Ruiz Stadium update?

Stephen Ross is NOT our friend
Was he the owner when we negotiated the lease? Either way, he can tell Miami to **** off and what are we going to do? Leave to Marlins Park? Miami is ****ed.

There is a reason why we are looking at our options.

Advertisement
Hate to break it to you guys, but Johnny Jr. using some of his dad's money to pay HKSA for a conceptual rendering doesn't mean anything. The amount of political legwork it would take to build a stadium at Tropical Park is no joke. This feels like smoke and mirrors... A little pet project Ruiz gave to his son that isn't actually going anywhere.
orrrrr, what if it's just a ploy to get HRS to renegotiate for a better deal???? by having the threat of another option.. right now, HRS knows we have no where to go.

orrrrr, what if it's just a ploy to get HRS to renegotiate for a better deal???? by having the threat of another option.. right now, HRS knows we have no where to go.
Well one thing is for sure with HRS getting the world cup games and the College National Championship Game and is in the running for the 2030 Super bowl they will have to renovate again. Exited to see what they do.

I don’t live in miami so don’t have first hand knowledge but follow their real estate/development market from afar. Can anyone tell me when someone with buku money didn’t get what they want in miami? I can name probably 10 mega money guys that get what they want in the city on demand. Dezer development being numero uno

Where are those pictures of the Superdome during Katrina?

For the record, the Superdome is mediocre, and I've been there many times. "Hosting big events" doesn't turn a stadium into "state of the art". The Rose Bowl, the old Cotton Bowl, and, ****, the OLD Orange Bowl all hosted big events.
You missed the entire point of the post and threw in a childish Katrina comment. Go eat some Tide pods.

Advertisement
Hate to break it to you guys, but Johnny Jr. using some of his dad's money to pay HKSA for a conceptual rendering doesn't mean anything.

Here's Dan Radakovich himself speaking about it:

“Hard Rock Stadium is just fabulous. I mean, it’s a wonderful place to play, but it’s a little far from campus,” Radakovich said. “You have something that’s close to campus, that benefits the entire campus community, it’s almost immeasurable. So if that’s something that can happen, we’re going to pursue it to its logical conclusion. I know it’s been tried before. But, certainly, there’s things that we can look at to try to create an opportunity if one exists for that to happen.”

Does that not sound like the AD is aligned with what Ruiz has been doing? You think the guy whose creating NIL deals for the players, literally keeping Miami afloat, is doing all this in a vacuum? He's just going to build a stadium and then ask Miami if they'd like to play in it?

Should just stay at hard rock. Going to the new one still isn’t on campus. Sure it’s closer but it’ll be the same ****
It doesn't help the players. Teams stay in hotels the night before the game. I don't know where UM stays, but I'm sure it's close to Hard Rock. They'd still be in a hotel even if the stadium were on campus.

So, this is about fan attendance and branding but fan attendance will be strong at Hard Rock with winning. We saw that in 2017.

Here's Dan Radakovich himself speaking about it:

Does that not sound like the AD is aligned with what Ruiz has been doing? You think the guy whose creating NIL deals for the players, literally keeping Miami afloat, is doing all this in a vacuum? He's just going to build a stadium and then ask Miami if they'd like to play in it?

Wanting it is obvious. Everything after that gets exponentially tougher with each step taken.

Right now this is a well intentioned fantasy. The hurdles that need to be cleared to get it past just this stage will be huge and likely, imo, too much to ever make this a reality.

Was he the owner when we negotiated the lease? Either way, he can tell Miami to **** off and what are we going to do? Leave to Marlins Park? Miami is ****ed.

There is a reason why we are looking at our options.

Well not really. There is a such thing as a contract...kicking us out would be a dream come true. On a related note, maybe you can advise him to kick us out.

Advertisement
Yeah, only since 2020. Before that, they were in Sam Boyd Stadium for 49 years, though it was not "on-campus" (like the Thomas & Mack Center is), but was owned by/run by UNLV, much as USC operates the Coliseum.
UNLV doesn't deserve a stadium like that especially with how bad their program is.

Well not really. There is a such thing as a contract...kicking us out would be a dream come true. On a related note, maybe you can advise him to kick us out.
My response wasn’t sarcastic. My apologies if it came off that way as I recognize I can be a smart *** on the boards at times but it was a genuine question.

That contract can be easily resolved by both party’s. The ACC and Adidas contracts are more complex than HRS, I believe.

So, just to remind the board:

We’re dealing w/ a preeminent, global sports architect firm. Let me repeat; we’re dealing w/ a preeminent architect “firm.”

So let me explain how this work, since, u know, I actually seen this firm’s work upfront:

HKS is not doing some vague rendering. They’ve walked the land, done drone shots, taken in suggestions,& ideas that’s not exclusive to the building owner, but the entire infrastructure that will be involved in this decision. They r not into the business of just doing a “solid” for a concept. If they’ve gotten to this point, there was a green light from somewhere, & I’m not talking Ruiz.

I know this b/c my neighbor is on the city council out here, & he has mad juice. I literally just spoke w/ him about SoFi. We talked about the push back from residents, including permitted parking. We talked about the traffic, bike paths, etc etc. He said , & I quote, when Mr Koenke proposed his idea, the initial reaction was rejection; then we walked the land w/ him, lawyers, developers, planners, & presented us an idea to bring in more revenue for the city; we gave them the OK to develop the plan to present, & the rest was history.

This led to the Clippers doing the same thing, which was even worst than SoFi b/c the city imposed eminent domain on surrounding businesses & multiple apartment complexes housing 100’s of families where their new arena is being built.

But, I’m just saying if we r getting renderings from HKS, someone from The County more than likely was involved to give them the OK to start the proposal aspect.

I can get a rendering from HKS by paying them money. I don’t need preapproval from anybody. I’m not trying to blast the stadium idea or anything, but just because you have a rendering from HKS doesn’t mean anything more than you paid them to have it done.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes sir, that is correct.

However, since those things were built, a lot has happened. There was a recent article talking about how Elon Musk's "The Boring Company" ("boring" as in digging, not as in "puts you to sleep) is proposing to do work for numerous Florida cities.

Between actual digging and "building something that looks like it is underground, but it is really above-ground", I think we have a shot. Not predicting any percentages, I just wish that the It'll Never Happen Bro bros would just keep their negativity to themselves.
Boring Machines have been in use for a many years. Did Elon reinvent it?

Advertisement
I can get a rendering from HKS by paying them money. I don’t need preapproval from anybody. I’m not trying to blast the stadium idea or anything, but just because you have a rendering from HKS doesn’t more than you paid them to have it done.

Obviously u don’t know HKS, & that’s OK.

Advertisement
Back