Rueben Bain (1.0 & 2.0) COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
If we don’t get Bain
It’s plain and simple whoever he signs with just stuffed Mario and joe in a locker
And then peed on it
This like losing Evan Neal
These are the local legacy recruits we have to keep if we ever want to truly be “back”
This no different than golden richt manny all losing these type of players
Let’s see if Mario is really the boss recruiter we claim he is

Last edited:
Advertisement
Spot on! But all you will get is excuses for not showing up and then they expect the kids to want to stay home and play in a stadium that's not even half filled. They keep screaming win and they will come and don't get that is the exact definition of a bandwagoner. No other fan base is saying that, they just go out and support.
Just a bunch a bandwagon mopes with twitter fingers.
Yeah. Miami is the only d1 program that doesn’t pack the stadium when they suck or when they get play shty teams.
If we don’t get Bain
It’s plain and simple whoever he signs with just stuffed Mario and joe in a locker
And then peed on it
This like losing Evan Neal
These are the local legacy recruits we have to keep if we ever want to truly be “back”
This no different than golden richt manny all losing these type of players
Let’s see if Mario is really the boss recruiter we claim he is
No man! remember we have to “develop” 3 stars into first rounders in order for them to come.
Saban and Kirby don’t have to deal with that. They just get guys like Neal, Fitzpatrick and Jeudy and magic happens!

Why is it so hard for ppl to understand what we are trying to tell them? It’s pretty simple for those who can take off the orange and green shades every now and then.

I will never understand booing a college kid. Attack the millionaire coaches all you want but booing college kids during a game is super lame.

indeed, that used to be the case.

but when NIL started, i think it became a case of "all bets are off," and now the conventional wisdom is the kids are fair game: "you take the money?, you pay the piper."

we can debate whether it's right or wrong, but these kids are learning how life is a zero sum game most of the time. welcome to the real world kids, hope that bag isn't too heavy of a lift.

🤷‍♂️

I agree they havent seen it consistantly enough. That UM vs ND game in 2017 was about as good as you can get for a big game atmosphere in this city. But to your point, these kids were in the 7th grade when that game happened. Amazing how time flies. That game was half a decade ago. Smh. Feels like just a couple years back.
My ears are still ringing.

Advertisement
Definitely feels like he'll go elsewhere which would obviously suck. I'd tell his cousin or brother or whoever to start packing his **** if he does.

Ironically Flo only started saying that the past month. Prior to that it was more along the lines that Miami had to fall apart for him to go elsewhere. Now you can tell he isn’t as confident.

I think kids like Bain are in a tough spot. They know the local fans will go crazy on them if they choose to leave. And he’s in a tougher spot with his brother. He’s keeping it as low key as he can. And as you said, he’s looking at Bama. Hard to argue there
Why not A&M. They have something like 80 blue chip defensive linemen at this point. Why not one more?

Definitely feels like he'll go elsewhere which would obviously suck. I'd tell his cousin or brother or whoever to start packing his **** if he does.
Totally. But also you can’t hold the decision of a kid against someone else. Although we certainly held the Campbell recruitment against rumph

I just feel like Bain is one of those recruits that we would have to completely **** the bed for him to not come. Like he is going to give us every opportunity to win him over. You throw the MTSU loss out the window. Thank god we didnt lose any committed recruits over that loss. Because that could have been ugly.

Now we start the in conference schedule and start to show recruits that we will be competitive in the ACC while they are here and LEGIT competing for ACC titles. Thats a good step in the right direction I think.

Advertisement
So now being in a big city with things to do, is a bad thing? I thought it was so much better than living on a po-dunk town with nothing but the college?
Nobody is saying that. I still prefer the big city 99/100 times myself. The point being made here is that not everyone feels that way, and even then it does have to be so binary. You could have a kid that may prefer the city but be open to a smaller college town and certain other factors are the ones that push him towards one or the other. This site has always gone with this narrative of how could a city kid ever want to go a bumblefvck hick town? I well some kids like change and what not.

Nobody is saying that. I still prefer the big city 99/100 times myself. The point being made here is that not everyone feels that way, and even then it does have to be so binary. You could have a kid that may prefer the city but be open to a smaller college town and certain other factors are the ones that push him towards one or the other. This site has always gone with this narrative of how could a city kid ever want to go a bumblefvck hick town? I well some kids like change and what not.
It’s exactly what is being said here. The second part of your post about individual kids preferring smaller towns or not caring either way, was laughed at a few months ago. This narrative changes depending on how well recruiting is going.

It’s exactly what is being said here. The second part of your post about individual kids preferring smaller towns or not caring either way, was laughed at a few months ago. This narrative changes depending on how well recruiting is going.
It was laughed at by unstable unadjusted posters that over hype our players and program every step of the way and are the first ones to rip it to shreds when they don’t meet their lofty expectations.

It was laughed at by unstable unadjusted posters that over hype our players and program every step of the way and are the first ones to rip it to shreds when they don’t meet their lofty expectations.
It was laughed at by everybody.

Advertisement
It was laughed at by everybody.
Not by me, Ive saying this **** for years now. Ive also been saying that we shouldn't be surprised when local kids leave us for some of these SEC schools. Look at the shape of our program and the shape and success of theirs. The stay home thing speaks to me directly because not all kids want to stay home. I could have gone to MSU or Michigan but I wanted to get out and I wanted to go to a city. I was looking at Miami, BU, and Tulane. I was all about the city but knew others that wanted the college town experience. Different strokes for different folks is real, most that cant understand are either too locked into their fandom or just have a limited world/life experience.

I feel like his family connections are the only reason we are being considered at this point.
Agree. If his name were Rueben Jackson..I think the headline would be "4* DE/DT terror Rueben Jackson gives his pledge to Alabama. Saban steals yet another South Florida elite talent from UM. Yeah I just want to be apart of a winning program, compete for national titles every year and Bama is that. And I think they will develop me into a first round pick too. I will always love UM and they will have a place in my heart because they are home, but I need to do whats best for me.".. Smh. Thank god for that Bain last name.

Advertisement
Agree. If his name were Rueben Jackson..I think the headline would be "4* DE/DT terror Rueben Jackson gives his pledge to Alabama. Saban steals yet another South Florida elite talent from UM. Yeah I just want to be apart of a winning program, compete for national titles every year and Bama is that. And I think they will develop me into a first round pick too. I will always love UM and they will have a place in my heart because they are home, but I need to do whats best for me.".. Smh. Thank god for that Bain last name.
That name still might not be enough.
The only thing that might be stopping him from committing here is that he wasn’t heavily recruited until recently.
Maybe Mario and his family told him to take the visits and enjoy the experience.

But if he takes all his visits and doesn’t commit soon after then it’s a problem.

indeed, that used to be the case.

but when NIL started, i think it became a case of "all bets are off," and now the conventional wisdom is the kids are fair game: "you take the money?, you pay the piper."

we can debate whether it's right or wrong, but these kids are learning how life is a zero sum game most of the time. welcome to the real world kids, hope that bag isn't too heavy of a lift.

🤷‍♂️

Not every kid is getting paid and it’s not your obey being spent on them. To each their own but it’s just sports. I’ve never booed at any game I’ve been at pro or college.

I don’t know how old you or some of the guys on here are.
But this attendance issue has to stop coming up.
If you are a real fan of this team and you have followed its history you will understand that this fan base isn’t anchored by a 40-50k student body in a city that has nothing to do on Saturday.

How many times have we heard about the so called orange bowl mystique and crows noise etc etc…
That is a 100 percent fact!! That place was insane!!

BUT IT WAS ONLY DURING BIG GAMES AGAINST BIG TIME OPPONENTS!

And if you don’t believe me then all of y’all can see for yourself.
After opening the season against penn state with a crowd of over 100k in happy valley white out we came back home the next week to play against Rutgers.
Look at how packed it was for kick off.
Look at how packed the OB was for an early game.
Not one single player from any of our national championship teams ever compound about it.

Look at the crowd during kick off

This was the opening home game crowd for the greatest team ever assembled in college football.

They didn’t feel unwanted.
The weren’t in their feelings.
And every elite player on the country wanted in.

Stop making excuses for young men that are too soft to try and build something. The players in the 2001 team came to squad that a few years earlier got spanked by ecu in the orange bowl.

The crowd for the Temple game that year was worse than this. I literally had rows upon rows next to me with nobody there.

How about if he was James Jackson’s brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back