Ruiz Stadium update?

Shame on u, my ninja. Like fr fr. Blood u posting some chit from February of this yr, acting like this brand new in response to the tweet? Be better, my ninja.

Furthermore, the chick didn’t say no; she gave everyone a political answer. If it was a no, she would’ve said “this is not remotely a possibility.”
Good thing Ruiz isn’t proposing to purchase the land 😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Shame on u, my ninja. Like fr fr. Blood u posting some chit from February of this yr, acting like this brand new in response to the tweet? Be better, my ninja.

Furthermore, the chick didn’t say no; she gave everyone a political answer. If it was a no, she would’ve said “this is not remotely a possibility.”

I was trying to reply to someone that said we’d be renting at tropical park just like we’re renting at HRS.

Either way, my brother you know I respect you. I just came back to CiS after my yearly break following recruiting and I love the enthusiasm for a new stadium, I really do. I’d welcome it with open arms. I can hit a golf ball to tropical park from my backyard.

That’s not the point, though, I hate seeing the fan base get let down time and time again with the same BS. This is way too difficult of a location to pull this off but I’d love to be wrong.

I was trying to reply to someone that said we’d be renting at tropical park just like we’re renting at HRS.

Either way, my brother you know I respect you. I just came back to CiS after my yearly break following recruiting and I love the enthusiasm for a new stadium, I really do. I’d welcome it with open arms. I can hit a golf ball to tropical park from my backyard.

That’s not the point, though, I hate seeing the fan base get let down time and time again with the same BS. This is way too difficult of a location to pull this off but I’d love to be wrong.

Bro, that’s y u surprised the CHIT OUT OF ME. Lol

First off, welcome tf back! Glad seeing some solid folks come back in time for FB season.

Second, I know I’m out of my element when it comes to the politics game in South Fla, especially Dade County. Who knows what comes of all of this; but, I can pretty much guarantee talks r happening, Chief, & that’s only b/c of the firm that’s being used. Just getting intel on how they roll, I highly doubt these renderings r simply fluff.

I think the difference between us under the previous regimes vs. us today is night & day different, including influence.

I’m excited about it all, bro. I just don’t want us to be too negative on anything, including the season. This chit may not happen, but gut wise, I don’t think it’s as far fetched as once b4, simply b/c of the players involved.

Advertisement
The way people react to us potentially getting a new stadium, I honestly would not be surprise to find out that in a scenario where a vote were to take place in the county/city whatever, that all these supposed Canes fans are the ones voting no lol. Kinda sad. If you live in Miami, are a Miami fan, and this stadium will be privately funded AND renovate a public park to the max, what the **** is there to be negative about....

All for a stadium, but no one else thinks this is soft as fvck and would have a ****** atmosphere? Looks like somewhere I'd want to fall asleep.

It just doesn't fit what a UM game should embody and has embodied when we're rolling... crazy *** fans, deafening sound, a place opponents fear... not some futuristic ****** horizontal seating wanna be FAU with the palm trees stadium

Understand the difference between atmosphere and cool concords/amenities/places for chicks to take pictures

Hard Rock can at least be somewhat intimidating when theres a good turn out.... just my opinion

There are things in motion behind the scenes already. I will give you a case in which Baptist Hospital purchased land to build a hospital in Sunrise just off Sawgrass Expressway and Oakland Park Blvd near Fla Panthers arena. The wheels for this were in motion 2 years before they formally announced it was happening which caused Broward Health to speed up a project because they've had land in Sunrise for 20 plus years and did nothing with it.

Also Tropical Park is not City of Miami, its run by the county and yes they could build something there if it is going to benefit the county and community in the long run which is what Ruiz wants to do. He wants this to be not just a stadium but multi purpose facility, shops, restaurants etc.

Are there many hurdles that are going to need to be cleared? Absolutely thanks to the Marlins fiasco, but its not impossible

People can crap on Ruiz if they want but I will say this... at least the guy is trying to attempting to do something for the program.
Baptist is gonna building a 100 bed hospital in broward.

Advertisement
The problem is they need a multi venue stadium to make it work. Traditional CFB stadiums like the orange bowl, Death Valley, etc aren’t necessarily designed for that, they’re designed for a badass prime time CFB atmosphere, home field advantage

It just doesn't fit what a UM game should embody and has embodied when we're rolling... crazy *** fans, deafening sound, a place opponents fear... not some futuristic ****** horizontal seating wanna be FAU with the palm trees stadium

Understand the difference between atmosphere and cool concords/amenities/places for chicks to take pictures

Hard Rock can at least be somewhat intimidating when theres a good turn out.... just my opinion

Yes! Finally someone who gets it! Why play in that monstrosity?

Amenities are overrated and distracting. We don't need that. Wouldn't you rather play in a stadium that has an F1 track going around it, a tennis complex, and a gondola ride? A stadium that has an on site LIV nightclub where chicks AND dudes can take pictures? As for fear, I've talked to a few players on opposing teams and when the bus shows up to our multi-use funtainment center they are afraid to get off the bus. I mean, there's only so much fun a person can process.

And yes, this render looks like a carbon copy of FAU's stadium. The palm trees, the seats for sitting in, the grass.

Now if you excuse me I'm going to go walk into the ocean because our fanbase is insufferable.

That can be solved with landscaping very easily. And most stadiums are next to a highway.

Where do you think people park when they go to Miami Heat games? Where do people park in condos on the beach? You raise the ground around the structure.

It's like some of you guys haven't been on Earth the last few years. Anything is possible these days.

And to everyone saying HRS is a great venue, I've been going to games there my whole life. Joe Robbie, Pro Player, Landshark, whatever. It is a great stadium now but the atmosphere for Canes games has ALWAYS felt like we're an interloper. I think some of you either forget or weren't around for the Orange Bowl. The place was a freaking dump but there's a reason people talk about it like it was the greatest stadium on Earth. It was ours and you either have no idea what that feels like or just don't remember. Having something that is yours is an entirely different experience.
City Center on Brickel has underground parking.
Brickel!!! Anyone who lives in sofla knows that area floods all the time. And yet that lot is bone dry.

Advertisement
To me having been to both stadiums. The ob was intimidating cause the parking areas (not lots) were really simple and closer to the building. Hard rock’s parking lot is an amusement park. And the fans are really spread out. The visiting team busses don’t even always see fans. You can’t really get close to visiting tunnel from the parking lot like you could in the ob. It’s pretty relaxing for a visiting team. It’s not the building itself. The setting is a football Disney. A GA section would be nice to bring back. The west endzone was accessible and scary af. getting people in seats during warm ups is rare at hard rock. Gotta fix that.

A few things I’d like to see. Keep premium seating to one area. Keep club level seats 4-5 rows in front of the suites. Way too many premium options at hard rock. Most of them can’t be bothered with noise on 3rd down. Put the students from the tunnel on the visiting side to about the 20 yard line. Don’t make 50 yard line seats premium. More expensive fine but not at highest donor level. Let home fans line up reasonably close to visiting tunnel from parking lot. Things like this make a diff. Maybe have a sound effect throughout lot when visiting busses arrive?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back