Ruiz Stadium update?

Wow! That guy has no credibility to be questioning anybody else’s credibility.

I’m about 99.999% sure you know the story, but he was a government employee living in Washington DC, he was outed actually, I guess ”doxxed” wasn’t a term used back in the that time frame. He was literally pretending to be an insider, with a lot of inside contacts, when all he did was aggregate information from the Internet. Obviously mostly fan sites and accts he followed.

Advertisement
Here's Dan Radakovich himself speaking about it:

“Hard Rock Stadium is just fabulous. I mean, it’s a wonderful place to play, but it’s a little far from campus,” Radakovich said. “You have something that’s close to campus, that benefits the entire campus community, it’s almost immeasurable. So if that’s something that can happen, we’re going to pursue it to its logical conclusion. I know it’s been tried before. But, certainly, there’s things that we can look at to try to create an opportunity if one exists for that to happen.”

Does that not sound like the AD is aligned with what Ruiz has been doing? You think the guy whose creating NIL deals for the players, literally keeping Miami afloat, is doing all this in a vacuum? He's just going to build a stadium and then ask Miami if they'd like to play in it?
I wonder if Dan realizes a majority of the people that go to the games don't live in that community?

Losing has a very undesirable effect on the psyche.
Kind of like being the lonely dude at the school parking lot looking at the rich and popular kids.
All those poor souls looking at and wanting to be someone else. Stop comparing who we are and what we’ve done to Alabam lsu and uga.

Times change, fashion changes, offenses and defenses change.

But the U holds up!!

I would love an age breakdown for some of you guys in here.
Let’s get something straight: The orange bowl was a sht hole. The parking and traffic were the worst. The food sucked. It was probably more sanitary to take a sht on the floor than let your *** go anywhere near a toilet.
Ever had to wait 45 minutes to get out abuelas driveway cause the dude that parked behind you is somewhere lost?
Ever wait a little too long to leave your house only to spend 2hrs on 836?

But just like losing, winning has a great and positive effect and on the psyche as well. And because of winning the orange bowl and it’s **** drenched floors are the best college game day experience we’ve ever had. But Miami even as a number one ranked team was not packing the house for a FAMU game.

Yes, we need to step up as a school to compete. But why do we have to do it like everyone else? We’ve never done it like everyone else. We have never been everyone else.
The reason we’re hated is because we’re not everyone else. Look at These schools trying to beat schools at their own game and going broke because of it.

Let’s be Hurricanes. Builld a stadium in park. Park underground. Rent it, lease it, own it. IDGAF.
We’re never gonna be them. And because we’re not them and we’ve done it the Miami way we’ve won five and got cheated out of at least 2 more.

IMO this Machine is stating to get rolling and there’s no stopping it regardless if we stay at HRS or if we build a **** stadium on stilts in key biscayne with every **** seat being a diamond stitched recliner.

Fck everyone else. I think I read a post about Tulane in here having their own stadium.

Tulane??!!! ….. Please
1661365733586.jpeg

Hate to break it to you guys, but Johnny Jr. using some of his dad's money to pay HKSA for a conceptual rendering doesn't mean anything. The amount of political legwork it would take to build a stadium at Tropical Park is no joke. This feels like smoke and mirrors... A little pet project Ruiz gave to his son that isn't actually going anywhere.
i can bet my left and right balls that if Johnny Jr. remains the point person on the project, it will never get done. He's a very very very young kid.

Advertisement
Lol; a theoretical rendering means the overall gist of the actual facility, where minor details can be adjusted or curtailed.

I don’t know if you’re following my point or not, what I’m saying is that HKS, which is obviously very reputable architecture firm, doing a rendering is no indication of what the actual probability of success is for the purported project.

When I said if I give them the money they’ll do a rendering for me, this is what I meant. The Ruiz family is legit, but that doesn’t mean that the project is more probable just because HKS did a rendering.

Lol; a theoretical rendering means the overall gist of the actual facility, where minor details can be adjusted or curtailed.

Also, a stick drawing could also be the overall gist of the facility, and with the drawing that’s rendered, those are NOT minor details that need to be adjusted.

Advertisement
They did renderings of the Mexico City Earthscraper too. It would also be cool if it happened.

Great idea why don’t we just do an earthscraper stadium? Since it’s the same architecture firm, I’m sure they could slap the stadium on top of that thing - whatever it is.

The Louisiana Superdome, the largest fixed dome structure in the world, is also known for hosting the biggest events in the country. And it does so in the heart of the most entertaining and hospitable city in America.

It’s hosted the most Super Bowls, the most (modern era) Final Fours, CFB national championships/Sugar Bowls, Wrestle Mania, massive concerts, Mardi Gras…even the Pope!

And Tulane (whose university/campus profile is very similar to UM’s) STILL opted to build a small on-campus stadium rather than deluding themselves into believing those external factors benefit their program.
They also built a stadium that our fans would consider a joke. Yulman Stadium seats 30,000. Tulane has not been a major program in almost a century. They have conceded that they can't win, so they won't try. So, you are basically stating that Miami should just give up and be a punching bag....

Tulane also has AVAILABLE LAND. People forget that Tulane had a facility on campus before they moved to the Superdome.

Advertisement
I don’t know if you’re following my point or not, what I’m saying is that HKS, which is obviously very reputable architecture firm, doing a rendering is no indication of what the actual probability of success is for the purported project.

When I said if I give them the money they’ll do a rendering for me, this is what I meant. The Ruiz family is legit, but that doesn’t mean that the project is more probable just because HKS did a rendering.

I don’t think I or anyone here r suggesting this is a go or will be approved. For those saying that it’ll for sure be turned down, they don’t know & for those suggesting that it’s happening (which I haven’t seen) can’t be certain either.

All I was pointing out was to get to this point, a green light was given to present. Whether it’s probable or approvable is not my plight. I simply let the board know what happened here regarding SoFi. I’ve made it abundantly clear that I’m not familiar w/ So Fla politics, in particular Dade County, but two things can be right at the same time: Green Light was given to present, & the voters can be like “that’s cute, but f ya’ll.”

I don’t think I or anyone here r suggesting this is a go or will be approved. For those saying that it’ll for sure be turned down, they don’t know & for those suggesting that it’s happening (which I haven’t seen) can’t be certain either.

All I was pointing out was to get to this point, a green light was given to present. Whether it’s probable or approvable is not my plight. I simply let the board know what happened here regarding SoFi. I’ve made it abundantly clear that I’m not familiar w/ So Fla politics, in particular Dade County, but two things can be right at the same time: Green Light was given to present, & the voters can be like “that’s cute, but f ya’ll.”

Who are you saying gave the greenlight? My point is, the money they gave HKS was the green light. I’m pretty sure HKS didn’t need any more than that, other than checking out that the possible customers were legit, which they are. It doesn’t necessarily mean the project is legit. Because it isn't, not at this point. We will know when it’s legit when the voters have approved it. To me, it only becomes legit when they have broken ground post voter and board approval.

Who are you saying gave the greenlight? My point is, the money they gave HKS was the green light. I’m pretty sure HKS didn’t need any more than that, other than checking out that the possible customers were legit, which they are. It doesn’t necessarily mean the project is legit. Because it isn't, not at this point. We will know when it’s legit when the voters have approved it. To me, it only becomes legit when they have broken ground post voter and board approval.

OK

Advertisement
They also built a stadium that our fans would consider a joke. Yulman Stadium seats 30,000. Tulane has not been a major program in almost a century. They have conceded that they can't win, so they won't try. So, you are basically stating that Miami should just give up and be a punching bag....

Tulane also has AVAILABLE LAND. People forget that Tulane had a facility on campus before they moved to the Superdome.
You're talking clear out of your *** about Tulane's campus. The land that was the stadium was redeveloped long ago into their gym and fitness center, dorms, and other buildings, and this stadium is not even close to the same footprint. They would have been neighbors. They did not have open land. They had a tiny footprint where they converted their football practice field and some other smaller buildings into the stadium.

There was and is less available land on Tulane's campus than Miami's. For reference, Tulane's campus is 110 acres vs almost 250 for Miami, and is surrounded by homes on three of the four sides, and a city park on the other. They figured it out and made it work, but it was definitely not easy.

Where am I suggesting Miami should just give up and be a punching bag?

Advertisement
Back