Ruiz Stadium update?

i will write in lower caps to not further hurt your feelings.

a privately managed golf course is not a public park. the former is used for golf and only golf and the latter is used as a park. if you cannot discern the difference, hang up your ballet shoes.

i don't care what your monkey suggests, but your statements indicate you are either very young or very unknowledgeable or both.

lastly, i can tell you suck at video games. hang em up.

i tape Jeopardy and watch each night while having dinner. how did you know?
Hurt my feelings? You aren't that clever.

The distinction you are trying to make between a public golf course and a public park is irrelevant. Both are owned by local government. You are being childish in your responses and disingenuous in debate while setting up straw man argument. I'm not taking the bait.

BTW, you suck at insults. For as much time as you spend on this site one would think you would have improved that skill.

Advertisement
Some new pics of the proposed stadium

Read comments in this article, where ppl calling Ruiz a “scam artist.”

I swear; I used to get into heated arguments w/ other fan bases, got into a couple of fights (well, technically it wasn’t a fight when u put someone to sleep off one punch, lol) defending this fan base, but I can honestly say, we definitely have a few among us that make it hard to defend against the mantra of worst fan base in America

which it won't be. this stadium will not be owned by the Canes unless they put equity into it. they will be a lessee/tenant just as in HRS.
This is the biggest issue. History tells us that OWNING the stadium and controlling the land is critical. You don’t want to be a renter. Patriots and Raiders come to mind. Patriots and Raiders of old. Kraft got the team via ownership over the land around the stadium to force out the prior owner. School needs to control a site and a stadium on it. That park site sounds too government like.

Tulane will never win anything. So, in essence, you are saying that we should be so incredibly desperate for our own facility, we should be willing to trade in being a competitive program for that. We could build a garbage erector set stadium and go 7-5 forever(if that) but the school would ditch the program eventually. This project can't be half-assed, it has to be worthwhile, and that costs billions. Good luck with that.

The issue is that 1) unlike Tulane, SMU, and some other city schools, we actually have aspirations beyond 7-5 and 2) those schools actually had space on campus to build. Pitt is in a similar boat as us, but unlike us, they chose to tear down their ON CAMPUS STADIUM. Pitt could have renovated Pitt Stadium, but they took the easy way out.
I didn’t say that. I said what I said. Your shtick, as noted by many others here and formerly on Shadow’s board, is tiring.

Advertisement
Hurt my feelings? You aren't that clever.

The distinction you are trying to make between a public golf course and a public park is irrelevant. Both are owned by local government. You are being childish in your responses and disingenuous in debate while setting up straw man argument. I'm not taking the bait.

BTW, you suck at insults. For as much time as you spend on this site one would think you would have improved that skill.
there is a significant difference in the nature of activity, volume, and user between a privately managed golf course and park.

i do suck at insults, there we can agree.

Read comments in this article, where ppl calling Ruiz a “scam artist.”

I swear; I used to get into heated arguments w/ other fan bases, got into a couple of fights (well, technically it wasn’t a fight when u put someone to sleep off one punch, lol) defending this fan base, but I can honestly say, we definitely have a few among us that make it hard to defend against the mantra of worst fan base in America
the scam artist comes from the fact that the last time Ruiz entered into a partnership with a municipality (City of Homestead) for a baseball facility it failed and he defaulted. then he was struggling for money. the reality today is he has purchased millions of dollars of real estate and has been vetted by bank to obtain loans for them, so his financials must be good to go.

given his past and his ego he is going to have a difficult time shaking off the "scam artist" reputation.

i wish him well and think he's a decent guy.

If it happens, for it to be useful, it's going to have a huge price tag. Without state funding, that's going to be a huge ask of our donor base. That said, if it happens, then great.
Yeah I just don't see that donors building a billion dollar stadium. Maybe a nice 500-600M 45-50K stadium but a NFL stadium idk about that. If it did happen they would need Co Build it with the Miami FC. If we do build a stadium I would go the Colorado state route but bigger and nicer. They were able to build a 41K stadium for 220M. If we could do a 55-60K stadium in the neighborhood of a 450-500M, that would seem much more possible.

That can be solved with landscaping very easily. And most stadiums are next to a highway.

Where do you think people park when they go to Miami Heat games? Where do people park in condos on the beach? You raise the ground around the structure.

It's like some of you guys haven't been on Earth the last few years. Anything is possible these days.

And to everyone saying HRS is a great venue, I've been going to games there my whole life. Joe Robbie, Pro Player, Landshark, whatever. It is a great stadium now but the atmosphere for Canes games has ALWAYS felt like we're an interloper. I think some of you either forget or weren't around for the Orange Bowl. The place was a freaking dump but there's a reason people talk about it like it was the greatest stadium on Earth. It was ours and you either have no idea what that feels like or just don't remember. Having something that is yours is an entirely different experience.
Applaud Standing Ovation GIF by Black Market

Advertisement

All for a stadium, but no one else thinks this is soft as fvck and would have a ****** atmosphere? Looks like somewhere I'd want to fall asleep.

It just doesn't fit what a UM game should embody and has embodied when we're rolling... crazy *** fans, deafening sound, a place opponents fear... not some futuristic ****** horizontal seating wanna be FAU with the palm trees stadium

Understand the difference between atmosphere and cool concords/amenities/places for chicks to take pictures

Hard Rock can at least be somewhat intimidating when theres a good turn out.... just my opinion

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

So can you list all the "college teams in NFL markets that play in NFL stadiums"?

Buffalo Bulls - UB Stadium (not NFL)
Miami Hurricanes - yeah, we know about that one
Boston College - Alumni Stadium
I'mma say...Rutgers...(NY/NJ Metro) - SHI Stadium (not NFL)
Navy (Baltimore) - Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
Cincinnati - Nippert Stadium
Ohio Taint - Ohio Stadium
PITT - HEINZ STADIUM
Houston - TDECU Stadium (not NFL)
Indiana - Memorial Stadium
Florida Gaytors - OK, so they play ONE game in an NFL stadium each year
Tennessee - Neyland Stadium
Colorado - Folsom Field
Kansas - Kansas Memorial Stadium (Arrowhead is actually in Kansas City, MISSOURI)
UNLV - ALLEGIANT STADIUM
USC - LA Memorial Coliseum (formerly an NFL venue, but no longer)
SMU - Gerald J. Ford Stadium (not Jerry World in Arlington)
I'mma say...Army (NY/NJ Metro) - Michie Stadium
TEMPLE - LINCOLN FINANCIAL FIELD
Maryland - Maryland Stadium
Northwestern - Ryan Field
Michigan - Michigan Stadium
Wisconsin - Camp Randall Stadium
Minnesota - Huntington Bank Stadium (not an NFL venue)
Georgia Tech - Bobby Dodd Stadium
UNC-Charlotte - Jerry Richardson Stadium (NOT NOT NOT an NFL venue)
Tulane - Yulman Stadium
***USF - RAYMOND JAMES STADIUM (BUT BUILDING AN ON-CAMPUS STADIUM)
Arizona State - Sun Devil Stadium
UCLA - The Rose Bowl
UC-Berkeley - California Memorial Stadium
Washington - Husky Stadium

So, that means in alllllll of those big cities, there are only FIVE Division I-A college football teams that play in NFL stadiums, which will soon decline to FOUR. And one of them played in its own stadium BEFORE the NFL came to town (UNLV), so that one is an unusual case.

Which means, really, we are keeping suuuuuch good company with Pitt and Temple. Way to really make a solid case, there...
Way to bring the facts, mane. Some of dese ny99as round here just be talking out they ***, with no base in facts.

The stadium would have a retractable roof, air conditioning and luxury suites.

This comment from the article was really odd. The concept looks completely open air so I don't know hot that would work. I also don't feel like allowing the opposing team an air conditioned experience.

I like Ruiz is pushing to get results, can’t fault the man for that. However I don’t like that local. I think the best avenue is to piggy back with Beckham for the melreese/airport local. Not far from old OB, centrally located literally to all major highways, and the airport is right there, which would boom all those hotels in the area along with more fans flying in to see a game or even tourists looking for fun, would at least go towards filling stadium.

I think that far down is a challenge for broward/palm beach areas, me lose many not wanting to make that. commute.

issue is how to design a stadiumwhere soccer is only 30k seats and canes would be 60k.

the location though is going to bring it back a little to the Canes of old.

Advertisement
Tropical Park as it is now is very under-utilized and with an influx of cash could be reimagined to use the space better. So while it's still a longshot, I think this is very possible out of all the scenarios that have been thrown out since the Orange Bowl, God rest her soul, was taken from us.

We need positivity about the project, and a crap ton of cash. You need a lot of money because you're going to have to do a lot to the park to convince Miami-Dade. They will have to relocate stuff, turn the current paved lots into parking garages, etc. Huge investment and it will need huge backing and positivity. Hats of to the Ruiz family for at least pushing us to get better.

I like Ruiz is pushing to get results, can’t fault the man for that. However I don’t like that local. I think the best avenue is to piggy back with Beckham for the melreese/airport local. Not far from old OB, centrally located literally to all major highways, and the airport is right there, which would boom all those hotels in the area along with more fans flying in to see a game or even tourists looking for fun, would at least go towards filling stadium.

I think that far down is a challenge for broward/palm beach areas, me lose many not wanting to make that. commute.

issue is how to design a stadiumwhere soccer is only 30k seats and canes would be 60k.

the location though is going to bring it back a little to the Canes of old.
this has been discussed a million times. the mel reese stadium is 1 mile from an airport runway, therefore it cannot be any taller than as presently designed. in fact the FAA has already protested that the designed height is too tall. that stadium and that venue doesn't work. nor does beckham or the mas want the Canes at that stadium.

Advertisement
Looks great. I’ll be back later for a repeat of all the problems our fans have with it…
Beautiful image ... would be interesting to see an overview of the entire project showing where the planned 16,000 parking spaces are. Can't have many under the stadium.

this has been discussed a million times. the mel reese stadium is 1 mile from an airport runway, therefore it cannot be any taller than as presently designed. in fact the FAA has already protested that the designed height is too tall. that stadium and that venue doesn't work. nor does beckham or the mas want the Canes at that stadium.

Let them relocate the Airport HaHa.

Advertisement
Back