Ruiz Securities Deal Approved

Advertisement
Why wouldn’t he? His short term obligations can’t be dependent on his share price, unless you know something that I don’t. His current commitments are short term. His company’s success or failure is a long-term bet.
It’s all about having the money to support his varied programs and business ventures. MSPR has $200 million in long term debt and is losing serious money. How long will Ruiz fund a losing company if it doesn’t turn profitable in the next year or so?? No guarantees.

The concern is that he WILL continue fulfilling NIL commitments already made. His company needs to show that its cost of producing recovery revenue is profitable.
This is my concern on all this , i.e. cart before the horse? I love his confidence and the fact he's on our side, but he's running a public company now (albeit one w a very small float) and all that comes with that responsibility. And the comparisons to other stocks of established companies with strong balance sheets and cash flow, don't give me a lot of comfort.

He might want to lay a little low for a while and validate his business model with improving recoveries, financials, etc. He's an attorney, so, he knows he also has to be a little careful on what and how much he tweets, to avoid running afoul of the SEC and his minority shareholders.

It’s all about having the money to support his varied programs and business ventures. MSPR has $200 million in long term debt and is losing serious money. How long will Ruiz fund a losing company if it doesn’t turn profitable in the next year or so?? No guarantees.
I am pretty sure he knows what he is doing.

You’re making no sense. In the next year or so his current short term obligations to current NIL deals end.

Maybe he will be able to make future NIL deals or maybe he won’t. But that’s not what you’re saying.

Again we’re talking about short term debt here. It almost seems like you’re rooting for him to fail. This was never about his ongoing stock price.

It sounds like you’re literally rooting for him to go bankrupt, but either way, the stock price today, tomorrow, the day after, or next month - unless it literally goes down to a penny - has no bearing on either the long-term viability of his company, which is irrelevant for his current obligations anyway, nor him fulfilling his current obligations.

How can you have actual concerns about him fulfilling his current NIL deals?

Tell me exactly why you think he will not fulfill his current short term obligations.

Advertisement
This is my concern on all this , i.e. cart before the horse? I love his confidence and the fact he's on our side, but he's running a public company now (albeit one w a very small float) and all that comes with that responsibility. And the comparisons to other stocks of established companies with strong balance sheets and cash flow, don't give me a lot of comfort.

He might want to lay a little low for a while and validate his business model with improving recoveries, financials, etc. He's an attorney, so, he knows he also has to be a little careful on what and how much he tweets, to avoid running afoul of the SEC and his minority shareholders.

His current NIL financial obligations are basically peanuts compared to all his other financial obligations. Who cares how he runs his company or even if it succeeds or not, although I want it to, you guys are trying to make it like he’s not even going to pay his current NIL obligations.

So you’ve got no empirical data to show this, but you’re trying to create the storm of doubt regarding his current obligations.

Ruiz’ idea and business concept was always based on projected future income, not current profitability nor current stock price.

I’m sure some of the people upvoting your post are doing so because they think this means he’s failing. He’s not. All that means is they are as stupid as Florida gaturd and Forfeit State fans.

His failure or success will not be determined anytime this year.

But I’m not cheering against this guy. I hope he ultimately succeeds, but whether he does or he doesn’t, at the end of the day, as long as he keeps signing those NIL checks I wouldn’t even worry about it, especially since he’s not the only one that will be securing NIL deals, he’s just the most vocal one.

OCCC, to be fair, we do not know if he is or he isn't. Also, there's a reason he's the most vocal, because he has the businesses where NIL are highly relevant and clearly legitimate. The other donors will have to make sure their models work within the NIL rule set.

His approach to raising capital is bleeding edge. Fingers crossed his big data set and AI/ML claims are all as robust as advertised. This will be a wild ride either way.

It looks like it’s Schaivo’ing at $1.38 a $1.44

I think this is the entry point of you believe long term.
Is this a legit term in this world or did you come up with that on your own?

Because I'm just sick enough to have just choked laughing on my Tuesday afternoon Lemon Drop martini reading that.

OCCC, to be fair, we do not know if he is or he isn't. Also, there's a reason he's the most vocal, because he has the businesses where NIL are highly relevant and clearly legitimate. The other donors will have to make sure their models work within the NIL rule set.

His approach to raising capital is bleeding edge. Fingers crossed his big data set and AI/ML claims are all as robust as advertised. This will be a wild ride either way.

He isn’t the only one.

Advertisement
So let’s summarize here.

We have a couple of porsters trying to drive up doubt that he can even fulfill his current NIL deals, without having any factual basis to do so. These current NIL deals are short-term commitments for what are, in his financial big picture, small potatoes.

You would almost think that these people are trying to create doubt for current recruits.

That’s some of our fan base for you, they’ll take a negative and damaging position and then drum it up, so that maybe they can say they were right later.

It doesn’t matter if putting that out there hurts the team to them, as long as they can say they were right at some point.

It’s one thing to discuss in an intelligent manner the long-term viability of his concept and his company, it’s another to say he can’t even pay current NIL deals, that’s some real cūnt seminole and gator shlt right there.

He isn’t the only one.

That is super good to know. Was by far my biggest concern. the NIL needs to serve a clear business purpose. Those collectives are eventually going to need to evolve their models or fail that litmus test and fold, whereas Life Wallet is highly relevant for NIL.

Advertisement
His current NIL financial obligations are basically peanuts compared to all his other financial obligations. Who cares how he runs his company or even if it succeeds or not, although I want it to, you guys are trying to make it like he’s not even going to pay his current NIL obligations.

So you’ve got no empirical data to show this, but you’re trying to create the storm of doubt regarding his current obligations.
Not trying to create any storm, as I hope his company is wildly successful. My only point was the focus of his energy, talent and communications in the coming months and years (and I am sure he can juggle several things at once).

Let his kids or someone else run and communicate the NIL stuff, while he and his GC win the lawsuits, crank out the recovery revenues and turn the company into a multi-billion dollar enterprise value company.

Amazing so many here want him to fail. Sad.

Don't count me in that camp. I want him to have a smashing success. The world is filled with flamboyant and socially active billionaires who may rub the people the wrong way -- Musk, Branson, Bezos. Mark Cuban just to name a few of the many characters out there. Hope Ruiz joins their ranks and wears his U swag as a judge on the next iteration of Shark Tank or The Apprentice.

Not trying to create any storm, as I hope his company is wildly successful. My only point was the focus of his energy, talent and communications in the coming months and years (and I am sure he can juggle several things at once).

Let his kids or someone else run and communicate the NIL stuff, while he and his GC win the lawsuits, crank out the recovery revenues and turn the company into a multi-billion dollar enterprise value company.

His company’s long-term success is irrelevant to whether he can pay his current obligations to current NIL recipients.

We literally have people saying he won’t even be able to pay that.

Actual Miami Hurricanes fans supposedly. You would almost think they were trolls from another team.

Advertisement
His company’s long-term success is irrelevant to whether he can pay his current obligations to current NIL recipients.

We literally have people saying he won’t even be able to pay that.

Actual Miami Hurricanes fans supposedly. You would almost think they were trolls from another team.
No argument there - I never said he can't meet his commitments. I just hope he doesn't get out over his skis w his public persona, given he is now a CEO of a public company w a stewardship responsibility to other shareholders, e.g. I doubt they care about NIL when their share price is in the crapper.

And I too hope he is wildly successful - I love the change in tone now surrounding our university and athletic programs. It's obviously working given Saban's recent insecurity issues.

This is a terrible time for a new small company with unproven revenue to get listed. Most people think we are headed into a multi-year recession, and even if somehow that is avoided, the market is due to drop another 10-15%. Investors want security right now. They are moving into defensive and cyclical stocks. For most tech stocks (Lifewallet is a mix of tech, med, and insurance), high interest rates are poison, and rates are going to be much higher.

On top of all of that, Lifewallet didnt get listed through a formal IPO, it came out of a SPAC, which are notorious for making sure investors don't see unfavorable financial info. Right now SPACs are being seen as a big risk. With IPOs, the curtains are pulled back so investors see all the naughty bits. It's one thing if a SPAC has huge amounts of buzz and investors are lining up to buy shares. MSP Recovery /Lionheart wasn't exactly a SPAC that was setting the world on fire.

In a few years when tech stocks have rebounded with absurd valuations, I expect Lifewallet to bounce up significantly. It just might be awhile.

You’re making no sense. In the next year or so his current short term obligations to current NIL deals end.

Maybe he will be able to make future NIL deals or maybe he won’t. But that’s not what you’re saying.

Again we’re talking about short term debt here. It almost seems like you’re rooting for him to fail. This was never about his ongoing stock price.

It sounds like you’re literally rooting for him to go bankrupt, but either way, the stock price today, tomorrow, the day after, or next month - unless it literally goes down to a penny - has no bearing on either the long-term viability of his company, which is irrelevant for his current obligations anyway, nor him fulfilling his current obligations.

How can you have actual concerns about him fulfilling his current NIL deals?

Tell me exactly why you think he will not fulfill his current short term obligations.
Rooting for him to fail??? You're inventing that. I am LOOKING at his financial situation. His NIL commitments are deals committed to and funded by a division of MSPR ... Life Wallet. What DOES have a bearing on the viability of his company is the company's ability to produce a profit. I have no idea what John Ruiz has for annual income ... but the financials for MSPR indicate that it could be losing close to $60 million dollars for 2022 after having lost $33 million or so in 2021 and currently having in excess of $200 million in long term debt. That is a company that had total REVENUE in 2021 of $8 million dollars. Very unusual for a company with only $8 million in revenue to have over $200 million in debt. This is NOT a normal business start up or expansion. There are red flags (and red ink) everywhere ... and my concern is that in some manner it impacts UM negatively. I certainly hope that there are OTHER NIL options that come to the forefront soon so that other programs aren't using this company's poor performance as a negative recruiting tool against UM.

Advertisement
Back