with some local educational outreach program for STEM, at a very affordable cost as a service to that community.

Programs can be largely held at the new campus location being proposed there as well. It would benefit the school by making it a academically innovative, and the local community, building a broader base of support for these things.

Regardless, this is a must have investment within 10-15 year imo for the program to be truly self sustainable as a franchise into the future. And winning takes care of everything.

Advertisement
lol

Attachments

• 55D0F1B0-7DC8-4F2D-9CC9-6F9AEC8DD4E7.png
    55D0F1B0-7DC8-4F2D-9CC9-6F9AEC8DD4E7.png
    2 MB · Views: 127
Advertisement
Back