Ruiz Stadium update?

Bro, do you know how many NBA Finals games have been played at AAA, bro? Like literally the Canes would be playing beneath the rafters of so many goats. No other college basketball arena could possibly compare. Plus it’s next door to where they used to have Ultra. And now it’s named FTX, so NIL deals could be paid in Bitcoin, bro.
Seth Meyers I Give Up GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Advertisement
I don’t know how this plays out but the video on Lebatard where Billy says this HURTS negotiations with Hard Rock is just patently false. It’s why I think he’s full of **** with what he’s saying because how is a closer and potentially free stadium hurting their chance with Steve Ross and Garfinkel in discussing a new lease lol
This isn’t hurting Miami nir helping. Ross wants to make Money. He’ll gsldy take the canes but he also isn’t gonna be hurt if they go elsewhere. He smartly trandformed the facilities to be used for many diff things

Bro, do you know how many NBA Finals games have been played at AAA, bro? Like literally the Canes would be playing beneath the rafters of so many goats. No other college basketball arena could possibly compare. Plus it’s next door to where they used to have Ultra. And now it’s named FTX, so NIL deals could be paid in Bitcoin, bro.
ULTRA is back there. It was great this year.

From CaneSport

As for a potential new stadium that John Ruiz has talked about building for Miami football? Radakovich says that’s not a focus for the program right now.

“We have 10 or 11 more years on a contract (at Hard Rock), so our focus is not as much where we play those seven games a year,” Radakovich said.

Advertisement
Just change the **** seat coloring to orange and let us have our design in the endzones. Would make it a much more enjoyable decade for us fans that find it embarrassing to see aqua blue when watching our beloved canes…. Don’t even get me started on the end zone design when the dolphins go throwback uniforms…..

Just change the **** seat coloring to orange and let us have our design in the endzones. Would make it a much more enjoyable decade for us fans that find it embarrassing to see aqua blue when watching our beloved canes…. Don’t even get me started on the end zone design when the dolphins go throwback uniforms…..

Doubt this ever happens, since it’s not a joint venture. Too much work for the landscape crew. That UVA game w/ the throw back argyle Dolphin’s EZ for our “home game” ****ed me completely off. Aqua blue seats w/ Dolphins EZ.

Again, we should just be “happy” that we’re even allowed to play at this world class stadium.

But responding to the bump QP; Johnny said this on the podcast, as well. So there seems to be some cohesion. I would expect Miami to be ho-hum on this publicly since there’s this pesky contract still in play, AND there’s some voting that needs to be done.

agreed, and to boot this is easy to fix.

Advertisement
Dark green seats would be an upgrade. Aqua everywhere and Dolphins logos in the endzones let's everyone further know that we're lowly renters.

orioles-228.jpg

Sounds like priority is the new football facility while they work with Ruiz on a stadium in the background.

From CaneSport

As for a potential new stadium that John Ruiz has talked about building for Miami football? Radakovich says that’s not a focus for the program right now.

“We have 10 or 11 more years on a contract (at Hard Rock), so our focus is not as much where we play those seven games a year,” Radakovich said.

it will take that long to approve, finance and build a stadium at tropical

Advertisement
From CaneSport

Sounds like priority is the new football facility while they work with Ruiz on a stadium in the background.

Dan: This is not focus for the program right now.
Also Dan: This is priority number one.

Cant Decide Fred Armisen GIF by IFC

Rad has to focus on the low-hanging fruit, which is the football facility. That's easy. As is whatever other immediate things can be changed quickly and easily (be it, S&C, nutrition, etc.). Something like a stadium is a long-term venture and it has to be treated as such.

Advertisement

Just buy the **** stadium... the best route

Advertisement
Back