Ruiz Stadium update?

Advertisement
I was trying to reply to someone that said we’d be renting at tropical park just like we’re renting at HRS.

Either way, my brother you know I respect you. I just came back to CiS after my yearly break following recruiting and I love the enthusiasm for a new stadium, I really do. I’d welcome it with open arms. I can hit a golf ball to tropical park from my backyard.

That’s not the point, though, I hate seeing the fan base get let down time and time again with the same BS. This is way too difficult of a location to pull this off but I’d love to be wrong.
And a golf course too!!!

I love Ruiz!

Some in our fan base like to be stuck in mediocrity while getting bent over w/ no Vaseline.

Thank God we have real leadership who see a bigger picture vs. minimalist thinking.
Did you just call Hard Rock Stadium Mediocre? LOL

You lost all credibility with that statement considering it's one of the only stadiums in the country to host the biggest sporting events in the world.

Now the renderings HKS came out with look very nice so lets see where it goes but don't start spewing out nonsense because it suits your agenda.

You lost all credibility with that statement considering it's one of the only stadiums in the country to host the biggest sporting events in the world.

Now the renderings HKS came out with look very nice so lets see where it goes but don't start spewing out nonsense because it suits your agenda.
If this were prohibited, the board would close..

Advertisement

Our deal with HRS is mediocre at best. Miami is losing a lot of money because it’s leasing a NFL stadium. Some fans only see what’s on the surface but can’t see what’s going on below.

Our deal with HRS is mediocre at best. Miami is losing a lot of money because it’s leasing a NFL stadium. Some fans only see what’s on the surface but can’t see what’s going on below.
Dude I'm not talking about our deal. I was just shocked he called HRS mediocre. If anyone can get a stadium done it's Ruiz. He continually proves anyone who doubts him wrong.

As far as "arguing" over the rendering of the Ruiz stadium ... Ruiz commented that it is a "preliminary rendering" ... just a rough idea of what it might look like to have something to present. They won't be investing $$$ in any detailed plan, supported by engineering design / drawings, until a project has approvals ... and this project is quite a ways from even being presented to the County / voters for approval. UM will be playing for a National Championship at Hard Rock before this project is a reality.

So, just to remind the board:

We’re dealing w/ a preeminent, global sports architect firm. Let me repeat; we’re dealing w/ a preeminent architect “firm.”

So let me explain how this work, since, u know, I actually seen this firm’s work upfront:

HKS is not doing some vague rendering. They’ve walked the land, done drone shots, taken in suggestions,& ideas that’s not exclusive to the building owner, but the entire infrastructure that will be involved in this decision. They r not into the business of just doing a “solid” for a concept. If they’ve gotten to this point, there was a green light from somewhere, & I’m not talking Ruiz.

I know this b/c my neighbor is on the city council out here, & he has mad juice. I literally just spoke w/ him about SoFi. We talked about the push back from residents, including permitted parking. We talked about the traffic, bike paths, etc etc. He said , & I quote, when Mr Koenke proposed his idea, the initial reaction was rejection; then we walked the land w/ him, lawyers, developers, planners, & presented us an idea to bring in more revenue for the city; we gave them the OK to develop the plan to present, & the rest was history.

This led to the Clippers doing the same thing, which was even worst than SoFi b/c the city imposed eminent domain on surrounding businesses & multiple apartment complexes housing 100’s of families where their new arena is being built.

But, I’m just saying if we r getting renderings from HKS, someone from The County more than likely was involved to give them the OK to start the proposal aspect.
You took the words out of my mouth.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Louisiana Superdome, the largest fixed dome structure in the world, is also known for hosting the biggest events in the country. And it does so in the heart of the most entertaining and hospitable city in America.

It’s hosted the most Super Bowls, the most (modern era) Final Fours, CFB national championships/Sugar Bowls, Wrestle Mania, massive concerts, Mardi Gras…even the Pope!

And Tulane (whose university/campus profile is very similar to UM’s) STILL opted to build a small on-campus stadium rather than deluding themselves into believing those external factors benefit their program.

Yawn wake me up when anything tangible happens. It’s good to dream but just because you have money to throw around doesn’t mean anything. First they wanted to knock down gables high now they think city of Miami is going to let them build a football stadium in tropical park lmfaoo

It's not City of Miami, but thanks for sharing the contents of your bowels with everyone.

Advertisement
Does Ruiz get a statue outside if he builds it? I can hear opposing fans now, *insert SpongeBob meme* “but their stadium isn’t even on campus”.

Simple solution.

Plow the UHealth profits into the acquisition of every house on either side of Blue Road between Riviera Country Club and the Palmetto, plus the houses on San Amaro between Blue Road and campus.

On-campus stadium. Problem solved.

So, just to remind the board:

We’re dealing w/ a preeminent, global sports architect firm. Let me repeat; we’re dealing w/ a preeminent architect “firm.”

So let me explain how this work, since, u know, I actually seen this firm’s work upfront:

HKS is not doing some vague rendering. They’ve walked the land, done drone shots, taken in suggestions,& ideas that’s not exclusive to the building owner, but the entire infrastructure that will be involved in this decision. They r not into the business of just doing a “solid” for a concept. If they’ve gotten to this point, there was a green light from somewhere, & I’m not talking Ruiz.

I know this b/c my neighbor is on the city council out here, & he has mad juice. I literally just spoke w/ him about SoFi. We talked about the push back from residents, including permitted parking. We talked about the traffic, bike paths, etc etc. He said , & I quote, when Mr Koenke proposed his idea, the initial reaction was rejection; then we walked the land w/ him, lawyers, developers, planners, & presented us an idea to bring in more revenue for the city; we gave them the OK to develop the plan to present, & the rest was history.

This led to the Clippers doing the same thing, which was even worst than SoFi b/c the city imposed eminent domain on surrounding businesses & multiple apartment complexes housing 100’s of families where their new arena is being built.

But, I’m just saying if we r getting renderings from HKS, someone from The County more than likely was involved to give them the OK to start the proposal aspect.

erection-acquired-erection.gif

Advertisement
Back